Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

need opinions

Old 03-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low04 is an unknown quantity at this point
need opinions

first off i dont want to hear what teampointless has to say

here's the situation
was going to buy a set of kw coilovers from another member.
he delivered, helped install them. we get done with the back and he pushes down on them (why i dont really know but he did). one side really stiff other side normal. next day i mess with the adjustments and the one side really stiff. take it to a shop and have them reinstall them to double check our work. everything was correct. had the front done at the same time so they could be modified. the one on the rear still really stiff. so i end up taking them off after talking to a few different shops. verdict the internal dampening was screwed up. talked to him about it everything was cool. he would take them back, no problems. now he wants me to pay for some coilovers which were described as like new condition, nothing at all wrong with them. come to find out the one is messed up, all the adjustments for height stripped. now he is telling me i messed them up and he just wants the money from me and i am the reason they are the way they are. let me remind you that he was the one who pointed out the one that was really stiff

now for the actual question: why would i pay for some coilovers that are messed up to the point where they are not driveable. i may be a flaker to some people and i really dont care but when i am going to purchase something for that amount i want something that is in good condition and working order.

post opinions please

pm me for the member's name
Old 03-19-2005

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
hmm... well i know the person who sold u the coilovers and i know he is an honest person. you are in a pretty tight situation and i know the coilovers are now useless to you but when he gave them to you, were you or him aware of the defective side? i think it kinda boils down to that but also you stripped the height adjustments, right? or were they like that? i think if that was your fault than you should still pay him half of the original price. or have you tried contacting the original owner or kw to see if they are still warrantied? thats another solution..
Old 03-19-2005
Registered!!

i didnt strip them. they were that way. i am not trying to get out of paying for them just because i sold the civic. i am trying to not get screwed. i know he is for the most part a stand up guy but this has changed my point of view completely. he says he will take them back then calls me asking when he will get his money. he can get them warrantied easier than i can. he could go through who he bought them from but 2-3 people down the line wont be easy. i would have still payed for them if they were in usable condition even though i sold the civic, but since there were some things that i wasnt told about, i see no reason to still pay for them. basically i feel lied to. he found the stiff side so he must have had atleast an idea something may have been wrong. i can see his point of view, needing money and all. if i were to sell something to someone and they were not happy with it i would refund the money. if i sold something and didnt tell them everything about it, or told them they were in perfect shape and they werent, i would either refund or come up with a solution to solve the problem. i see both sides of the story. i have been on both sides before. all i know is we agreed on a price, and now he wants it for a product that isnt what i was told
Old 03-19-2005
Registered!!

not to mention the fact that now he wont reply to me or pm me to come up with a solution that we can both agree to