Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Friend wrecked my car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Friend wrecked my car!!!!!

I let this kid drive my car and he let me drive his at the same time. As we were pulling out of a parking lot, he ran right into a large curb. At the time of the accident he said he would pay for everything. Like a day later we kinda agreed that I would have my insurance cover it if it was over $1000 and he would pay for the detuctable. Well after I found out that my insurance was going to go up $50 dollars more a month, I told him he would have to pay for it all. I mean it's not like I ran into the damn curb. Well, I had 3 estimates done on the dammage and it came out to roughly $1200. Seeing how it's only $200 more you think the kid could pull this off. Of course not! After like a week of a voiding my calls, he calls me back. I try to be nice and offer to pay the remaining $200 and have him pay the $1000 like he said he would. Well now the a$$hole says that he can't give me that kind of money. He is still offering to pay my detuctable on my insurance but I can't afford the extra $50 more a month it's going to cost me. I tried to work with this kid and tried not to be a d*ck about this. Now he is really pissing me off. What the hell should I do???

Oh ya. Supposedly he can't come up with a $1000 but he can afford to dump $2000 on performance parts for his car!!!! He works for a computer company and makes mad money as me and all my friends know. I'm so pissed off right now that I'm tempted to beat his ***. Help me out guys/girls.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
get ahold of his insurance company. did you tell yours you were driving. if you did your screwed. you can sue him for the money.
you'll lose a friend....though he doesnt sound like much of a friend.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that really sucks... I would go talk to lawer to see what your options are.

how did he hit the curb? head on?
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

ptechricer is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I dont know, he must not be a very good freind to avoid you. I would make his life a living hell.
Old 06-22-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
this is why i never let anyone drive my car.
go to talk insurance company to see what they can do.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by viciousvolpe
get ahold of his insurance company. did you tell yours you were driving. if you did your screwed. you can sue him for the money.
you'll lose a friend....though he doesnt sound like much of a friend.
No I told my insurance company that he was driving. We have the same insurance company and he is not covered on anyone elses car but his. So his insurance won't pay for it. I want to sue him but I don't think it would be worth the money spent for court and the hassle that I'd go through. Oh and no, he's not really a friend. More like a friend of a friend. God I'm so pissed!!!!
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by bickford05
wow that really sucks... I would go talk to lawer to see what your options are.

how did he hit the curb? head on?
Ya he hit the curb head on. My car is lowered so it is messed up pretty bad.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
****. That's why I only allow my friends to sit in the driver's seat only if the ebrake is up AT ALL TIMES.

I also consulted me insurance about "what if someone else crashes my car while driving it" and they said the same thing.

That's why I'm picky about who drives my car. I don't let my dad in it anymore, because of the way he back out of the driveway one time. He totally hopped off a curb and almost bent my old 17s. Before that, he never turned the wheel far enough before driving into the driveway, so he would climb up the curb.

And when a friend asks me if they can take my ride for a spin, I tell them "if YOU damage my car, MY insurance will go up and I will have to pay for it because it's my car; and that aint happening" even if it's in a parking lot. I'm not about to let people drive my car to death on my expense.
Old 06-22-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
Thats messed up man. Give him a date to get the money to you, or take the matters into your own hands.
Old 06-22-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
If he will not pay you than give him a $1200 *** kicking. Thats what I would do. Or take stuff off of his car and sell it so you get the money to pay for it.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

JLODVO is an unknown quantity at this point
cant you change insurace company?? so u dont need to pay that extra 50
Old 06-22-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
should have got 21st century insurance/
Old 06-22-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
i don't understand why the fvck his insurance (the same as yours) wont cover him driving someone elses car?!? that's retarded right there. you need to let both him and his ensurance guy know that you're going to be in contact with lawyer to take futher action.... that will make em **** a brick.

in the mean time talk to one and find out what you can do. he makes money, so there is a way he can pay for it. don't woorry man.
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

twizzx is an unknown quantity at this point
Like a day later we kinda agreed that I would have my insurance cover it if it was over $1000 and he would pay for the detuctable

That's what you did wrong. Why would you agree to such a thing. Premium goes up when you claim. You should have agreed that he would pay for all the damages. What kind of an idiot drives right into a curb out of a parking lot. He should pay just for his stupidity. I say don't claim and just take the $500 your "friend" was going to give you. What was damaged? If the only thing damaged was your bumper use that money to buy a used one. If you take him to court I don't know if you'll be able to get the full payment since you guys did agree to have him pay just for the deductible.
Old 06-22-2003
Smell My Face!!

Distinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant future
that sux.......someone hit me and ran....
Old 06-22-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
this is the reason i dont let people drive my car anymore. ive left 1 girl drive it in a parking lot with me in it and a couple of my other friends drive it around BUT NO MORE!. people are always like awww cmon man i wont **** it up...and im like hell no. after reading this im positive on not letting people drive my car. you see when you let them drive it they try SO HARD not to **** anything up that they end up ****ing it up completely like you just said. i bet this was a lesson for you huh?