Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Who said seatcovers aren't any good?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NorrinRadd is an unknown quantity at this point
Who said seatcovers aren't any good?!

Ok, I know a lot of people on this site doesn't like seatcovers and they have good reason to, since for the most part they do suck. Anyways, I'm from Hawai'i and I could care less what anyone thinks about our Aloha-style seatcovers, but I'll admit they did look tacky, especially since I'm not in Hawai'i anymore. All that aside, if you don't know what Wet Okole seatcovers are, here's a quick breakdown... they are made of wetsuit neoprene, custom made for your car, and look great. You can find out more at wetokole.com, they do cost quite a bit (I paid $540, man no Kamaaina discount wtf). I know, why didn't I just get leather or racing seats? Well leather gets too hot for me and I don't like the smell for some reason. As for racing seats, not really my style, I want my car to still look relatively OEM. With Wet Okole's you get custom fit/style/color seatcovers that look great and stay cool even in the heat and are water resistant. Anyways, I know I'll get flamed for having seatcovers (don't really care since I love them), but before you do check out these pics and let me know if you still think they suck (universal fits do suck, but good custom ones like these IMHO don't)...

I know there's some wrinkles, but they'll go away after a couple weeks of use.
Old 04-30-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
They don't look bad at all. Half the reason seat covers get flamed is because our seats aren't very comfortable.
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

drang01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like them I'll be checking them out myself. I assume its a breeze to install to.
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

These are very comfortable and actually make the stock seats more comfortable due to the extra support and cushioning. Plus, the neoprene actually makes your seats feel a lot cooler by several degrees, even in the heat. They were most definitely easy to install w/ adjustable belt clip straps like the ones on backpacks, not some elastic piece of crap like most universal seatcovers. The quality is top notch and what a great custom fit and 2 tone style
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
They look nice.
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

tangerine is an unknown quantity at this point
I like them!! I jsut odered a set of seat covers made out of the same material for my Cavalier. I liek it more than leather, not as hot and sitcky and you dotn slide around
Old 04-30-2003
anti rice

spoon will become famous soon enough
those seat covers r really really nice and clean looking, ive seen others that r just horrible but i think you definatly got urself a good set.
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
i saw some leather or vinyl on the site i planning to get some. Do i have to pay more for leather or vinyl? oh yah what is vinyl?
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks really good. I plan on redoing my interior with the same scheme this summer. I want the katskinz leather....just something about being able to say you have leather. But in those pics, it doesn't even look like they are just seat covers. Do they fit snug against the seats or do the covers slide around a little bit? Tell tell, you might have me sold.
Old 04-30-2003
Registered!!

Deejai35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those look good... definately not what I expect from seat covers.
Old 05-01-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
not my taste but it looks good.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
looks better than your average seatcover, anything to get rid of that horrible pattern on the stock seats, lol
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

I just took a look at your ride. you have the intake I'm getting the body kit I'm getting and now after seeing your seat covers.. the same seat covers I'm getting.. you have good taste.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

maybe I'm missing it but is the arm rest covered as well ?
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by 2k2civicRAY
That looks really good. I plan on redoing my interior with the same scheme this summer. I want the katskinz leather....just something about being able to say you have leather. But in those pics, it doesn't even look like they are just seat covers. Do they fit snug against the seats or do the covers slide around a little bit? Tell tell, you might have me sold.
Yes, they fit snug (a perfect fit) to the seats, since they are custom made to our 2001-03 Civics (which they already have the seat dimensions for in their computer templates). It is not loose at all, a perfectly air-tight fit. Plus, even after sitting in them, they don't get loose or move at all, they stay conformed to the seat contours. Awesome, I just love them, hope you do too if you decide to get them. If you have a 2001 EX like mine and decide to get them, just let me know and I can send you the model numbers for the covers I got and what options/parameters I used to fill the order form out with.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

drang01, thanks for all the compliments Yup the armrest is covered too, comes with a black neoprene cover specifically made for 2001-02 armrest.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

synikal is an unknown quantity at this point
how come you took the pictures at night? trying to hide something about the seatcovers or what?? nah j/k....they look tight
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by synikal
how come you took the pictures at night? trying to hide something about the seatcovers or what?? nah j/k....they look tight
Nah, I just finished installing them and couldn't wait till the morning to post. I'll post more pics during the day after I get my UK-spec Civic door sills.
Old 05-01-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Damn thats looks real clean.. But personally I'd rather have the racing seats... But hey thats just me...
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
those look real good !!
i like them alot !
one question though did you have to remove the seats
to get them in, how is the install ??
Old 05-01-2003
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
whopa kinda expensive i dunno i think katskin leather would be more luxuroius but then agian hot and sticky if you dont have limo tint.
riley
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm...not bad at all!! does that price include the rears also???
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 - Nope didn't have to take off the seats, but I did have to lift the front part of the lower rear seats though (easy since they are snap in hooks, just yank up). The install overall was extremely easy since they come in separate pieces (front = 2 headrests, 1 armrest, 2 backs, 2 bottoms and rear = 2 backs, 2 bottoms) custom fitted to our car/trim specifically.

Snort2001 - Yes, the price I listed comes with the rears. It's for the whole set (includes all pieces I mentioned above).
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by 03CivicEX03
i saw some leather or vinyl on the site i planning to get some. Do i have to pay more for leather or vinyl? oh yah what is vinyl?
To my knowledge Wet Okole doesn't make leather or vinyl seatcovers only neoprene (hence their name wet okole [ okole means butt in pidgeon, so your seats don't get wet from your wet just came from the beach a$$ ]). If you saw the option under the "Seat Material" option if the order form, then it is just asking what your original seat material is. Hope this helps, FYI vinyl is just a crappier version of leather for the most part.
Old 05-01-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
wow, that much for seat covers? FOr that amount of $$$ you could of had some of these.......

Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd
Snort2001 - Yes, the price I listed comes with the rears. It's for the whole set (includes all pieces I mentioned above). [/B]
Oh yeah the price also included the custom H graphics on the front seats as well.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
wow, that much for seat covers? FOr that amount of $$$ you could of had some of these.......
Your seats are very nice , I was actually thinking of getting the TenzoR's even though racing seats aren't normally my style. I opted for wetokole seat covers even though they were more costly, since I really wanted front and rear seats to match exactly and not somewhat. I couldn't find any rear seatcovers/types/etc. to match any aftermarket racing seats as I really wanted a near perfect matching 2 tone style for front and rear.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
well there is this website which has the same quality covers in
neoprene, vinyl, cloth.
They will also do piping, embroider, etc.

http://www.legacyseatcovers.com/

i had ordered leather awhile back using the design from this website(legacy) but after seeing how these looked ive canceled my order and just ordered some of these seat covers, its actually cheaper than the leather. but anyway just ordered 2tone gray on the outside, black in the middle, with black piping, and civic embroided in the headreast, same as the leather i had ordered and now canceled.
im not sure about wetokle but this place legacy also will make custom covers for the tenzo or aftermarket seats, if anyone wanted to match them with the back......
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by mndthegap1
well there is this website which has the same quality covers in
neoprene, vinyl, cloth.
They will also do piping, embroider, etc.

http://www.legacyseatcovers.com/

i had ordered leather awhile back using the design from this website(legacy) but after seeing how these looked ive canceled my order and just ordered some of these seat covers, its actually cheaper than the leather. but anyway just ordered 2tone gray on the outside, black in the middle, with black piping, and civic embroided in the headreast, same as the leather i had ordered and now canceled.
im not sure about wetokle but this place legacy also will make custom covers for the tenzo or aftermarket seats, if anyone wanted to match them with the back......
Wow, that's a cool site to get leather and vinyl from, but I'd still get neoprene seatcovers from wetokole.com as they were the first in the market to do neoprene seatcovers and are even sponsored by car companies like GM. Kinda cool though that the legacy site will make custom-fit seatcovers for aftermarket racing seats though, but that be more costly than just getting a set for you stock seats. Thanks for the info. though, gives everyone the opportunity to look at other options too.
Old 05-01-2003
Registered!!

FYI, like legacyseatcovers.com from the previous post, wetokole.com will also do aftermarket racing seats. You just need to upload photos to them and a tech will also call and question about your aftermarket seats.

Quick Reply: Who said seatcovers aren't any good?!