Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pics: DIY Angel Eyes, DIY Custom OEM Coupe Tails, Fogs, and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pics: DIY Angel Eyes, DIY Custom OEM Coupe Tails, Fogs, and Exhaust

Took some new pics of my custom OEM Coupe Tails(DIY is below), DIY Angel Eyes, Fog Lights, and my new exhaust(not installed) ...

oh and i disconnected my white L.E.D. washer lights... they are still on there, they just don't turn on anymore... I need to drill the holes bigger because the stock washers didn't fit (thats why i got the L.E.D. washers in the first place)

DIY For the Custom OEM Coupe Tails:
I just switched the Brake Bulb into the Signal Housing... then i switched the Signal Bulb into the Brake housing... Now when I turn on my lights, no more horshoe effect. For this to be done, the Brake light housing must be made bigger to accomidate the big Signal Bulb. This can be done with a small saw. Now the horshoe only lights up when i signal... the signal housing lights up when i turn on my parking lights, and then lights up even brighter when i brake. Also, to hold the brake bulb in place in the big Signal housing, i just used some electrical tape to hold it in there...

Alternative DIY Custom OEM Coupe Tails(Mercedes or Jetta):
If you still want the horshoe, or don't wanna do any cutting to the housing, you can re-wire the positive from the break light bulb, the one that turns on when breaking(there are 2 positives, one lights up when turning on lights, the other lights up when breaking)to the positive in the signals and you will get the effect of a mercedes or a jetta. The horshoe will light up when you turn on your parking lights, but then your signals will turn on when you break... Then you will have to wire the positive from the signals to the other one you just cut.... This will cause the horshoe to become your signal in addition to your parking lights(because the brake bulb is dual filament)...

I decided to do the previous version mentioned first because i didn't want the ugly horshoe to be on at night... the horshoes are only on when signalling (its like its pointing where i wanna go)

Some details on the DIY Angel Eyes:
I made dual Angel Eyes, but the halos in the low beam, light up greenish for some odd reason... The halos are in there but they are not connected... Also, i used one resister per White L.E.D.(i got from radio shack for $4.99 each(expensive)) The max I could have used was 420ohm but to be on the safe side (so that the L.E.D.'s don't blow and I don't have to open up the whole thing again) I used 450ohm per L.E.D. It's not as bright as it could potentially be but its still noticable...

Some details on the Fog Lights:
They are some brand called "Ultra White Series." Got these from Kragen for $34.99 and comes with an illuminated switch, wiring, and screws(everything you need)... but i did not want to use the screws they gave... because anyone could just yank them off... so i bought some locknuts, washers, and bolts from my local hardware store and used them instead...
they are pretty bright and are a great addition when you have projectors that don't light up crap... They are actaully brighter than my projectors..
However, one of them was not sealed properly and water got in... so if you get these make sure you re-seal them just in case... I will re-seal them soon...

For pics of the exhaust click on the linky below, its not installed yet...
Link to imagestation for pics of exhaust
Its by Megan Racing, G2 style exhaust... tunable with silencer... if your interested in one contact chirpin2k2civic, i got it from him because he works for Megan Racing...

For pics of my fogs, tails, and angel eyes click on "My Ride" above...^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for the long post but I Hope you all like...

Comments and questions are welcome...

Last edited by CivicHX01; 04-14-2003 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
WOW, I really like your ride!!! Lookssoo clean! The car looks soo mean (awsome) at night :X
Old 04-14-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
you dont have any daytime pics of your fogs?
Old 04-14-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by VNlilMAN
you dont have any daytime pics of your fogs?
i do, they are in the pics with the rsx.. you can see them there... but i will take closer pics soon... they are oval with a bluish tinted lens
Old 04-14-2003
Premium Member

oh and if your wondering why my parking lights and front signals don't turn on... its because i have strobes in my parking light housings and my signals only turn on when signalling... one of the filaments in each bulb blew... but i figured it looks better that way
Old 04-15-2003
Banned

JDMVTECB20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet!
Old 04-15-2003
Registered!!

jrock2324 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet ride man.
Old 04-15-2003
GT-S BoY

ProDigy is an unknown quantity at this point
tite car andrew. . .haven't seen ya since i came to your house cuz i had trouble with the new bumper. . lol but yeahs. . good stuff. Hopefully next thing for me will be a drop or some rims. . . .either going with some Tanabe Sustex Pro SS-S . . . .see ya on the streets!
Old 04-15-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by ProDigy
tite car andrew. . .haven't seen ya since i came to your house cuz i had trouble with the new bumper. . lol but yeahs. . good stuff. Hopefully next thing for me will be a drop or some rims. . . .either going with some Tanabe Sustex Pro SS-S . . . .see ya on the streets!
you gonna lower it??? hahah you gonna scrape like crazy...
Old 04-15-2003
JV
Registered!!

JV is an unknown quantity at this point
All I have to say is: Keep up the good work! Love those DIY angel eyes. Are you going to add skirts and rear kit on the car? I don't know if you still remember a guy who talked to you when you were at REGO. Black coupe w/ black circuit 8's. Anyway, peace out!
Old 04-15-2003
Premium Member

oh hey sup!! i remember you... i was getting my rear springs decompressed to install my ground control coilovers... that was awhile back... how you been? make sure you start attending the meets!
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
nice clean ride
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Duby is an unknown quantity at this point
i like it!!!
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Duby is an unknown quantity at this point
ive always like ur car! i know who u are but i dont think u know who iam,keep it up!!!
Old 04-16-2003
Premium Member

Originally posted by Duby
ive always like ur car! i know who u are but i dont think u know who iam,keep it up!!!
well who are you?!