Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Black99Vtec's Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
yeah, what guru said! (*tough guy look*)
Old 02-25-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I think that he has SOME of what he claims.... but not all of it. There are certain physical impossiblities, as joe (and I) have pointed out before in past threads.

It's just trying to figure out what's truth and what's BS. He's got pics that show a few things, but again, I don't think he has everything he says he has.
Old 02-25-2003
Registered!!

speed werx is an unknown quantity at this point
black 99vtec also contacted me wanting to do a dyno showdown at the ATL meet against the swap car.... he claims to put out more powerr than the swap car without spraying... so NA vs. NA.... so i guess we'll see!
Old 02-25-2003
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Black99Vtec
arias pistons...$499
eagle rods.....$380
deck plate....$120
berings and rings.....$200
machien shop bill....$250 (boar, sleeve, deck)(i got hooked up)
ported polished head...$100 (i got hooked up)
custom crank sprocket...$200
oil pump...$75
d1.6 crankshaft.....$285
customizations to oil pump....$free cause i did it my self.
cam shaft...$500
cam gear...$ ?? 200bux
intake manifold and throtle body...$ 400
aem cai...$275
jet ecu...$250
holly fuel reg...$275
stock gsr injectors...$10
aem pully...$100
20% tint...$60(my friend tints windows)
monkey bars...$100
custom gauge bezel...$10(for the fiberglass)
koni adjustables...$520
eibach sport lines...$300
strut bars...$50
hp 4-1 race header and test pipe...$300
arp head studs...$80
rims and tires...$500
1st exhaust...$400( bottomed out on railroad tracks and riped it off and messed up everything)
new exhaust ...$500
a box full of useless sensors and bolts & brackets..(weight reduction)[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
nitrous...$300(got hooked up)[hr]
congratulations- what a waste of money on a piece of s**t single cam motor.
Old 02-25-2003

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ImmortalEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright. lets see if your boy can back up his s**t.

Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: HondaGuru
lets see his explanation on how exactly he managed to sleve AND install a block guard in his engine.[hr]
Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: NeoMagus
[hr]
congratulations- what a waste of money on a piece of s**t single cam motor. [hr]
Can you rephrase that? People tend to get the wrong impression when it comes to SOHC vs DOHC. All the ricers think that anything DOHC is better than anything SOHC. Well, here's one example where it's entirely not true:

Intercooled twin-turbocharged 5,513-cc SOHC 36-valve 60° V-12. Two-piece high-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Alloy heads and pistons. Die-cast magnesium cylinder head covers.

493 hp @ 5,000 rpm

590 lb-ft @ 1,800 - 3,500 rpm

Bonus points to whoever can name the car that houses this engine.
Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

CorradoBill is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: zetaR
[hr]
congratulations- what a waste of money on a piece of s**t single cam motor. [hr]
Can you rephrase that? People tend to get the wrong impression when it comes to SOHC vs DOHC. All the ricers think that anything DOHC is better than anything SOHC. Well, here's one example where it's entirely not true:

Intercooled twin-turbocharged 5,513-cc SOHC 36-valve 60° V-12. Two-piece high-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Alloy heads and pistons. Die-cast magnesium cylinder head covers.

493 hp @ 5,000 rpm

Bonus points to whoever can name the car that houses this engine.[hr]

^^MB Maybach, but that's not exactly fair comparing a 5.5l TT V12 to a 1.6l I4 now is it? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
In a Honda SOHC vtec, (as opposed to DOHC vtec, ala B series motors) the main difference is there is no vtec operation on the exhuast side, therefore exhaust timing and lift is a compromise throughout the rev range. In other words, in order for him to make any kind of torque, it won't breathe well at all up high, or vice versa, it will rev high, but have no torque. As for this whole discussion, seems to me the mods done would maybe make up for the power lost by destroking in the first place, essentially ending up with the same output.
Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

CptMidway is an unknown quantity at this point
lets see his explanation on how exactly he managed to sleve AND install a block guard in his engine.[hr]
[hr][/QUOTE]

Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: CorradoBill
[hr]

493 hp @ 5,000 rpm

Bonus points to whoever can name the car that houses this engine.[hr]

^^MB Maybach, but that's not exactly fair comparing a 5.5l TT V12 to a 1.6l I4 now is it? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
In a Honda SOHC vtec, (as opposed to DOHC vtec, ala B series motors) the main difference is there is no vtec operation on the exhuast side, therefore exhaust timing and lift is a compromise throughout the rev range. In other words, in order for him to make any kind of torque, it won't breathe well at all up high, or vice versa, it will rev high, but have no torque. As for this whole discussion, seems to me the mods done would maybe make up for the power lost by destroking in the first place, essentially ending up with the same output.[hr]
Yeah, I know it's not fair comparing the two. I was just wanting to point out that SOHC and DOHC by themselves are not how one should view the capabilities of an engine. However, alot of people who are honda fanboys do exactly that, believing DOHC is superior to anything SOHC.

Old 02-26-2003
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I don't think any of our moderators (including Neo Magus) are "fanboys". And I don't think he was insinuating that all DOHC are better than all SOHC.

On top of that.... take that same motor you listed, and make it DOHC. Do you really think it's going to LOSE power if you make it DOHC? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

That's why I was suggesting he rephrase his response. I know from his posts that he appears to be knowledgeable, but when someone who doesn't know anything reads that, they're going to run off and think that any SOHC engine sucks.

Point in case for example:

Honda Fanboy: What kind of engine you have in there, SOHC or DOHC?
Mercedes CL600 owner: SOHC
Honda Fanboy: Wanna race, I bet my DOHC b16 would smoke your puny SOHC.

I wasn't referring to Neo Magus. I have worked with morons that think like this. I'm just trying to keep the ignorance of some of these people at a minimum.
Old 02-26-2003
MZ
Registered!!

MZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Im just curious how is the force induction gonna work??? Wont it F up the engine if he is running a 150 shot with such a high compression. The 2 ends of the spectrum right??? Or am I confused. N/A is counter productive to force induction i.e. Turbo or Nitrous. I am just curious cause I am learning please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-26-2003
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
That's why I was suggesting he rephrase his response. I know from his posts that he appears to be knowledgeable, but when someone who doesn't know anything reads that, they're going to run off and think that any SOHC engine sucks.

Point in case for example:

Honda Fanboy: What kind of engine you have in there, SOHC or DOHC?
Mercedes CL600 owner: SOHC
Honda Fanboy: Wanna race, I bet my DOHC b16 would smoke your puny SOHC.

I wasn't referring to Neo Magus. I have worked with morons that think like this. I'm just trying to keep the ignorance of some of these people at a minimum.[hr]
Were talking about SOHC honda motors here, not SOHC motors by any other company. Sorry, but a D17 (destroked d16 whatever you want to call it) ECONOMY BASED MOTOR is not going to compare to a K20A, or any other DOHC VTEC motor, especially going mod for mod. Is there fast D series? Of course, ive seen plenty. But the point is its easier and cheaper to make more power on a DOHC motor (Still talking about HONDA- not any other company). And for people who dont know, ill say it boldly for you. Its pointless to drop money into the SOHC D series Honda block unless you are going forced induction. I know, Ive owned the D17 and D16.

So ill say it again- waste of money. Would have been cheaper to just slap a turbo on and do minor motor work to handle higher boost and call it a day.

Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
I just wanna see that little bitches reply.

check this out

http://www.2001civic.com/forum/viewt...?p=20924#20924
Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

artychris is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been lurking on this tread for some time.
If you go the cash and want to modify a SOHC I4, then I am not going to discourage you.
I would realistically put that money into a nice flat screen HDTV, but that's just me.
SOHC V6's are different from SOHC I4s. If you compare a SOHC V6 to an NSX DOHC V6 N/A battle, who would win?
I'd say the same for a SOHC I4 vs a DOHC I4 in N/A conditions.
Old 02-27-2003
first member with a d16 swap

Black99Vtec should not be trustedBlack99Vtec should not be trustedBlack99Vtec should not be trusted
u guys know nothing at all to sleeve a motor... that means to replace the the cilinder walls. theses silinder walls are called sleeves. repaceing them does NOT add material to stop the flexing of the walls under high rev's .... since ur the genious u tell me that i am wrong and prove your self.. cause i built the car that no one has ever built EVER and what do u have ?? i will pay money to u if u prove me wrong!
Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] THIS GUY MAKES ME SICK. Does anyone really expect him to show at the meet?
Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

u guys know nothing at all to sleeve a motor... that means to replace the the cilinder walls. theses silinder walls are called sleeves. repaceing them does NOT add material to stop the flexing of the walls under high rev's .... since ur the genious u tell me that i am wrong and prove your self.. cause i built the car that no one has ever built EVER and what do u have ?? i will pay money to u if u prove me wrong![hr]
How much money are we talking about? You can pay pal it to me later.

This engine was blown, but that doesn’t matter, this is for comparison purposes only...

Stock B16A2 (with cracked wall, but he was dumb)

Now a SLEEVED B16A2 (note the difference between that and the first one? I.E. no floating cylinder walls.)

And here we have a Honda engine, with a block guard installed:

THIS, is a block guard. It sits between the block and the cylinder walls to keep them from walking (cause Honda uses the weak *** floating design)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

What amazes me most is that you magically spend all this money on your engine, yet have no clue what you are talking about or even how to spell the mods. If you are going to bulls**t us at least have the courtesy to spell things right.

"they do infact boar out ur stock manifold"?
"silinder walls "?

And best of all...

"genious" <---- Ooooooooo.. the irony is stinging mine eyes!

Ahhh... but I digress.

Might I ask WHAT MATERIAL your sleeves are made of, IF by the odd chance you happened to weld a block guard in there with just the proprietary sleeving? (Ive seen people do this, but only as a cheap stop-gap measure)

Oh, how about what nitrous and fuel jettings you are using?

And exactly what type of gas do you plan on using with this 11:1 compression 150-200 shot "beast" of yours? You say you are running a 150 shot on the street? Yea, I guess you plan on running $4+/gal race gas every day too right?

If anything, I believe you handed over daddy’s credit card to waste money on a SOHC D17 while knowing jack s**t about what’s actually being done to it. But even that’s giving you the benefit of the doubt, which isn’t going to happen any time soon.

Please choke on something and die.

Anyone who dumps ~$7k into a motor for 180HP off the nitrous needs to die slowly.

Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

CptMidway is an unknown quantity at this point
u guys know nothing at all to sleeve a motor... that means to replace the the cilinder walls. theses silinder walls are called sleeves. repaceing them does NOT add material to stop the flexing of the walls under high rev's .... since ur the genious u tell me that i am wrong and prove your self.. cause i built the car that no one has ever built EVER and what do u have ?? i will pay money to u if u prove me wrong![hr]
Old 02-27-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: DIZZLE
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] THIS GUY MAKES ME SICK. Does anyone really expect him to show at the meet?[hr]
Who the he|| are you noobie? Not like you know anything about what is going on in this thread.

Old 02-27-2003
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
can u say OWNED
Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
[hr]Originally posted by: DIZZLE
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] THIS GUY MAKES ME SICK. Does anyone really expect him to show at the meet?[hr]
Who the he|| are you noobie? Not like you know anything about what is going on in this thread.[hr]
Oh yes, I forgot how the site wont let new members view and read an entire post. What information are you prevy to that he cant access?

Old 02-27-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

Oh yes, I forgot how the site wont let new members view and read an entire post. What information are you prevy to that he cant access?[hr]
Joe, I seriously doubt he has learned to use the "Search" button yet and read all of the other BLack99vtec threads that have been going on. So even if he did come in and read the whole thread, he doesn't know the whole story.

Old 02-27-2003
Registered!!

TheHughMan should not be trusted

Oh yes, I forgot how the site wont let new members view and read an entire post. What information are you prevy to that he cant access?[hr]
Joe, I seriously doubt he has learned to use the "Search" button yet and read all of the other BLack99vtec threads that have been going on. So even if he did come in and read the whole thread, he doesn't know the whole story.[hr]
He doesn't have to use the "Search" button (nor learn how to use it like its some sort of special ability) to realize this guy is a complete moron. I would have drawn the same conclusion if this was the first thread i read about him.
Old 02-27-2003

Gee, I guess it does make you feel better about your argument if you call him a moron and just dismiss everything this guy has done to his car on that basis. Just because the items he has done to the engine seem like a stretch doesn't mean that they didn't happen. It's so easy to jump to conclusions and throw out anything someone has done to their car because you don't understand it or grasp it.

Yes, we all know that Joe knows a ton about cars. But that doesn't mean that no one else does. Black99vtec obviously has done his research when everyone else has given up on the D17 engine.

Only Joe has shown any proof as to why he thinks this engine is not possible. All of you other bandwagon followers are just repeating the exact words he is saying to make yourselves feel better.

Old 02-27-2003
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
somehow all this trouble he is going through just to fool everyone doesnt seem likly. I believe the guy. At first when he started to post all this bukakki, I didnt belive him. I was one to flame him like all of you, but I have been quiet latly, and I have been reading and absorbing everything. I personally think he is legit in what he is doing. I hope black99vtec prove everyone wrong, and shows them what he has under the hood at the meet. however, if you do blow everyone off, and this turns out to be a big scam, then i will be very disapointed in you. but i think everything will turn out to be all good [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-27-2003
O RLY

Joe is right dude.... the SLEEVE of a block goes on the outside of the floating cylinder walls... all the way from the bottom to the top. it completely fills in any open space on the outside of the cylinder walls... all the way to the top of the block deck.

A block gaurd simply fills the top area of the floating cylinder walls, on the OUTSIDE> It's impossible to have both. Cuz when you sleeve the block... where does the block gaurd go? There's no longer any open space to put the block gaurd in.
Old 02-27-2003

S2000man........if you read what black99vtec said to describe his "sleeved" block, I think he has a different definition of it than what you all are thinking of. He might just be calling it by a different name.

Old 02-27-2003
O RLY

Just because the items he has done to the engine seem like a stretch doesn't mean that they didn't happen. It's so easy to jump to conclusions and throw out anything someone has done to their car because you don't understand it or grasp it.

Yes, we all know that Joe knows a ton about cars. But that doesn't mean that no one else does. Black99vtec obviously has done his research when everyone else has given up on the D17 engine.

Only Joe has shown any proof as to why he thinks this engine is not possible. All of you other bandwagon followers are just repeating the exact words he is saying to make yourselves feel better.[hr]
It's not that the items on his car seem like a "stretch"... it's because some of them are a physical impossibility. I have also joined Joe in showing proof as to why I believe that ALL the mods he claims he has are not possible. Me and Joe have been having at this guy for a long time.... all of our points and questions going unsanswered in the mean time. I do think he has some of what he has listed done... however, I do NOT think he has all of it. Unless the laws of physics and engines don't apply to his engine.

Quick Reply: Black99Vtec's Pictures