Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Check out my boomin system

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Check out my boomin system

My Ride

I finally got my 4th sub in so I am good to go!!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
illest ma f*cken member

SkiLLzSter is an unknown quantity at this point
my god...don't you think it was booming enough????
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeahhhh I want to hear it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Eric
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

nucks is an unknown quantity at this point
good lord! anything fall off your car yet from all that bass??????
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
do u ever get that tested? how many db u hitting
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] That's cool! I wonder how much your trunk weighs.
Old 02-02-2003
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn that thing must shatter windows as you drive by [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: SkiLLzSter
my god...don't you think it was booming enough???? [hr]

haha! Yeah, I guess it was...but I had one sub missinf from my trunk because I had to send it in for repairs. I was finally able to put all 4 in yesterday
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I usually keep everything low day to day (ie:bass boost at 0 on the amp, gain was below 1/2, NF output at -5) so it is not annoyingly loud, but i can turn it up from the HU at anytime when I want it to be [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Got trunk?

Looks good.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

DarrenA is an unknown quantity at this point
How bad does your car rattle??? I can only imagine.
Old 02-02-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
where'd your trunk go?

lol, jk man.

That setup is insane.
Old 02-02-2003
The LA Clipper

[hr]Originally posted by: DarrenA
How bad does your car rattle??? I can only imagine.[hr]
I have actually been able to keep the rattle to a minimum [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] fatmat and dynamat all around the trunk, with two layers on the trunk lid...some expanding foam, and I stuffed some parts of a black cut-up t-shirt in some areas. I was getting almost not rattles, except i was getting tinsel lead slap, but I think I may have stopped that. I won't know for sure though until I can go somewhere and play it REALLY loud. The only time I would here the slap is when i had the trunk open anyway...it sounds nice from inside the car. I had thought that the highs would get drowned out by the bass, but it has been ok...prolly because the tweeters are so close to my ears.

Damn, I want to go somewhere just to roll in my ride!
Old 02-02-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
thats nice man. everyone will be able to hear you when you come down the block. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
a.k.a incamus

maxEmus is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 02-02-2003
The LA Clipper

Damn maxEmus, you hit every single thread on the board!!!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Are you going for Post Master General status!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Hey, did you install that Optima yourself? What about the wire to the battery terminals, that looks upgraded. What did you do exactly? I want to replace the stock wiring and the - is easy enough. The + I'm not sure about since it hooks up to this one other wire and it splits off into two wires that go into the fuse box. What's up with that? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
The LA Clipper

[hr]Originally posted by: Grey
Hey, did you install that Optima yourself? What about the wire to the battery terminals, that looks upgraded. What did you do exactly? I want to replace the stock wiring and the - is easy enough. The + I'm not sure about since it hooks up to this one other wire and it splits off into two wires that go into the fuse box. What's up with that? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
Yeah, I installed the Optima myself. It was actually pretty easy to do. There is a plate under the battery that holds the regular battery in place, and the Optima is to big to fit the inprint...but the Optima is so big that it is held in place by the frame of the car....so I just put the battery on the plate, and it is so heavy that it flattened it out a lil. I then had to adjust the black tie down thing so that it was taller to accomidiate the Optima. Also, the Optima is too wide for the tie down, so if you look close you can see that i had to use a little metal strip to extend the tie down to attach to the chasis.

In regards to the wiring, I upgraded the engine ground and the battery gound to 4 gauge. The battery ground is weird because it goes from the negative terminal to the chasis then to part of cars engine (?). So what I did was I connented the negative to the screw on the chassis... then from the that screw I connected another ring terminal to the screw and put wire to that part on the engine. The actual engine ground is really easy, but I think would have been easier if I had an intake, because there are a few stock parts to work around. The thing I want to upgrade is the Alternator to the positive on the battery, but what you said about the fuse box and the wiring splitting off is kinda confusing to me as well...so i will wait until someone does a DIY or something. I just don't want to jack my car up trying to do that until I really know how to do it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Oh, okay. I thought that you did do that. I guess that's the power wire for your amp though. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2003
The LA Clipper

[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: Grey
I guess that's the power wire for your amp though. [QUOTE]Quote
[hr]

yup! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2003
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
thats awesome.
i am under the understanding that if u have a girl or girls in your car and u turn the BASS up loud enough, they begin to take there clothes off? is it TRUE FONTO!!!??! IS IT!??![IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2003
The LA Clipper

[hr]Originally posted by: AzNmiKex215
thats awesome.
i am under the understanding that if u have a girl or girls in your car and u turn the BASS up loud enough, they begin to take there clothes off? is it TRUE FONTO!!!??! IS IT!??![IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
haha!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Usually my girl usually has her cloths off before the bass even hits!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Having massive Bass in the car = true definition of a hummmmmmer!!! [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-04-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
damn cant wait to check it out.. your coming to the meet on saturday right?
i got my 12" power hx2 and [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] its not nearly as loud as i would have liked it... and i'm only running like 500watts and its already bottoming out.. maybe i need 4 shivas myself..
Old 02-04-2003
The LA Clipper

There are tons of good speakers that can get loud...and you will only need two! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Yeah, i will be there...I need a place where i can tune my system...but I always find something wrong at the meets or something making noise
Old 02-05-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
all i can say is WOW
that looks amazing !!
great job