Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

i bit it

Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STang57 is an unknown quantity at this point
i bit it

cruising 70 on the 2nd lane on the freeway...person in front slams on their brakes so i slam on mines to avoid rear ending him...me having HX with no ABS i start to skid...i swerve into the 1st lane to avoid hitting him...me having stock FIRESTONES and stock suspension, i couldnt recover from the fishtale...i fishtailed for like 3 seconds than i started skidding sideways...at this time im shocked like hell, im skidding sideways, and the guard rail is like right in front of mi face...i watch as i helplessly move towards it, then BAM! i smack it, spin around 180 and mi rear end smacks it...it seem like slow motion cause out of the corner of my eye i see the pass. air bag deploy (mines didnt)...then i come to a halt facing the wrong direction blocking 2 lanes. im sitting in the car still in shock and dial 911...i didnt realize til like 10 seconds laters that im breathing in tha powder that deploys with the air bag...i hop out and see helluv smoke and assume tha car MIGHT catch fire or watever so i just take extra precaution. so yeah my whole front and back is messed up. a motorcyclist stops to check on me and helps me move the bumpers off the road. i then notice that he picked up a milk crate. so im assuming that is why the car in front of me slammed on their brakes. but that car kept driving i think so now i'll have no idea. uneducated about insurance and accidents, i chose to tow the car to their yard and not write a report cause i was scared of getting a point on my L. this sucks cause my parents are struggling to paying off other bills along with this 1 yr old car. i had major plans for this car during winter break, and i just put in my new deck yesterday!!! well i guess life goes on and another 1 bites the dust. well my car bit it twice so far (1st time my dad was driving and truck hit him).

sorrie for the long post. theres way more details but i know most of u dont care so...
friendly reminder to stay safe and take precautions
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh man that really sucks right there so sorry to hear yeah accidents are never fun and yeah the airbags are expensive to get fixed. Yeah I would contact the insurance.

Glad to hear you are ok and stupid drivers [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Nick
Old 12-01-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
hey man that does suck. ive had my fair share of accidents. my one and only one was a life and death situation. both me and my girl coulda died in the wreck. some idiot medicar driver ran light and we had ahead on collision. good part is a block before the intersection, i told my girl to put on her seatbelt. well now i am filling a claim aaginst his ensurance trying to get money from what happened. if they dont pay right, i am going to court. i broke my hand in the wreck and had two surgeries on it since... i have a 2 inch scar on my right hand. my girl is fine, damaged nerves in her knee, but she walks normal. whenever you think you got it bad, theres a more peole whove got it even worse!

oh yeah and i had recently put in a new deck on that car ( a 96 protege) i had too... guess where the deck is now, a year later? proudly in 2k2 civic!

well hope the damage aint bad and that you are ok. take care.
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks but not much you can do, best thing is either leave more space in front of the car infront of you, or don't slam the brakes but just swerve to the next lane if you can.
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

rackness is an unknown quantity at this point
that really sucks atleast no one is injured. best of luck with the insurance and repairs.
Old 12-01-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
OUch man,

Was it just cosmetic damage? Or does there seem to be structural damage too?

Definatly contact that insurance. Why would you get a point on your license?

Old 12-01-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
Why the Fpuck did your driver side airbag NOT deploy?!?1! it seems wen i read one of these post most people say that their airbag did not deploy.. is something wrong with our car!?

sorry to hear about your car by the way. atleast your not dead!. this has happen to me once were someone slowed down to a complete stop in the left lane from 70mph! cuasing everyone to nearly rear end each other!. i swear wut the hell are people thinking sometimes?
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: AR
whenever you think you got it bad, theres a more peole whove got it even worse!
[hr]
yea, you coulda ended up like i did.

Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe it has something to do with the seatbelts, was there anyone else in the car? prolly why pass airbag went off.
Old 12-01-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Definatly contact that insurance. Why would you get a point on your license?[hr]
yeah, you should contact your insurance. you won't get a ticket or a point on your license. I mean, there was a crate in the roadway, you went to dodge it and your car spun out of control.
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Elite
maybe it has something to do with the seatbelts, was there anyone else in the car? prolly why pass airbag went off.[hr]
no1 else was in the car. i dont drive recklessly/weaving whenever someone else is in the car. not that i was driving reckless this time, i was just cruising.

[hr]Originally posted by: Mex
yeah, you should contact your insurance. you won't get a ticket or a point on your license. I mean, there was a crate in the roadway, you went to dodge it and your car spun out of control.[hr]
the cop said i would get a point on my L cause i was at fault. i've only been driving since MAY and i know nothing about how to deal with accidents or whatnot. also im ASSUMING that the crate was in the middle of the road cause i didnt see it til after the accident. that is just my guess as to why the car in front would jam on their brakes. is it too late to go down to the station and file a report or something? i was just scared after he said the point will be on my record 3 years. i dont know how to deal with these situations
Old 12-02-2002
Registered!!

MOUSE is an unknown quantity at this point
DO YUO HAVE ANY PICS OF THE CRASHED VIC
Old 12-02-2002
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn man sorry........sounds like a pretty serious accident. Really glad to hear your ok. Those things can impact your life for a long time.
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

i took pix with a regular disposable camera so im not sure if i can find a scanner...

yeah this was my first accident and the next day i was driving my bro's 325 and i was going helluv slow!
i was more pissed that it happened to my CIVIC rather than being scared of what happened. i been in 5 accidents but this is the 1st time i was the driver. so the actual crash didnt phase me at all.
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear it, I recently wrecked mine and it defentitly sucks.....good luck with everything
Old 12-05-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man, I know first hand what its like as well, I rolled mine last year and remember it like it was yeasterday, and it was no fun at all.
I would be putting that through insurance and take the point because its goign to cost quite abit to fix no doubt, if the bags went off, then thats big bucks there as well.

Good Luck Man

Crashoveride
Old 12-05-2002
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about that I had an accident with my civic back in september hit a lampost it's pretty scary, the good thing is though that your alright and thats all that matters.