Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Finally, my custom headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
sorry to hear about your debacle Grey. I'm exhausted about this project as well. turns out the lights I won off ebay were broken. the headlight aim is way off and can't be fixed. of course the headlight parts aren't interchangable ( [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] ) so I had to repaint the reflectors for my original coupe lights. but I can't seem to paint them right anymore, they come out either too dark or too streaky. so I had to gut up the reflectors I already had painted to fit inside the coupe headlight housing and used elmers glue to hold it in place. i've taken the headlights off my car 4 times now to get it right [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG] I wanted the extra pair of headlights to use for a strobe setup, but I guess that won't be happening.
Old 11-04-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
here's night pics, showing how amber my clear bulb looks, hehe

Old 11-04-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I'm giving up for now and putting my headlight (the one I started on) back together. It's really hard to get a color match. One paint I bought worked allright, but it wasn't perfect. Today I bought another one to try out, but it wasn't transparent enough. I wish I could find the same stuff you used, but it's not at the Michael's in my town. Oh well...

Hmm... I could do the concept civic headlights though... Nah, maybe some other time...
Old 11-05-2002
Registered!!

blingin is an unknown quantity at this point
nice pics before you go to bed!!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-07-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Very Nice work, I still like the all clear but if the cops in your town suck this is the only way to do it

Great Work I am impressed

Nick
Old 11-08-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
clean. but i like my projectors better[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2002
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Have you driven in the rain yet? And do they fog up? Cuz i did mines like a week ago sealed it with bathroom cauk all the way around and it seems like theres no posssible way water can get in. Today it was raining and now its fogged up and it freakin sux, it fogs near the side markers first and i was woundering could that be the area that is leaking?
Old 11-08-2002
Mex
Registered!!

hmm, if you sealed them up well they shouldn't be getting fogged up. I didn't use anything to reseal mine, just heated up the black housing again and pressed the headlight together while the glue was still loose from the heat. no problems as of yet
Old 11-09-2002
Registered!!

Todd1 is an unknown quantity at this point
good job!!