Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Something new!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandon@fattysmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Something new!

Hello Everyone,

I need some opinions on a new project car. It's a 1991 CRX with a B16 with a type R head, wire tuck, tune on the fly, fully gutted. It's only problem is that it has a blown head gasket, but it still runs just burns a little coolant. It has new paint expect for the hood. I can pick it up for about $3500. I would like to maybe put a turbo build on it, but still undecided. I don't have pictures yet but can probably can get a hold of some. Any and all opinions is appreciated.
Old 10-04-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Something new!

Blown head gasket, Id lowball the **** out of that to cover the replacement cost.
Old 10-05-2014
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

3500 is a bit on the pricey side.
Yeah, it's fully modded....
But the downside to that is.........that it's fully modded.
You might not know all the things that has been done to the vehicle.
Old 10-06-2014
Registered!!

aircooledjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brandon@fattysmotorsports
Hello Everyone,

I need some opinions on a new project car. It's a 1991 CRX with a B16 with a type R head, wire tuck, tune on the fly, fully gutted. It's only problem is that it has a blown head gasket, but it still runs just burns a little coolant. It has new paint expect for the hood. I can pick it up for about $3500. I would like to maybe put a turbo build on it, but still undecided. I don't have pictures yet but can probably can get a hold of some. Any and all opinions is appreciated.
I think 2k is a fair price. I'd look for rust and signs of accident as well (non matching paint, shiny sub-frame parts, etc...)
Old 10-10-2014
Former Sponsor

Brandon@fattysmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the opinions, the car is rust free, and has a custom sub frame because the motor kept ripping it out on launch at the track. Only has two runs on the track. Never been back since the new sub frame. I don't think he is in a hurry to sell it. Yes the blown head gasket is a set back but not a deal breaker. Im going to see if i can ask for pictures to post.