Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What did you have before your civic???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: What did you have before your civic???

Originally Posted by tjg312
^^
damn you really liked beetles huh? lol
anyways you should put up a pic of your si! as long as its not retardedly riced out ill get like 50 boners
Beetles are the easiest cars to work on... ever! You can literally take one completely apart with three different size wrenches and a flat head screwdriver.
I have been having trouble getting a working camera but I will put up a pic as soon as I get one! (also my phone died )
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eric76 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a great list for beetles.
Old 07-18-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Before I got my 2000 Si, I had a 94 Corolla 3Spd automatic. First car. **** got me through senior year of high school and through the bits and pieces of college I attended. All in all, a solid, reliable car. Never let me down. But I was getting tired of letting the car decide what gears were right for me. The car is now with my girlfriend and she's being a little...uh. Female doggish. And I'm not talking about my girlfriend.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Mr.VTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMr.VTEC has a spectacular aura about

yes pics of the SI please lol
Old 07-18-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Name:  100_0131.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  86.6 KB
Name:  100_0132.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  60.8 KB
I don't really have a lot of pictures at the moment. Waiting on my new motor mounts right now. Guy who worked on one of them over torqued the bolt on the passenger side and messed up the entire piece. Went to take it off and the rubber just....went. Car isn't being driven right now. . I love it though. Even if it wasn't an Si, I have always liked this generation of Civics.
Old 07-18-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

I would love to have a AE86 for one of my next cars. And why does everyone like em1's so much.
Old 07-18-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

87 jetta lol. the thing was falling apart on a daily basis. somehow it lasted 3 yrs with $3k of repairs dumped into it. pretty decent car tho all things considered.

Last edited by gearbox; 07-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MelJ

I don't really have a lot of pictures at the moment. Waiting on my new motor mounts right now. Guy who worked on one of them over torqued the bolt on the passenger side and messed up the entire piece. Went to take it off and the rubber just....went. Car isn't being driven right now. . I love it though. Even if it wasn't an Si, I have always liked this generation of Civics.
Pretty rare to find an unmolested SI.....or any honda for that matter.
Old 07-18-2010
Trance Addict

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
I would love to have a AE86 for one of my next cars. And why does everyone like em1's so much.
Lol. I'm actually watching Initial D right now speaking of 86s. I dunno what the obsession with em1s is. Guess because you get the better engine and transmission off the bat? I like the hatches more, but they're few and far between around here. That, and they're mostly riced out. The nice ones around here stick out though.
Old 07-18-2010
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sureshot1979
i had a 77 malibu classic before that i had a pontiac sunbird 89
My first car was a '79 Malibu Classic, then I had a '88 Buick Regal and then I had the '01 Vic.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Ask and ye shall recieve...

I got it for $1500, it has about 20k on a new engine (dealer installed+reciept), 97k on everything else.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 07-18-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-18-2010
Low and slow!

Lol. I'm actually watching Initial D right now speaking of 86s. I dunno what the obsession with em1s is. Guess because you get the better engine and transmission off the bat? I like the hatches more, but they're few and far between around here. That, and they're mostly riced out. The nice ones around here stick out though.
I love the AE86's, I am a guy for old body styles and they have so much potential in them. And I guess cause they do have a good motor, I mean I had one a while back and it was alot of fun to drive but I love driving the 2002 si(EP3) more. The k motor in the ep3 is pretty suck *** but they can be just as good as the others.
Old 07-18-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by Mr.VTEC
Pretty rare to find an unmolested SI.....or any honda for that matter.
I have seen plenty of em1s that have not been molested. There are tons of people on em1 crew that still have theres stock and have had it like that for a long time. The one I owned bought it bone stock and got rid of it yrs later and was still stock.
Old 07-18-2010
Trance Addict

I drove an EP3 before. I liked the shifter placement of it. Car gets no love. Sorry to derail the topic.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

I got it for $1500, it has about 20k on a new engine (dealer installed+reciept), 97k on everything else.
how did you get an SI for 1500?!?!

Last edited by Mr.VTEC; 07-18-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would almost sell my soul for the SI civic. almost...
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

how did you get an SI for 1500?!?!
Yeah I actually didn't know exactly how much it was worth when I bought it. I got it off of my neighbor. He was going to sell it to his coworker for $1100. I knew it was worth more than that so I offered him $1500 on the spot. He was very happy to get that much. I checked a couple days ago and blue book says about $4500-5500 for it. WTF? I didn'tknow how good of a deal I got!
It only has one major problem. It spits rice out of the coffee can on the back.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

That thing looks clean. You know what they say, black cars only stay clean for 5 minutes after you wash them. You must have just cleaned yours. But seriously, no apparent blemishes. Nice find
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Yeah I actually didn't know exactly how much it was worth when I bought it. I got it off of my neighbor. He was going to sell it to his coworker for $1100. I knew it was worth more than that so I offered him $1500 on the spot. He was very happy to get that much. I checked a couple days ago and blue book says about $4500-5500 for it. WTF? I didn'tknow how good of a deal I got!
It only has one major problem. It spits rice out of the coffee can on the back.
Just get a stock front bumper and hood and that thing would be amazing!
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Just get a stock front bumper and hood and that thing would be amazing!
Yeah I am looking into that because the front bumper has hit a few parking spot barriers and it is a little damaged. But it is plastic (not fiberglass) so I can probably repair it for very cheap (it's not torn). I am really against fixing stuff that ain't broke. It just needs a little paint touching up and to be secured again. Bumbers ain't cheap but I am.
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Yeah I am looking into that because the front bumper has hit a few parking spot barriers and it is a little damaged. But it is plastic (not fiberglass) so I can probably repair it for very cheap (it's not torn). I am really against fixing stuff that ain't broke. It just needs a little paint touching up and to be secured again. Bumbers ain't cheap but I am.
I would give my 03 EX up for that car or any SI RIGHT NOW!! lol I want one bad....but I couldnt find one
Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

bobbyg5502 is an unknown quantity at this point

88' Dodge ramcharger
98 F-150 Special Nascar Edition Cardmain pg - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/772172
00 Saturn station wagon
97 Ford Mustang GT
04 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom
99 F-150 4x4
NOW: 01 Civic
Old 07-19-2010
Low and slow!

I drove an EP3 before. I liked the shifter placement of it. Car gets no love. Sorry to derail the topic.
YA they dont get much love but thats kinda why I like them. They are more rare than any other SI seen on the road. But they still look good and drive great and the very great thing about them is that you can swap any other k motor in it with out any trouble. They all drop in no problem lol. The k24a1 can be swapped in it and the only thing you need is the rear tranni mount and 310cc injectors and it can run off the ep3 ecu. Its got its benefits lol.

Here is my ep3:

Name:  DSCN1707-1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  70.1 KB
Old 07-19-2010
Registered!!

YA they dont get much love but thats kinda why I like them. They are more rare than any other SI seen on the road. But they still look good and drive great and the very great thing about them is that you can swap any other k motor in it with out any trouble. They all drop in no problem lol. The k24a1 can be swapped in it and the only thing you need is the rear tranni mount and 310cc injectors and it can run off the ep3 ecu. Its got its benefits lol.

Here is my ep3:

I like the EP3's but the only thing I dont like is where the shifter is. Ifeel that i would be weird to shift.
Old 07-19-2010
Low and slow!

I like the EP3's but the only thing I dont like is where the shifter is. Ifeel that i would be weird to shift.
Ya most people think it is weird and that it wont be as good but it works out good. Its actually really comfortable. And its better especially when you are on the track. When you need to down shift before a turn the shifter is right there so its easy shifting before a turn and faster so no stalling. And its the same way when going up through gears.
Old 07-19-2010
Registered!!

Ya most people think it is weird and that it wont be as good but it works out good. Its actually really comfortable. And its better especially when you are on the track. When you need to down shift before a turn the shifter is right there so its easy shifting before a turn and faster so no stalling. And its the same way when going up through gears.
How dark is your window tint?
Old 07-19-2010
Low and slow!

How dark is your window tint?
I think like 20% or something like that.
Old 07-19-2010
Trance Addict

That thing looks clean. You know what they say, black cars only stay clean for 5 minutes after you wash them. You must have just cleaned yours. But seriously, no apparent blemishes. Nice find
Haha, very true. Thanks. I actually washed it the night before and put it in the garage. The paint has seen better days though. You can't see it in the photos, but there's a gash on the passenger side from the PO The body also has signs of being a daily driver. Especially since I live in NY. The TU paint covered most of the gash up though(probably needs a few more coats). It isn't perfect. The bumper clips seem to be off as well. I'd like new bumpers, but as someone said, they ain't cheap. I've got a list of things I want to do though. Cosmetically, a little bit of work needs to be done. I don't know a lot of stuff about mechanics, but that's gonna change soon .
Old 07-19-2010
Registered!!

95-civic-slamed is an unknown quantity at this point

my first car was a 71 super beetle tht popped wheelies n i beat the **** out the and sold it now i have a 57 oval window rag top beetle and a 95 civic coupe on coil overs as low as they go
Old 07-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 95-civic-slamed
my first car was a 71 super beetle tht popped wheelies n i beat the **** out the and sold it now i have a 57 oval window rag top beetle and a 95 civic coupe on coil overs as low as they go
Do your struts bottom out on everything? I had an 89 Prelude that had ebay springs on it....even with the collars as high as they could go the rear struts bottomed out all the time....I went back to stock after a few months.

Quick Reply: What did you have before your civic???