Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Should I buy this? never owned a civic, PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gribur is an unknown quantity at this point
Should I buy this? never owned a civic, PICS

Heres the info
I’m selling my 94 Honda civic. The car is lowered, has cold air intake, header and catback Magnaflow exhaust, strut tower, short shifter, xenon urethane rear bumper, Grillcraft front inserts, black headlights/corners, clear tails, slotted disc brakes, 1.5L sohc engine painted flat back and new battery. The interior is stock with a Pioneer deck that plays WMA/MP3/AAC with AUX input and satellite radio ready. 220,000 kms on body, around 140,000 on engine. Mobil One synthetic oil only changed every 4,000 kms. Everything works; this car is really cheap on gas and insurance and will give it to you certified and with a set of 4 winter tires/rims and McGard lug nuts. I just changed the left rear wheel bearing, oil and catalytic converter. Have receipts to proof the changes. I’m asking 1550 for the car without the rims and low profile tires or best reasonable offer. I’ve had the car for almost three years and it has never left me stranded. I love this car but I bought a new one and don’t have enough space in the garage. I’ve put so much money into this car because I wasn’t planning on selling so you’re getting an excellent deal with an awesome car; you won’t be disappointed.

HERES THE PICTURES
Name:  civic4.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  12.1 KB
Name:  civic3.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  12.4 KB
Name:  civic1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  11.6 KB
Name:  civic2.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  11.8 KB
Old 06-30-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Should I buy this? never owned a civic, PICS

Thats a very nice civic.

Its hard to judge the condition of the car without seeing it in person or hearing it run, but it sounds like the owner has babied it. The seller states that he never planned on selling it, which indicates to me that he had invested interest in keeping it well maintained. 140,000 is minimal for a Honda motor, and the oil being changed every 4,000 km with Mobil 1 is a big plus. The seller didn't cheap out with a fiberglass rear bumper, they used a decent quality urethane kit; I'm not sure about that paint job though, looks a little rough in the pics. Bottom line, its hard to go wrong paying $1550 for a Civic; especially a civic that has had this much money invested in it.
Old 06-30-2010
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

its not really that much "invested" into the car. you can get a urethane kit on ebay for a few hundred bucks. check the paint quality as well. and usually, no aftermarket kit fits perfectly, so it might give you headaches down the road. its got the stock motor and a few ebay bolt ons which are probably of poor quality since the brand names weren't mentioned. email the person to see exactly what parts are on the car. if its all ebay crap, shoot them a lower offer. $1500 is decent, but it's a 16 year old car. but i say that if it drives good and there are no problems, go for it.
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they usually paint cars that color to cover up all the bondo work.
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking car is likely beat to death, but it's still a honda. for the price though it's a pretty good deal despite that

not a huge fan of it's apparence personally
Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

whitealexander is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not sure about the paint but hey if it drives w/o problems and you have a tight budget you get it..

Old 06-30-2010
Registered!!

HarborGate is an unknown quantity at this point

Very clean! The only thing I would change is swap out those Altezza's for either a) stock JDM lights or b) if you must have the Altezza style, the carbon-fiber (greyed/smoked) versions look much better IMO, plus they would go perfectly with your car since it already has dark accents everywhere else (windows, rims).

I like it!
Old 07-01-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Rule #1 never buy a modified car.
Old 07-01-2010
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

good ole d15 with cheap no name bolt on parts+ 136,000 miles on the chassis+ the 1st motor has been replaced premature probably due to abuse + second engine with 87,000 miles and a 100,000 mile service coming up next year = A 16 year old car that has been beat to hell by someone who thought it was a race car, obnoxious body and paint, and a laundry list of maintenance. Still sound like a car you want to buy?
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

HarborGate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
good ole d15 with cheap no name bolt on parts+ 136,000 miles on the chassis+ the 1st motor has been replaced premature probably due to abuse + second engine with 87,000 miles and a 100,000 mile service coming up next year = A 16 year old car that has been beat to hell by someone who thought it was a race car, obnoxious body and paint, and a laundry list of maintenance. Still sound like a car you want to buy?
That was epic.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

its kilometers not miles.
Old 07-01-2010
Banned

Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

What a piece of ****! I think my dog took a **** that color this morning.
Old 07-01-2010

Originally Posted by gribur
its kilometers not miles.
You are correct sir, but I converted the kilometers to miles for those of us who do not use kilometers. 220,000 kms equals roughly 136,000 miles and 140,000 kms equals roughly 87,000 miles. Thank you, now take a lap.
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
You are correct sir, but I converted the kilometers to miles for those of us who do not use kilometers. 220,000 kms equals roughly 136,000 miles and 140,000 kms equals roughly 87,000 miles. Thank you, now take a lap.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

nice, pretty mature crowd here. Guys, i have never owned a civic, i am going by what the guy told me, he said it has been babied and i will take his word until i go see it. I dont need retarded comments about dog **** here, i am looking for guys advice who owned these cars and what they think. body looks fine, engine will be able to tell somewhat after driving it. as for being beaten, it looks pretty damn clean for a beaten up car. i own an 84 318i, did a lot of the same work he has done and it has been babied, so really who knows, i am just looking for objective input from a few of the people with half a brain and the ones who dont have a fetish with examining there dogs crap.
Old 07-01-2010
Low and slow!

nice, pretty mature crowd here. Guys, i have never owned a civic, i am going by what the guy told me, he said it has been babied and i will take his word until i go see it. I dont need retarded comments about dog **** here, i am looking for guys advice who owned these cars and what they think. body looks fine, engine will be able to tell somewhat after driving it. as for being beaten, it looks pretty damn clean for a beaten up car. i own an 84 318i, did a lot of the same work he has done and it has been babied, so really who knows, i am just looking for objective input from a few of the people with half a brain and the ones who dont have a fetish with examining there dogs crap.
Not trying to be a dick but if a guy says he has a modded civic and it runs good and was babied is like me saying that I wake up beside jennifer aniston in the morning and have not hit it yet. Just saying.
Old 07-01-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh calm down.. some of us are just having a little fun.

In all honesty, if you have the access to it, take it for a test drive, see how it feels. Also, if you have the mechanical inclination, take a peek under the hood. Ask the dude how much bondo is under the paint, if it's been in any accidents, carfax report, etc..

If everything gives you a warm fuzzy, then go for it. I'd ask him for the stock taillights, if he had 'em, too
Old 07-01-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Rule #1 never buy a modified car.
So, you would never buy one of our cars, or advice someone to buy your car when that time comes?

LMAO

Buying a modified car is just fine IMO, as long as you take the necessary time to inspect all the mechanical aspects of the car. Yes, its more likely that a modified car has been worked on by a DIY mechanic with questionable skills and that its been driven like a race car; my cars been modified though, and I take better care of her than my mom takes care of her GS460. I'd be far more concerned about buying a car from someone who can't provide me with the service records.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

i agree the car may have been beaten but i also own a bmw 318i that i moded and it is babied to hell, never driven to hard. it could go either way, i am speaking with the owner and he seems honest, mind you its the internet, but i will know tomorrow when i look at it.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

sorry guys, just want to be sure of this car and may be a little up tight about things. i am just trying to get a feel for this forum and i am just looking for honest helpful advice.
cheers
Old 07-01-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
So, you would never buy one of our cars, or advice someone to buy your car when that time comes?

LMAO

Buying a modified car is just fine IMO, as long as you take the necessary time to inspect all the mechanical aspects of the car. Yes, its more likely that a modified car has been worked on by a DIY mechanic with questionable skills and that its been driven like a race car; my cars been modified though, and I take better care of her than my mom takes care of her GS460. I'd be far more concerned about buying a car from someone who can't provide me with the service records.
First off I am never going to sell my car. I am going to drive it till it dies. And second I build my cars not buy them like some people. (built not bought) Every car that I have bought was bone stock so I knew that it was not drove hard and the fact that I can do all the work on it myself and actually appreciate what I have done when I get done with it. But just trying to give good advice if you dont want it dont take it and go on with your life but you wanted opinions and I gave mine.
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

it looks like the owner lives in a place that's not a $hit hole....driver's age also matters when it comes to not-so family oriented cars...

it's about how it's modified....i would buy a modified car that my friend owns it...that friend that I can trust knowing that he took good care of the car....
Old 07-01-2010
Registered!!

I found out that he is 30 years old and loves the car, i am relieved.
Old 07-01-2010

I found out that he is 30 years old and loves the car, i am relieved.
I once loved a sock monkey that was missing an arm and had stuffing coming out of the tail; my love still didn't change the fact it had seen better days. Anways I digress, Just look over the car thoroughly before you purchase it. Good luck