Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Hi! My name is new!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1quickturbosix is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! My name is new!

Whats up everyone. I didnt see any specific introduction thread so if this isnt where this should be, feel free to move it. The name is Luke. I own a Mazdaspeed6 (which I HATE!!) and I also own a EM1 (which is my baby). Em1 is Flamenco black pearl and pretty much stock besides one wicked *** tint job. 5% all the way around and 35& on the front windshield.

Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Re: Hi! My name is new!

And I just found the Introduce Yourself thread. I fail so hard.
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Tint on the windshield? *facepalm*
Old 11-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks good is that an SI?
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Yes it is an Si. I did paintless dent repair at a window tint shop and the guy that did the tinting just wanted to try tinting a front windshield so I said go ahead. He knocked it out perfectly and threw 5% all the way around for me also, as well as 5% on the sun roof.

Free Tint job ftmfw!

Last edited by 1quickturbosix; 11-24-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

were do you live were that is legal ???
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

em2suprcivc is an unknown quantity at this point

i wasnt aware that was legal anywhere, unless you have some sort of vision impairment with bright lights. but thats why sunglasses were invented haha
Old 11-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the worst issue with tinted windshield is cracking during hot/cold cycles. since the oem glass is two layers and cannot heat up evenly with the tint there. oh yeah other reason is in a crash, the glass will not shatter into tiny pieces but rather stay as a big chunk and possibly slice your head off.
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Its not legal anywhere! This car maybe sees daylight 3 or 4 times a year. and 2 of those times is to just to start it and pull it out. Otherwise it stays in storage. My Mazdafail 6 is my DD. I live in MN so I need the AWD.
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
the worst issue with tinted windshield is cracking during hot/cold cycles. since the oem glass is two layers and cannot heat up evenly with the tint there. oh yeah other reason is in a crash, the glass will not shatter into tiny pieces but rather stay as a big chunk and possibly slice your head off.
That's a good reason.
Old 11-24-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Awjvail
That's a good reason.
And yes it is, however front windows are sandwiched between layers of plastic, and will crack and spiderweb, but will not fall apart. That is called laminated glass, which is standard issue on vehicles. Now tempered glass on a side window, thats a different story.