Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My 01 EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mdawg is on a distinguished road
My 01 EX

3 Years with a 97LX and I finally get something I like. Not even had it a month and its all stock right now so no need for engine pics. Has 124k On it.

Future Plan:
Get CarPC Back in
03-05 Gauge Cluster
HID Headlights(eventually retro when I have enough money)
Fog Lights
SI Rims
Intake(just for a little extra mpg not hp)
Sidemarkers
anything else? I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by mdawg; 04-26-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: My 01 EX

a cute bitch in the passenger seat.and 04 tail lights.
Old 04-24-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

a nice drop maybe? And idk if an intake gets u better milage. Depends which one you get. Also short shifter is nice too and not very expensive
Old 04-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nice future mod list so far maybe also lip kit?
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

04 05 rear end
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Lip kit is a good idea. I kinda don't mind my tail lights, I like em both about the same.
Only thing about the drop is it would run me about 1k to do it wouldn't it?
I think my biggest thing I would want is the 04-05 front end but I think speedfoos said you had to cut something with the frame and that is out of my skill level.
And way on down the road RSX seats mights be nice, but that will be a long ways away with college to pay for.
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Another thing to add, why purchase headers,intake, and exhaust then if these engines don't respond well too them?
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

coilovers
Old 04-26-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdawg
Another thing to add, why purchase headers,intake, and exhaust then if these engines don't respond well too them?
looks and sound
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

an intake will give you better gas milage as long as you don't put your foot to the floor
Old 04-27-2009

denice25 will become famous soon enough

nice drop.. keep us updated!
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

change shocks if not....it's worth going from choppy ride to smooth....don't spend too much money 01 Civic is not worth alot of money...
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by denice25
nice drop.. keep us updated!
Didn't know I dropped it lol.

How much are new shocks btw, they are super choppy on bumps.

I know its not an expensive car but it is what I will be driving for like the next 5 years more than likely so I prob. will have quite a bit put into it by the time thats up.
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

jdwoo87 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you choose to lower your civic, make sure you do it right. GET THE CAMBER KITS, your ride will never be right without them If you do it all youself, be careful with the coilovers, you can usually use the factory shocks, but you'll need a spring compressor to get them out. Things can get a little hairy when you compress a coilover.

As for the gauges go, I have an 02, and rather than get new gauges, I put LEDs in my current gauges. The cluster comes out very easily and has this plastic frame that clips on the back. It works perfectly for pinning down wiring and holding the LEDs in place. I chose blue (cliche' I know) and it looks great. Let me know if you'd like me to take some pictures or explain a little more about the gauges.
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

My 01 civic EX coupe had 119K miles on it....got into an accident....damage came to $5800....airbags were fine but declared total they paid me $6700 after all the fees and deductable...

I paid $320 for new tokico blue for all four....if you intend to keep the car for few years, it will feel like a new car....
Old 04-27-2009
Registered!!

Ima have to do a little research into the suspension because I have not read up on it before. I hear everyone talk about the tokico blue tho now is that the shocks,camber,coilover what? Sorry for such a noob question but I've never even thought about doing anything to the suspension until I got this car.

As for jdwoo, I would appreciate some pictures but more that likely I will change the cluster out. If you look around I have a thread on here somewhere where I made the 03-05 work for my 97 civic. I still have that cluster I just need a manual and it seems im going to have to go red because not even ebay has the blue ones and If they did they would be pricey.
Old 04-28-2009
Registered!!

tokico blue shocks and struts....I kept the OEM springs so that I can have stock ride height besides I was riding on 215-45-17 so wheelgap was less compared to civic....you won't need camber kit or any other parts just need alignment (save money)

they are the cheaper than OEM replacement but better ride control....
Old 04-28-2009
Registered!!

As for jdwoo, I would appreciate some pictures but more that likely I will change the cluster out. If you look around I have a thread on here somewhere where I made the 03-05 work for my 97 civic. I still have that cluster I just need a manual and it seems im going to have to go red because not even ebay has the blue ones and If they did they would be pricey.

I eBay'ed my LEDs from China. 20 of them prewired with resistors for under 7 bucks...free shipping. It took about two weeks for them to get to Michigan, but it was worth it for the price.

Blue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/20x-3mm-Blue-LED...A4%7C294%3A200

Red:
http://cgi.ebay.com/20x-3mm-Red-LED-...A4%7C294%3A200

These are great because all 7th gen and up civics have goofy bulbs in the dash. I couldn't find them at local stores (most likely have to go to the dealer).

Also, if you choose to install LEDs, some of the bulbs in the gauge cluster are for high beams, turn signals, etc. Make sure you identify these bulbs and do not swap them for LEDs (unless you want to, Lol)

I also use a nail file or some sand paper to rough up the housing of the LEDs. (particularly around the end) This makes thier light fuller and prevents them from projecting a beam; acting more like a light bulb.
Old 04-28-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Devani
tokico blue shocks and struts....I kept the OEM springs so that I can have stock ride height besides I was riding on 215-45-17 so wheelgap was less compared to civic....you won't need camber kit or any other parts just need alignment (save money)

they are the cheaper than OEM replacement but better ride control....

If you do not change your factory ride height, you will not need camber kits. If you do, in order to maintain proper tire wear and optimum handling, you'll have to install camber kits.

Camber is usually not a possible alignment adjustment for most passenger cars; only tow can be adjusted. Camber kits add the necessary hardware to your suspension that enables the individual doing the alignment to adjust your camber appropriately.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen camber adjusted without camber kits, but it usually requires the control arm mounting holes to be drilled/elongated. You also run the risk of weakening your suspension and it is very difficult to acheive perfection with this method.
Old 04-28-2009
Registered!!

As I have said previously;
"I kept the OEM springs so that I can have stock ride height"
I don't know whom you are talking about...

I own 09 Civic SI
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

I apologize, did not mean to repost any information. I did agree with you that if you do not change your ride height, you do not need camber kits.

I just wanted to further clarify that they would be needed for lowering. It truly saddens me when I see all these rides with negative camber, ruining hundreds of dollars worth of tires; and a wheel alignment doesn't change a thing.

Devani: Could you post a pic of your 17s w/ factory ride height? I'm interested in seeing what it looks like.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

Right now, I only have this on photobucket which is also my avatar...
I had 2 finger gaps with the wheels because the 215-45-17 were slightly bigger than OEM tires....also my retro as well
Name:  Image00003-1.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  45.5 KB
Name:  P1010014.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  80.0 KB
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

I have those same wheels sitting in my basement haha. Need to sell em.
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

I have those same wheels sitting in my basement haha. Need to sell em.
man, what are the odds???

I had to get a replacement after one rim cracked....it was less than $120 so it wasn't bad....
Old 05-06-2009
Registered!!

Ok for the exhaust I pretty much am looking for the sound of the new SI's. Quiet when low and cruising yet loud but doesn't sound like a rice can in the upper RPM's. I could have swore I saw a post around here somewhere about someone putting the SI exhaust on our cars is this even possible/worth while?
Old 05-07-2009
Premium Member

people have custom fit rsx exhaust, not sure about the SI sport muffler. i guess its possible but i doubt it would bolt up, prolly need to weld it on.
Old 05-07-2009
Registered!!

you can buy stock SI exhasut for $100....

but keep in mind 8th gen also has resonator to make that unique SI sound....I am removing it once weather gets better...
Old 05-07-2009
Registered!!

xChinox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdwoo87
If you choose to lower your civic, make sure you do it right. GET THE CAMBER KITS, your ride will never be right without them If you do it all youself, be careful with the coilovers, you can usually use the factory shocks, but you'll need a spring compressor to get them out. Things can get a little hairy when you compress a coilover.

As for the gauges go, I have an 02, and rather than get new gauges, I put LEDs in my current gauges. The cluster comes out very easily and has this plastic frame that clips on the back. It works perfectly for pinning down wiring and holding the LEDs in place. I chose blue (cliche' I know) and it looks great. Let me know if you'd like me to take some pictures or explain a little more about the gauges.
im really thinking about doing that to my gauges
can you explain a little more about it?
Old 05-08-2009
Registered!!

EWWWWW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWxQOOwME7A
Im confused how can it sound so much different just because its on our engine? I don't understand how it sounds like a freaking fart can you could buy on ebay??
Old 05-08-2009
Premium Member

because it depends on the engine, and the exhaust flow rate. same reason why infiniti exhaust sounds so nice. its tuned to the engine.