Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Carputer Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My Carputer Build Thread

A car puter would get a brick through one of my windows so quick...
Old 03-04-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeX

It's interference, you got your power cables crossing your VGA cables. Separate the 2 or you'll keep getting those lines on your screen. It's the same thing with the power and audio cables except that'll give you a high pitched noise in the speakers instead.

i should have known that. I am going to assume that is my problem since all my wires and cables are ziptied together. i will check that out tomorrow.

Sleepyrice...that centrafuse program is awesome. I didnt look around on the disc for very long but was there a crack or serial number for it so it doesnt expire in 30 days.

Also that rar file that is labeled north america...is that for iguidance or the gps in centrafuse...thx in advance
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DeX
I'm using RoadRunner for a front end. I wanted something I can easily customize, I'm a developer by profession. As for Wi-Fi, I took it out and I'm not using anything right now. I wanted to set up my Blackberry to automatically connect for OBEX via bluetooth whenever it was detected but my data plan doesn't allow modem usage. I'm still exploring options, maybe a powered receiver, they're about $150 and will work up to a kilometre.

Guys.....

It's interference, you got your power cables crossing your VGA cables. Separate the 2 or you'll keep getting those lines on your screen. It's the same thing with the power and audio cables except that'll give you a high pitched noise in the speakers instead.

eh i figure he would want more space. 16gb now a days is really small. If he was just going to use 16gigs all he would need would just be a video ipod...with a audio and video out. Why spend all that money on his setup only to be limited by the hdd space. I have 4gigs of music and 70gigs of movies and tv shows alone.
Old 03-04-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

i wont be watching movies or tv shows...just music. and I wont be limited on space 32gb flash drives are cheap now...and if i absolutely must have more space i can get an external drive
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

would one of those work with an s-video input. say putting an s-video to usb adapter for the touchscreen. i have a touch dvd player that has an in for the rear camera.
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I cant get over how well that screen fits the dash..
Old 03-04-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by army12bc
would one of those work with an s-video input. say putting an s-video to usb adapter for the touchscreen. i have a touch dvd player that has an in for the rear camera.
Touchscreens need a power input which is actually powered from the 5 volt line on the USB. Once you connect S-video to it, there's no power wire inside the S-video wire and it'll just transmit the data. But the touchscreen won't work because it's not powered by anything.
Old 03-04-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

For my contribution to this thread, would one of you be willing to throw iGuidance4 my way? I tried downloading it but there's some sort of web registration that needs to take place.
Old 03-04-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by DeX
For my contribution to this thread, would one of you be willing to throw iGuidance4 my way? I tried downloading it but there's some sort of web registration that needs to take place.
pm me your address and ill send it to you...unless of course you know of a place i can upload it to and you can download it
Old 03-04-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sniperscout
i should have known that. I am going to assume that is my problem since all my wires and cables are ziptied together. i will check that out tomorrow.

Sleepyrice...that centrafuse program is awesome. I didnt look around on the disc for very long but was there a crack or serial number for it so it doesnt expire in 30 days.

Also that rar file that is labeled north america...is that for iguidance or the gps in centrafuse...thx in advance
yes there is a crack in there some where.

in the folder "Lz0" there is a file named "centrafuse.exe"

and you just needa replace the origional centrafuse.exe in ur c>program>fluxmedia>centrafuse

with the one in the folder and the "north america" is for centrafuse. its the maps for northamerica. just unzip it with winrar (if you dont have it, tell me and ill upload my winrar program for you) then ur gonna put the north americn folder in ur c>program>fluxmedia>centrafuse
Old 03-04-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DeX
you should have just asked me dex, i was the one who gave him the programs =]

btw, you should ask him for a copy of centrafuse+north american maps as well, i gave him that as well =]
Old 03-05-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

i found the crack earlier today...thx

i was just gonna save the files onto my computer and just send him that whole disc you sent me

i have winrar

Last edited by sniperscout; 03-05-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2009
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

Is your VGA cable shielded? I have a 35FT for my car and its triple shielded. Its ran with all my other wires and its just fine.
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon_coughlin13
dude thats sickk...u should check out this site..if anything ever breaks ur covered..i had a tv in my car but it cracked and they replced it..get a quote bro...

click here

^ please ban this guy

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 03-17-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-28-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

My Carputer Build Thread...Final Pics up

heres some pics of the carputer...i need to do a rear seat delete for that computer. I have rolled it over and sent it into my trunk with hard acceleration

Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  2-2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  3-1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5917.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  71.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5924.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  56.3 KB
Old 03-28-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Pretty sick. And which gauges are those? Did you just change the LED in the cluster? It looks awesome.
Old 03-28-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

civic hybrid cluster and they are glowshift gauges oil temp and water temp
Old 03-28-2009

did u get a shielded VGA connector? does it still ahve the lines?
Old 03-28-2009
You VTEC...I-VTEC

it still has the lines....i am a little tight on money right now so I am holding off until i return to active duty