Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pricing online rules?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
Pricing online rules?

Okay some of you may know i purchased brand new Tein Basic and SPC front/rear combo camber kit from Truehonda.com for a total of 1,074 shipping included. The next day they contacted me saying the pricing for the Tein Basic was 4 years old. And the price was a lot more close to 1,3xx. My question is can they do that or they have to sell it to me for that price of 1,074. Kus i work in retail and i know that apply in stores but not sure online.
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pricing online rules?

that is their fault not yours. they cannot pass their faults to you. thats illegal. are they asking you to cough up more money or something? it is their responsibility to change the pricing and they didn't. simple as that, no different from retail stores. i work at target so i know.... lol
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

and your in the completely wrong forum btw.
Old 10-23-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

they cant do that. i also work retail. false advertising.
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

so what can i do about it? i sorta already agreed to their price of 1000 shipped just for the basic. it's not a bad price but the other price was good with the spc kit.
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

1300 not worth it. rip off
Old 10-23-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

you can return them and have them give back your money. if they dont, call your bank and file a dispute in which you return your items and they return your money. or take them to court
Old 10-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

$1300? come on. thats what SS goes for. even $1k for basics isnt really worth it. just find somewhere else man. they have all sorts of old crap on the front page, SF turbo kit? i think thats from 2001 and they went out of business in 2003 i believe. why dont they update if theyre still selling those parts. even dezod has cheaper pricing and theyre like the rich people's place to shop lol. and if youre paying that much already, it makes more sense to pay $400 extra for the super street.

Last edited by gearbox; 10-23-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-23-2008
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of

well eddie who was the guy to talk to for true honda works here now. i dont know if they just made a new site off of it but there even cheaper.

http://thmotorsports.com/tein/tein-d...2/i-34946.aspx
Old 10-23-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ah okay that explains some things. thanks for the link
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

EnvyX will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
that is their fault not yours. they cannot pass their faults to you. thats illegal. are they asking you to cough up more money or something? it is their responsibility to change the pricing and they didn't. simple as that, no different from retail stores. i work at target so i know.... lol
i work at target too!
Old 10-23-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

if truehonda isn't going to honor the original price, then tell them to refund your money, and go elsewhere...

our online business we have had a similar dispute, but we honored the price...not as much as that was, but we honor it, then change it on the site
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

its the same company just a new site... and they added motorsports at the end of their name. th= truehonda
Old 10-23-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

well they don't have to sell anything to you. They can just refuse to sell to you
Old 10-23-2008
Premium Member

why dont they close the old site?
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

beats me... would make sense!
Old 10-23-2008
Registered!!

no it's 1300 for the basic and the front/rear spc kit. so i didnt have enough money so we negotiated just for the basic 1000 shipped. i think that's the cheapest i've seen around.
Old 10-24-2008
Registered!!

EnvyX will become famous soon enough

they were going to charge you $300 for front and rear camber?
wtf?
Old 10-24-2008
Registered!!

yeah weird. oh well im just waiting for my basic now to come in. about 2 effing weeks.
Old 10-24-2008
Registered!!

i paid 1290 for tein ss-p's. and another 170 for front and rear ingalls camber kit.
Old 10-24-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
even dezod has cheaper pricing and theyre like the rich people's place to shop lol
Not quite. We obey by all of the manufacturers MAP policies and offer quality customer service and parts delivery. THAT is what you pay for.

Tein implemented a MAP policy a few months ago FYI.

Edit: Also we have a REAL 2000 sq ft shop with real people on staff, and a real tools and inventory. We have overhead that online shops do not have. We started out that way a long time ago, but since have evolved and grown quite a bit.

Last edited by dezod; 10-24-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2008
Premium Member

thats why i still buy stuff from you guys
Old 10-28-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
thats why i still buy stuff from you guys
Thanks for the support! It is much appreciated.

Old 10-28-2008
Registered!!

FORGET THMOTORSPORTS, im going to buy from you dezod. everyone seem to have a much easier time buying from u.
Old 10-28-2008
Premium Member

dezod customer service owns all. its worth paying a lil extra to constantly get updates, tracking numbers, etc. they dont forget about you. and look at everything theyve come up with (original parts) for the d17 because other companies dropped the ball.
Old 10-28-2008
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of

i agree. paul went beyond help to get me parts they didnt carry to complete my upgraded rear disc. the best customer service i have ever gotten. and paul i still owe you the end link shot i know.
Old 10-29-2008
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by tuner04civic
i agree. paul went beyond help to get me parts they didnt carry to complete my upgraded rear disc. the best customer service i have ever gotten. and paul i still owe you the end link shot i know.
Thanks very much for the kind words fellas. We do appreciate the feedback. We try hard to provide excellent service despite everything. THANKS 7THGEN!

Quick Reply: Pricing online rules?