Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New Headliner and Door Inserts- Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
New Headliner and Door Inserts- Installed!

Since my special order fabric came in earlier this week I thought I would start on my upholstry overhaul tonight. The material is 100% gabardine wool (was not cheap...$25yd). I chose a black on black pinstripe. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the fabric on the headliner and sunroof door. I have a feeling that it will be a bitch to get the stripes to line up on the sunroof door and roof.

Sunroof is done!

Heres the headliner before it goes into the car. there are some bubbles on the left side that should come out with a little steam. Over all I am really happy with it.

Installed! Gotta get those visors done

Last edited by sniperscout; 07-31-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: New Headliner and Door Inserts- Stage 1

is that the old one? whats with the wrinkles??? i just did my headliner(no sunroof tho) and it took me about 2 hours, make sure u use the super 70 3m glue, dont use higher or lower, it either wont stay, or wont be workable, if u didnt know
Old 07-29-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

thats just the fabric layed across my table
Im using a different glue and doing sunroof
Old 07-29-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

what glue r u using?
Old 07-29-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

I am not sure what it is called. My dad has it. He uses it on headliners when he restores Porsches. I know it comes out of a paint gun type apparatus
Old 07-29-2008
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

fabric looks classy!
Old 07-29-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^yeah the material is meant for a suit
Old 07-29-2008
Banned

nice, so its good glue then, this is a very easy mod, and looks really nice, good luck!
Old 07-29-2008
Premium Member

satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough

whats the width of the fabric and headliner? i bought some fabric but i think its not wide enough
Old 07-29-2008
Banned

gotta go to an upholsterer to get the right stuff, every town has one, call a body shop near u and ask them where they get theirs, i paid 16 bucks for 2 yards of basic padded stuff
Old 07-29-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

umm my fabric is 57 inches wide. but a normal bolt of fabric is 53 inches i think. the headliner is 45-46 inches wide

the normal headliner material is pretty cheap. But I am trying to be fancy so it cost quite a bit more
Old 07-29-2008
Premium Member

satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sniperscout
umm my fabric is 57 inches wide. but a normal bolt of fabric is 53 inches i think. the headliner is 45-46 inches wide

the normal headliner material is pretty cheap. But I am trying to be fancy so it cost quite a bit more
thanks. the widest i can find this fabric i have is 45inches looks like im going to have to keep looking for a wider piece
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

oooooooo, looks fancy!
Old 07-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

That's nice, I think I'm going to ditch the fabric and do something else... I haven't had a headliner in my car for freakin ever.
Old 07-30-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^ gutted interior?
Old 07-30-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Re: New Headliner and Door Inserts- Sunroof Completed!

Sunroof is done! pics added to first post

Last edited by sniperscout; 07-30-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Woah! looks good. How much room is between the headliner and roof? Why did you do the sunroof cover first? Wouldn't it be easier to match up pinstripes if you did the headliner first?
Old 07-30-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

not bad, i hate the light colored roof. makes it feel like its bigger inside than it actually is
Old 07-30-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Woah! looks good. How much room is between the headliner and roof? Why did you do the sunroof cover first? Wouldn't it be easier to match up pinstripes if you did the headliner first?
I thought about that a few days ago and forgot about that when i started putting the fabric down
Using my handy dandy tape measure and some handy dandy pins i got them lined up

Old 07-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I think that looks great so far, I like how it's different.
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

How much space between headliner and roof? I want to throw some sound proofing something or other up there.
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

looking good bro!
Old 07-30-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
How much space between headliner and roof? I want to throw some sound proofing something or other up there.
i didnt pay much attention to that...when I put it back on ill check for you
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

where's the pics... i'm pretty sure you'll put them up tomorrow.... how hard would you say it is? have you ever done anything like that before? did you have help from your father or anyone else?
Old 07-30-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

the pics are posted

I have been doing this mostly myself. I have had some help from my stepmom though.
I have never done anything like this before but I am pretty good at DIY stuff like this. If you arenet good with little details then this would probably be a disaster. But as long as you go slow its simple.
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Lookin' good...I'm gettin ready to do some interior mods myself. In for the final pics of the headliner!!
Old 07-30-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

looks good
Old 07-31-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

the headliner is done. I tried to take pics but there isnt enough lighting in my house for good pics. Ill get some tomorrow once it is installed. The hardest part was up front on the raised area around the map lights and rear view mirror. But overall I think it came out pretty good
Old 07-31-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
the pics are posted

I have been doing this mostly myself. I have had some help from my stepmom though.
I have never done anything like this before but I am pretty good at DIY stuff like this. If you arenet good with little details then this would probably be a disaster. But as long as you go slow its simple.
well i was talking about the final pics... but i see your last post about the lighting not being good. well i'm pretty good with DIY things and have been planning to change my interior to all black with red accents so i'll be doing mine soon... thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-31-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Re: New Headliner and Door Inserts- Sunroof/Headliner Completed!

pics added to first post

Quick Reply: New Headliner and Door Inserts- Installed!