Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New Rims *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gomorig is an unknown quantity at this point
New Rims *PICS*

hey guys, just got my new rims in and on the car. let me know what ya think.

17"x7 Motegi DV5s with Yokohama Paradas (205/45ZR17)
and i know i need to get my calipers and drums painted now. was thinking black but im open to some suggestions

Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Rims *PICS*

I'll be honest, I dont like the rims, but if you love them, then great! What color are you going to go with on the calipers and drums?
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

ha its cool, i know rims are all about personal taste.

not sure about the color for the brakes. just that rusty lookin metal really seems to stand out to me now. maybe black for the drums and calipers as well. i dont really want something to make my drums stand out, ya know?
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hypnotic20
I'll be honest, I dont like the rims, but if you love them, then great! What color are you going to go with on the calipers and drums?
X2 im not really a fan, but then again, i dont drive this car, so my opinion doesnt really matter too much, but yea paint the caliper/ drums a clean black, dont do red or any other color really, i did mine red about 9 months ago and now i kinda regret it.
Old 05-21-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

They look alright. Do you like the 205/45/17 better than 205/40/17 or 205/35/17?
Old 05-21-2008
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tragedy
They look alright. Do you like the 205/45/17 better than 205/40/17 or 205/35/17?
I think it would be somewhat of a smoother ride, not by much though. That's just my guess, i roll on 15's. Baller status.

Anyways, not a fan of the rims bro, but to each his own.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Everyone will have there on options on the rims, I think it looks better than stock, and paint the brakes black and I dont recommend painting the brakes with a spray on type of paint, use the dupicolor caliper paint.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

yeah i would clean em up and use caliper paint for the brakes. as for if i like the 205/45/17's better, not sure cuz i just went from the stock 195/60/15's to these. i like em, its definately rougher than the stock ones, but handles better.

the reason i didnt go with 40s or 35s is because PA roads + nearly no side wall = bent rims... i exagerate, but its that and the ride quality.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah more power to ya on the rims definitely not feelin' them though which to be honest I have never been a fan of motegi.....motegi is like the apc of rims lol...ur whip if you like the wheels...then drive it like you stole it..
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Looks good on the car. I'd definitely paint the drums and calipers black too. I'm going to be doing that in the near future assuming the weather gets nice soon.

Wagner
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

04 ex a/t is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the drop on that?
Old 05-21-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Reverse barrel = sweetness. Looks good.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i think the rims look pretty good. have you considered blacking out the headlights? i know it's not something that people with ssm normally do, but in your case, it might look good with the black wheels. just my .02. nice ride.
Old 05-21-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I think black would look great on your calipers.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm starting to think there is goign to be too much black if you paint the calipers black.
Old 05-22-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hypnotic20
I'm starting to think there is goign to be too much black if you paint the calipers black.
yeh, it's all a matter of personal taste. Here is my view, I think grey or a light silver would compliment the color of his car well.
Old 05-22-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

OEM color is best for a stock caliper and drum
Old 05-22-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, well OEM isn't rust.

That being said, there's always the option of just taking them off and cleaning them real well.

But the whole point of painting drums and calipers black is to not draw attention to them. Painting calipers red or blue draws the eye naturally to them, when there's really nothing to look at. I don't think it'll be too much with your black wheels, esp. if you use flat-black paint. You can get the paint at any Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

+MM+ will become famous soon enough

I think the rims look alright. I think it's just the contrast of the black on a silver car that is throwing people off. Also, pictures never do a car justice...I'm sure it looks better in real life. That's the case with mine, anyway. As for the brakes, what about a deep bronze colour? It would give it a nice mechanical look. I think that colour might be hard to track down though. I don't think black would work well on your brakes.
Old 05-22-2008
Registered!!

its on Tein S Tech springs. the drop is supposed to be 1.3" in the front and 1.4" in the back (according to procivic.com) though i didnt measure.

flat black stood out to me as a good idea. gonna have to stop at napa or autozone shortly.

and yeah they do contrast alot with the SSM. i like that though