Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Latest and Greatest Mod Underway...One of a kind em2

Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Latest and Greatest Mod Underway...One of a kind em2

I'll let the pics speak for themselves....

Old 05-15-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Re: Latest and Greatest Mod Underway...One of a kind em2

oOoOoOoOo... looking forward to more pics
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

EM2Brande is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet either roof lining or CF roof. Hope it works for ya
Old 05-15-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

The roof, the roof, the roof is all fiber! We don't need no paint, let the *********a shine!
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

^ that's hilarious!! can't wait to see finished pics andy.
Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow rob, you must be bored. You coming to the meet? Yeah I'm hoping we get it done for the weekend but we'll see.
Old 05-15-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ rob.. that was fukking cool.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

BigE19 has a spectacular aura aboutBigE19 has a spectacular aura about

Nice i'm working on a roof aswell. What resin are you using? I'm using the System three mirror coat 2 part epoxy. Pretty easy stuff.
Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

**** dude, I'm not doing it, lol. I have a composite guy that is. No clue what he's using...
I do wrenchwork and things that are straightforward, nuts and bolts, like engines. When it comes to artistry, I suxors.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough

Wow! Thats so bad ***!
Old 05-15-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

pfft... who needs the roof?
Take the headliner out and you got the only 7th gen Targa.
Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, like the hideous targa'd hatch at the show last weekend on bags. You shoulda seen it. It was the ugliest, non-functioning car I've seen.
Old 05-15-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

so is that going to be a rap or or you going to replace the roof itself?
Old 05-15-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, anything Carbon fiber is awesome.
Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

I'm not going to remove the roof for stability purposes. The OEM roof will be the skeleton for the weave. The weave will be molded into the OEM hood as one solid piece....
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

lol... you keep mixing up the word roof and hood
Old 05-15-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

maybe he meant the roof is gunna weave into the hood? for structural purposes. do you have a cf hood andy?
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i was considering this a while back before i got the paint done.. but the guy that was going to do it went out of business. this was back during the huge crunch for c/f products too....i think the fiber will be hot though. and if possible, make sure they lay the fabric to match the pattern of your trunk and hood. generally, it should all lay in the same direction. points for you
Old 05-15-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i hope the guy knows what hes doing lol
Old 05-15-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i wish there was a diy. Im learning cf rite now. Its actually not too bad not much different then fiberglass. Either way I wanna see wut the roof looks like wen its done.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

miami_em2 will become famous soon enough

Looks hot. Can't wait to see the final project. Very original
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

andy..... i think im coming to the meet, wondering if you can check out my shocks and stuff.......
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Sweetness! When you get it done get some pics up!

Wagner
Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

If I keep saying hood, I mean roof, lol. I have a cf hood, and no, the roof and hood will be completely separate.

Yeah man, bring the car, we'll check it out, although I'm not sure what exactly you're wanting to do....
Old 05-15-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Let me see if I understand correctly......you're making your car heavier to make it look like it's lighter? I don't get it.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

miami_em2 will become famous soon enough

How much is this running you?
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

Where is the meet you all are talkin' bout Andy?
Old 05-16-2008
Turbo Guru

It's going to add all of 5-10 lbs max. I don't care, it's for show, and a worthwhile mod to do.

Not sure how much the project is going to cost until it's finished.

Meet is here in MD, check out the mid atlantic forum for details.
Old 05-16-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by robbclark1
The roof, the roof, the roof is all fiber! We don't need no paint, let the *********a shine!
hahahhahaha...... HAHAHAHHAHA.......

man.....i totally sang ur version of that song in my head...
Old 05-16-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

DIY CF roof:
-Prep roof same as you would for paint.
-Lay down a coat of black tinted resin on roof.
-When still tacky, apply cf, trim as necessary.
-Apply clear resin over top of cf, to build it up.
-When all is dried 100 percent, block sand flat with multiple grits, and paint a clear coat over the resin, your done!
-Rinse, lather, repeat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Latest and Greatest Mod Underway...One of a kind em2