Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

summer upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JamesI52 is an unknown quantity at this point
summer upgrades

So I finally got my rims,tires and coil-overs I washed my car but of course it rained on the way home from the car wash so its a bit dirty in the pics. I have to cut the rear lip so it will fit with my muffler tip so its not on right now.

Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: summer upgrades

i like the rims and the drop looks good but the tailights imo should be removed and destroyed...
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

Yeah remove those tails
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

they are the stock tails ..... it was the special edition or whatever I was wondering if I could some how black them out or something as I have no money left to do anything about them
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough

Stock??

:?

I dont know about that.. But other than the tails, I really like your car. Wheels and the drop is nice!
Old 05-12-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JamesI52
they are the stock tails ..... it was the special edition or whatever I was wondering if I could some how black them out or something as I have no money left to do anything about them
Stock in the country RiceLand
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
Stock in the country RiceLand

lol they really were .... well by stock i mean it came from the dealership with those tails,si rims, lipkit and interior accent things

ive never really liked the tail lights but I didn't really know what to do about them
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough

I would say use that tint film and smoke them out!! OR theres always a spray paint I think that you just spray over the tails themselves. Black cars look really aggresive with those B) I think that would be the cheapest solution, unless anyone wants to trade you yours for the real stock ones.
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

BTW would you sell those si rims?
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

I didn't realize tail lights were only 100-200 bucks .... what ones do you think I should get.. I was thinking some black ones ... although I dont' really want anything ricey (or its pointless to get rid of the ones I have now)

maybe these ones ? http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...171901FASV.jpg
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

im using the si rims as my winter rims they have gotten pretty dinged up over the years ... but still look really nice

I think ill try painting them and if i screw them up ill order new ones ... what do you think woudl be the best way? take them off open them up mask the lights and spray the inside?
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Ahhh its all good about the wheels.

I'm not sure. I'm not really familiar with blacking out the housings in the tailights like people do with their headlights. I just know of people using tint film/sprays on the outside of it that black them out. I actually plan on tinting mine on the weekend, not completely blacking them out, but making them a bit darker.

And also, those tails from nopi dont look bad at all. I didn't know tails ran for only 100-200 bucks either...
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Christafurrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice, we got the same rims. They're Enkei?
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

yeah the RS7 ... I need to get the center caps still

I took a better pic of the tail lights

its like chrome on the inside im not overly sure how well paint would stick to something like that

ill have to look into it a bit better
Old 05-12-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

In my opinion, JDM or JDM-style tails are the best (if not only) alternative to stock taillights on an ES1 because they look clean, but slightly different if you know what to look for.

But yes. Something needs to be done about those tails.

Old 05-12-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

everything was nice....but ur tails killed everything....

get some stock 03+ on, and ur ride will be awesome
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

i believe gearbox has those taillights you where thinking of getting, they look like a nice alternative to stock or jdm ones and not too ricey at all.

on a side note lol at your "pellet guns of doom" i like shooting at things too
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

like the led tails on the sedans. i think they would be a good upgrade
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

lol the other albums are from when i was like 15 and a hardcore video game player I forgot i had that account until i needed to host these pics
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

yeah I think i might just get those red tails .... I dont' know how those euro tails would look smoked or painted black
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i like the ones you posted as well. the car definitely looks good, nice clean drop and wheels. as long as you didn't buy the tails and put them on there then i guess it is okay you still have them on...

what else are you planning to do to your car in the future?
Old 05-12-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

nice car! except the tails. but stock ones go for $100 shipped or less on here. watch the forsale forum.
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Drop and rims look great! Smash the hell out of those tails and buy some new ones, please!

Wagner
Old 05-14-2008
Registered!!

SilverCivic504 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope u dont get ban for those tails
Old 05-14-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SilverCivic504
hope u dont get ban for those tails
.... lol not only did that not make sense, it wasn't even funny. If your going to make fun of me, at-least make it humorous.

but update.....the paint is coming in on thursday so they should be blacked out by the weekend ill put up new pics after that

Last edited by JamesI52; 05-14-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I like the enkei wheels. Black paint on bronze wheels are nice. I might do something like that...I donno....ARGH! FORGET IT! I HATE CARS!!!!.......eh whatever, I changed my mind. Nice Sedan.
Old 05-26-2008
Registered!!

so I finally got time to smoke my tail lights.... I think it looks much better

sorry the pics are kinda bad

I have another question

my car is pretty low and i have wider tires (205) its usually just me driving and its fine but when I have people in the back the tire hits the little flare thing in the pic ... Im either going to raise it up about .5 of an inch or i was thinking of maybe bending that flare up so it doesn't hit any advice

what do you guys think of raising the back and leaving the front down .. would it look lame?
Old 05-26-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

I didn't realize tail lights were only 100-200 bucks .... what ones do you think I should get.. I was thinking some black ones ... although I dont' really want anything ricey (or its pointless to get rid of the ones I have now)

maybe these ones ? http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...171901FASV.jpg
didnt bother to read ahead....but check out the password jdm sedan tails, those are HOT and back in stock. 300 ish though. If I dont re tint mine I am def putting those on....heres my car as it stands as of this weekend for reference.

That is using spray on tint on 03 tails I beleive.

I might switch to the password JDM tails or redo the blackout.
Old 05-26-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

so I finally got time to smoke my tail lights.... I think it looks much better

sorry the pics are kinda bad

I have another question

my car is pretty low and i have wider tires (205) its usually just me driving and its fine but when I have people in the back the tire hits the little flare thing in the pic ... Im either going to raise it up about .5 of an inch or i was thinking of maybe bending that flare up so it doesn't hit any advice

what do you guys think of raising the back and leaving the front down .. would it look lame?

now that I made my post and saw your newer post I love the tint job. Comes out much better on a clear plastic as opposed to mine on a red colored plastic lense. Post a pic with the lights on!
Old 05-27-2008
Registered!!

heres a pic of them lit up

they are a bit harder to see during the day but there is a light on my spoiler that lights up when i brake which might help.... I hope no one rear ends me

and I looked up my fender prob and I think ill just get them rolled and raise the back up about .25 inches to try and counter how much it drops when people get in..... the shop that put them in said they would raise and lower it as much as i wanted for free until i was happy so might as well give it a shot

Quick Reply: summer upgrades