Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

A few pictures..4/27

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
A few pictures..4/27

Well I've recently installed 4300K HIDs in the stock OEM housing. Yeah I know a whole lot of glare maybe down the road I'll get a retrofit done. Here are some pictures.

Old 04-27-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A few pictures..4/27

Nice! I think I'd like to get HID's soon too. What type of color/whiteness/brightness are yours?
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

looks good. i have been meaning to pick up some HIDs for a while, but haven't gotten around to ordering them.
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

edrulz2003 will become famous soon enough

look good man...just watch out for the head on collisions from the blinded drivers...lol
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

sk8erelemnts will become famous soon enough

i have 6k on mine and i haven't had anyone flash me for my lights. the road to my house is a two lane freeway also. im looking to get the bi xenon bulbs though, so i can have both high and low beams.

looks good though ciVictoria... your the first person ive seen getting 4300k. how are you liking them?
Old 04-28-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Very nice, and bright
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Eyger
Nice! I think I'd like to get HID's soon too. What type of color/whiteness/brightness are yours?
Thanks, yeah HIDs are a great mod def makes your car look different. The color is white with a hint of yellow. The lower the K's the more yellow it is the higher you go the more blue it gets. Most people get the 6000K because it is still white but with a slight hint of blue. Also I wouldn't recommend getting anything higher than 6000K because visibility decreases.

Originally Posted by edrulz2003
look good man...just watch out for the head on collisions from the blinded drivers...lol
haha i'll try to swerve out from them

Originally Posted by sk8erelemnts
looks good though ciVictoria... your the first person ive seen getting 4300k. how are you liking them?
I love them gives my car a nicer look. I figured everyone around here has that extreme blue or other weird colors like purple or green so I might as well keep it clean as possible. 6000K looks great my friend has it on his fogs looks very clean.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 04-28-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Droppidy Drop Drop.

(You need to lower your car.)

But it looks good.
Old 04-28-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

uhh oh....glare
Old 04-28-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

nice! but the only part of those HIDs youll be able to use in a retro fit are the ballast. the bubls will need a different base. im thinkin about gettin some too tho
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough

Siiiick!
Old 04-28-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

they look good but sometimes i wonder about hids. I mean ya they're real nice and they're insanely bright but and im prepared to get flamed for this one i got nokya 7000k bulbs for $20 and they're really bright and they're almost pure blue with DRL white with hint of blue on lowbeams and pure white with high beams. I honestly don't know how much more of a diff hids would make. I always wanted to get some hids but nwo that i got these nokya bulbs im wondering if that could be money spent better somewhere else...any thoughts?
Old 04-28-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jamis33
they look good but sometimes i wonder about hids. I mean ya they're real nice and they're insanely bright but and im prepared to get flamed for this one i got nokya 7000k bulbs for $20 and they're really bright and they're almost pure blue with DRL white with hint of blue on lowbeams and pure white with high beams. I honestly don't know how much more of a diff hids would make. I always wanted to get some hids but nwo that i got these nokya bulbs im wondering if that could be money spent better somewhere else...any thoughts?
If you want something that looks clean but different, there's always the option of doing a retrofit.
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

retrofits are always a good thing
Old 04-28-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

eh to be honest, hid kit in stock housing wasnt all that great. i mean i could see well enough and nobody flashed me, but it was very narrow and not much brighter than halogen. and people need to stop this whole glare thing. i get blinded more every night by halogen lights that are shooting in the sky or aimed too high than by properly aimed hid kits. get over it, its not like you have to deal with it longer than a minute anyway. i get flashed with my retrofit too going over hills because people are too stupid to realize that if my car is angled up 20 degrees, so are the headlights

Last edited by gearbox; 04-28-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

its because of those 50 watt bulbs gear..lol.
Old 04-30-2008
Registered!!

nicokpe is an unknown quantity at this point

very good
Old 04-30-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
its because of those 50 watt bulbs gear..lol.
nah, i could stare at em for 5-10 secs without even getting blinded. they look less bright than alot of halogen hi beams i see, prolly cause the light is more spread out in any given angle from the hids.
Old 04-30-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

whenever I go NY my eyes are so tired after looking at all different colors of headlights you can imagine...even regular halogen SUV's blind me...

I simply hope I don't see you driving towards me....I want to see where I am going...
Old 04-30-2008
Registered!!

Tdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the rough

Looks nice. Where did you get your kit and how much?
Old 04-30-2008
Registered!!

Got my HID kit from Bestdubs, they are located in Queens Blvd here in NY. They also have a website http://www.bestdubs.com. I paid $95 for the HID Kit + $15 for the additional relay kit.
Old 04-30-2008
Premium Member

good price
Old 04-30-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
eh to be honest, hid kit in stock housing wasnt all that great. i mean i could see well enough and nobody flashed me, but it was very narrow and not much brighter than halogen. and people need to stop this whole glare thing. i get blinded more every night by halogen lights that are shooting in the sky or aimed too high than by properly aimed hid kits. get over it, its not like you have to deal with it longer than a minute anyway. i get flashed with my retrofit too going over hills because people are too stupid to realize that if my car is angled up 20 degrees, so are the headlights
couldn't have said it better. there are plenty of cars out there that come stock with HIDs that aren't aimed right that blind the **** out of me. i have old TL bulbs with adapters from HIDexpert in my stock housing, and it's not bad at all. i have them aimed super low and i have awesome visibility, and no flashes.