Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

***NEED A CARFAX...Help!***

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaylene777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation ***NEED A CARFAX...Help!***

Hey,

I had a '95 Honda civic EX and got rear-ended on the 101 freeway, which totaled my car, so I am looking at getting a blue 2000 Honda Civic Si. I want to do a CARFAX on it and was wondering if any of you work at or know someone who works at a dealership who could get me a free CARFAX report with their membership. I have the VIN # if anyone can.

Thank you and I really appreciate it,
Shaylene777
Old 04-23-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ***NEED A CARFAX...Help!***

Ah the 101. I used to live down south, I remember the traffic.... although now I can only drive 30 around town, which kinda sucks, but whatever, not as much traffic.
Old 04-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest, carfax wont tell you a thing about the car. get it checked out at a shop you trust and look over it yourself too. accident damage and other problems are easy to spot.
Old 04-24-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^^ i have seen some carfax reports. they actually tell alot about the car if the owner takes the car to shops often... but if the owner does everything himself carfax wouldnt know a thing about it. if its from a private seller ask him if he works on the car himself or takes it to the shop etc.

my suggestions for buying a used car is to bring a magnet and a microfiber cloth to make sure there is no bondo/body damage. put the cloth on the car and the magnet on top of it and run the magnet everywhere. anywhere the magnet doesnt stick; there is body damage/bondo. check all the fluids in the car. if all the fluids arent up to par that means the owner probably didnt maintain it well. also check for blow-by. blow by is a good predictor of future engine problems. you can check blow by by removing the oil cap with the engine running. the air pulse coming out of the hole should be a soft/mediocre and constant flow of air. if the air blows out hard and sort of pulsates, that means the engine was poorly maintained or beaten on [in most cases].

Last edited by civicsrcool; 04-24-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
to be honest, carfax wont tell you a thing about the car. get it checked out at a shop you trust and look over it yourself too. accident damage and other problems are easy to spot.
i agree... i believe you should get both carfax and have a mechanic check out the car. buddy of mine bought an accord recently which had a clean car fax, but after he took it to the mechanic we found out it has been in an accident before and was repaired poorly
Old 04-25-2008
Registered!!

Shaylene777 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not too concerned with this car because the owner is so freakin' meticulous with everything about his car. However, I may never know if there was a previous owner, and if there was if it had been in a wreck before. Its just good to know. Also, thanks for the info civicsrcool. I will check the stuff out that you said.

~Shay

Last edited by Shaylene777; 04-25-2008 at 06:50 PM.