Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pimp my Ride... HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dryft will become famous soon enough
Re: Pimp my Ride... HELP!!!

i hate reading books, especially if there's a movie for it
Old 04-16-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Wow you guys are jackasses. (some, not all) Well, if this post is real, here's my input.

A, ignore people that say bodykits are gay/useless. If you want one, have one.

B, Paint your color something that will match your personality, you'll enjoy it more if you do. Make it a color you enjoy looking at, cuz you're the one that's going to have to look at it all the time.

C, If you're shooting for a 'different' color, read this article:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto.../412/white-hot

It's a yahoo article on the most popular colors with information gathered from Dupont. White being the first most popular, then silver and black.

My personal feelings: The neon colors, the bright stuff, and the solid colors seem very ordinary to me. I'm looking for a pearl or a metallic for my own car.
Old 04-16-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

You guys are brutal. . lol

Seriously though each to his own. I went through my rice stage when I first got my car. All that crap has since left my car and been thrown away, but that's another story.

There are some decent kits out there. I like the OEM one, but it's not a priority for me right now.

Anyways. Get some pics up dude. Anything darker colored with CF looks nice IMO. Dark blue, or Black.
Old 04-16-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, they say everyone goes through a ricer stage they regret.

However, thanks to 7thgencivic.com, I completely skipped mine. I try to pass on that same favor to newer members, and I get told I'm flaming. Eh.
Old 04-17-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

I didn't have money to go through a ricer stage. I havnt been through any stages.. so I can say much.. but I know what I like..

I usually dont flame on someone for having a bodykit or neons or something unless its SERIOUSLY ugly looking..

With that said.. I think this thread is finished.
Old 04-17-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eyger
Wow you guys are jackasses. (some, not all) Well, if this post is real, here's my input.

A, ignore people that say bodykits are gay/useless. If you want one, have one.

B, Paint your color something that will match your personality, you'll enjoy it more if you do. Make it a color you enjoy looking at, cuz you're the one that's going to have to look at it all the time.

C, If you're shooting for a 'different' color, read this article:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto.../412/white-hot

It's a yahoo article on the most popular colors with information gathered from Dupont. White being the first most popular, then silver and black.

My personal feelings: The neon colors, the bright stuff, and the solid colors seem very ordinary to me. I'm looking for a pearl or a metallic for my own car.
I went through the entire thread and couldn't find anyone saying bodykits are gay or useless. The only thing close was when I said that putting a bodykit on a car is not tuning it. Tuning means to improve performance. You can tune an engine, tune suspension, but you can't tune anything with a body kit. Its for aesthetics only. Not that it's gay, I have a lip kit on my car... But to spend 3k+ on a paint job and still have a slow *** 17 second car makes absolutely no sense to me. You can't do anything with a paint job except look at it when you aren't driving, as opposed to a turbo setup, you can enjoy that every time you drive the car. That's just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt.

And I'm sorry but you have to admit that titling a thread "Pimp my Ride" and being serious about it is pretty cliche and gay...

Last edited by andyman97; 04-17-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-17-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyman97
I went through the entire thread and couldn't find anyone saying bodykits are gay or useless. The only thing close was when I said that putting a bodykit on a car is not tuning it. Tuning means to improve performance. You can tune an engine, tune suspension, but you can't tune anything with a body kit. Its for aesthetics only. Not that it's gay, I have a lip kit on my car... But to spend 3k+ on a paint job and still have a slow *** 17 second car makes absolutely no sense to me. You can't do anything with a paint job except look at it when you aren't driving, as opposed to a turbo setup, you can enjoy that every time you drive the car. That's just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt.

And I'm sorry but you have to admit that titling a thread "Pimp my Ride" and being serious about it is pretty cliche and gay...
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
GTFO ricer and go post on HT
I def 'd
Old 04-17-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
if he likes it i guess its cool. but yno what i always wondered? i always stare at ricers cars and just laugh at them in the inside. i wonder if when the ricer sees me lookin at him if he thinks im checkin out his ride cuz its hella 'tuned'/souped up. lol
i have always wondered the same thing
Old 04-17-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

^I know the answer to that question as it pertains to me. They know because I'm laughing at them and giving them the thumbs down
Old 04-17-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

yeah i always try and make a point to laugh and shake my head noticebly
Old 04-18-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyman97
I went through the entire thread and couldn't find anyone saying bodykits are gay or useless. The only thing close was when I said that putting a bodykit on a car is not tuning it. Tuning means to improve performance.......but you can't tune anything with a body kit. Its for aesthetics only. Not that it's gay, I have a lip kit on my car... But to spend 3k+ on a paint job and still have a slow *** 17 second car makes absolutely no sense to me.....

I never claimed that someone called them gay or useless, I just told the OP to ignore people that do.

I agree with the 3k paint job and a slow car, doesn't make sense to me either. I think most of the fastest cars out there just have a solid color paint
job. no big crazy paint job.

I also disagree with your thoughts on not being able to tune a car with a body kit. Going by your definition of tuning, to increase perfomance; I would argue that you can increase a cars performance by changing the aerodynamics. I read an article back in june of 2005 written by Ben Schaffer, who writes for modified magazine in a column called "The real JDM" about the usage of body kits, primarily JDM kits. The article talks about how performance is sacrificed when mixing and matching parts rather then using the full kit as the engineers intended it to be. What's relevant is, later in the article he refers to the fact that the Japanese publications RevSpeed and HyperRev "....Offers hard facts to convey the effectiveness of various Japanese Aero parts." He also cites an example that C-west's FD3s RX-7 is well documented in HyperRev's Volume 91, and that this particular volume provides detailed documentation of wind tunnel testing on the C-west N1 Spec Aero parts. The testing concluded a 13.62 increase in downforce as well as a 131.17 percent decrease in lift, compared to a stock bodied car. They also tested the same car on the Tsukuba circuit, which shaved 1.94 seconds off the lap time with the kit as opposed to the lap with stock panels. The article has more information, and also talks about an S2000 that reduced it's lap time by 1.34 seconds by using a set of CF canards.

You can find the direct link to the PDF file here:
http://www.therealjdm.com/archives/TheRealJDM03.pdf
and the full site here:
http://www.therealjdm.com/

In reviewing this data. I come to the conclusion that the cars with certain aero parts, out-performed the cars without certain aero parts, thus increasing performance, and ultimately tuning the car's performance.

I know were just talking about a civic here, and maybe none of this has anything to do with our cars, but I still believe you can tune a car by adding a body kit, (if you get the right one of course, and have the right car.)

Oh yeah and lastly, I agree with you saying that the title of this thread is gay and cliche!

Last edited by Eyger; 04-18-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2008
Turbo Guru

^You said it, and I figured someone was going to say, "adding a bodykit can help performance with aerodynamics." In some circumstances, yes, but I was referring in general to our cars. And they're only really going to help with drag at higher speeds and more powerful cars. Notice they talk about rx7's in there, not otherwise stock civics.
Old 04-19-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

just lock this thread, it was intended as a joke, OP hasnt posted in it since
Old 04-19-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Second that motion. Carry to vote?
Old 04-19-2008
A long winded 7th genr

I believe regardless the power of the vehicle, you can increase performance, and decrease lap times with the right aerodynamics, aeroparts, body kits, etc. The article I posted also mentions the ING's +1 sponsored DC5 that competed in Super Takiyu, and how it wears a full body kit to minimize lap times. The DC5 isn't all that much different from our 7th gen civics. Sure they're different cars with different engines, but we're not talking about a difference like between a Ferrari and a geo metro. If the DC5 can reduce lap times by sporting a kit, so can a Civic. Sure you wouldn't utilize it's potential on a regular daily basis, but it's still there. I don't believe you have to drive an Rx7 to benefit from a body kit.

Last edited by Eyger; 04-19-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

Nadaboh
Old 04-19-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

ok wow what a thread those guys are clowns
Old 04-19-2008
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

bodykits are teh gay and so 10 years ago. get into now people its all about the lip kit. otherwise its gay.
Old 04-19-2008

Wow. Now that's a convincing logical argument.
Old 04-19-2008
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

i know right? lol