Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

pioneer avic-d3 install question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point
pioneer avic-d3 install question

I currently have an Apline cd deck installed. Do I need a new wiring harness in order to install the d3? Best Buy said it's not recommended to use the old Apline harness on the d3, but I want to double check before I buy the cable on Monday.
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Re: pioneer avic-d3 install question

The after market wire harness will be universal. You don't need a new one. They may have thought you meant the harness that plugs into the Alpine unit, not the one that plugs into the factory wiring.
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point

good. nice and quick answer too. thanks.

i'll post pix after install.
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

you cant use any harness on the d3 because its a mobile radio.... you gotta get a new one and strip the wirings and connect that to the D3..... I had d3 in my car.... its sweet, but get used to not using CD's anymore just put everything on ur ipod...if u want the bypass for it hit me up!
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

He already has an after market H/U. Unless he cut his factory harness, he should have the adapter harness for his car. That's all he needs. I just installed my D3 about three weeks ago, bypassed and all. There isn't a "special harness" made for the D3. Go here to learn anything, and everything you can do with the D3. Bypass, wallpapers, NAVI disc, ect....

Last edited by SEN_ONE; 04-04-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

noo i know that.... all u need is the aftermarket harness and strip the harness off...