pioneer avic-d3 install question - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2008   #1  
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point
pioneer avic-d3 install question

I currently have an Apline cd deck installed. Do I need a new wiring harness in order to install the d3? Best Buy said it's not recommended to use the old Apline harness on the d3, but I want to double check before I buy the cable on Monday.
yingjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #2  
CS-X3 Fresher than you

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Re: pioneer avic-d3 install question

The after market wire harness will be universal. You don't need a new one. They may have thought you meant the harness that plugs into the Alpine unit, not the one that plugs into the factory wiring.
SEN_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #3  
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point

good. nice and quick answer too. thanks.

i'll post pix after install.
yingjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #4  
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

you cant use any harness on the d3 because its a mobile radio.... you gotta get a new one and strip the wirings and connect that to the D3..... I had d3 in my car.... its sweet, but get used to not using CD's anymore just put everything on ur ipod...if u want the bypass for it hit me up!
SSMCivic2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #5  
CS-X3 Fresher than you

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

He already has an after market H/U. Unless he cut his factory harness, he should have the adapter harness for his car. That's all he needs. I just installed my D3 about three weeks ago, bypassed and all. There isn't a "special harness" made for the D3. Go here to learn anything, and everything you can do with the D3. Bypass, wallpapers, NAVI disc, ect....

Last edited by SEN_ONE; 04-04-2008 at 04:26 PM.
SEN_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #6  
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

noo i know that.... all u need is the aftermarket harness and strip the harness off...
SSMCivic2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
06, avic, avicd3, civic, d3, deck, forum, harness, honda, install, mesh, pioneer, tmobile, wing, wire, wiring, ype