Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Tan to Black Interior!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4drcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tan to Black Interior!!!

wow
wanna do mine? lol its so clean
Old 04-03-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

nice
Old 04-03-2008
Registered!!

twiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nice

fing good **** nice work
Old 04-03-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

very very sweeeeeeeeeet
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about

thanks alot, ive been wanting black interior for so long and finally found the best product and made it happen!

I added a like in the first post to a DIY i made on 7thgenhonda if anyone wants to know all the steps i did to do this!
Old 04-04-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Man that's nice. I wish I had the patience, time, and equipment to do that. My charcoal grey whatever is looking pretty faded these days from the sun.

Well, what kind of sprayer did you use? Maybe I'll do this, what is time? What is money? LOL
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about

Well all i know about the sprayer is that we used 2 different guns, the little one in the pics and a big one, sorry but i dont know any brands or names.

It took us all day to do mine because they were busy at the body shop painting cars so i had to wait to spray my stuff. But could prolly be done in half a day if they were not as busy.

It only cost me $190 to do this. $45x2 for the 2 quarts of dye and $100 to use the shop and materials.
Old 04-04-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Plus the cost of the prep stuff and cleaner right?

Were they sprayers for car paint?
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

The $100 for using materials and the shop coverd everything i needed except the dye i had to buy. so yeah i got one hell of a deal, but it was my friends shop so he hooked me up!

Yeah the guns we used are car paint guns!
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

so bout how deep does this stuff dye the plastic? i really wanna convert mine to black interior too, but i'm worried about like nicking it or something and having a nasty tan scratch and having to keep redoing it. have you noticed anything like that? is the black durable like oem or is it gonna scratch off when you accidentally drop a tool or whack it or something?
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

^ not sure how deep it goes, the makers product says it should dye the material so that doesnt happen. You could always clear it to prevent that from happening if it doesnt dye all the way.
Old 04-04-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
but that stuff takes a back seat til i change out the headgasket i think i blew the day before I came to Arizona.
Dood, you here now?
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

bump for a white coupe with black interior!
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rufus
Dood, you here now?
yeah, just south of Tucson. i got an HHR for a rental. I miss my civic
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

EM2Brande is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for saying by ******* LMAO
Old 04-04-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

lol @ ^...it's only temporary. i'll be back to Fayettenam in May
Old 04-04-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

If only you were in Phoenix...
Old 04-05-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

Formulated to match, restore or change color on most vinyl surfaces, flexible and rigid plastics, carpet and velour. COLOR COAT is fade resistant, flexible and is a permanent coating. COLOR COAT is not a dye.Package: (1) gallon, (3) aerosol, (4) quart and (6) cone top quart.

http://semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?cat=36

is this the stuff?

Last edited by army12bc; 04-05-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: link
Old 04-05-2008
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

shiii looks hotness! looks like my interior! also you have the pillar wrapped in swuede too??? how much is that? ill buy it off of u
Old 04-05-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

DAMN that shyt looks tyte as hell!!!! hopefully soon i'll be able to convert mine from grey to black!!
Old 04-05-2008
Registered!!

LatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks awesome man!
Old 04-07-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by army12bc
Formulated to match, restore or change color on most vinyl surfaces, flexible and rigid plastics, carpet and velour. COLOR COAT is fade resistant, flexible and is a permanent coating. COLOR COAT is not a dye.Package: (1) gallon, (3) aerosol, (4) quart and (6) cone top quart.

http://semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?cat=36

is this the stuff?

i didnt use the package but thats the right stuff. i thought it was a dye but i guess i was wrong.
Old 04-07-2008
Registered!!

thanks for the comments!
Old 07-15-2008
Registered!!

Talking Re: Tan to Black Interior!!!

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the pics arent that great but i just had to get some up of it being finished. ill get better pics later!

Got my red carpet in, black floor mats, all black back seat and ne ebrake!

Also got me a set of window visors.
Old 07-15-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Looks really nice. I like that shifter. Is that just the stock rod? I thought it was bent a little.

You need to upholster those back seats, too. I vote black.
Old 07-15-2008
Registered!!

thanks, the shifter is bent but its right at the bottom of what you can see so you cant really tell from the pic!

The back seat is a black 01-02 seat, ima have my tan 03 seat wrapped sometime soon!
Old 07-15-2008
Premium Member

The original pics looked like real dye, the recent pics make it look reflective like a gloss paint. How does it really look?
Old 07-15-2008
Registered!!

a little of both! the newer picks have some clear on it since the old pics, the clear should help protect it and keep it black and not just flake off. But they are glossy because of cleaning them for the show! So after a few more whip downs and the clearner comes off it wont be as glossy!
Old 07-16-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it but the door seems a bit too shiny
Old 07-16-2008
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

where did you get the carpet??? i like your look alot!

Quick Reply: Tan to Black Interior!!!