Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Civic 02 Advice for a complete newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
akatsukii is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 02 Advice for a complete newbie.

Hi there,
I live in the Uk and own a Honda Civic 2003 Executive.

It is a hatchback car similar to the SI in the US, but it has 5 doors instead of 3.
I have recently been looking on ebay.com (US Site) for halo projector headlights.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...spagenameZWDVW made for the SI model.

I was wondering if anyone knows if these would fit my car?

Also my car's stock headlights are a pair of H4's. The same bulb is used for both high beam and dipped beam. correct me if im wrong but these halo units seem to have seperate H3 and H1 bulbs for high and dipped beams. How will i be able to use them if my car currently uses H4? some kind of conversion or changing the harness?
And would an aftermarket HID kit be able to be fitted into this projector headlight unit without damaging it?

Thanks in advance for any help/feedback.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough
Re: Civic 02 Advice for a complete newbie.

wow. never seen that model civic before. kinda crazy!
Old 03-15-2008
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm
wow. never seen that model civic before. kinda crazy!
crazyness!!! never seen that model before...somewhat reminds me of a ford focus from the sideview...
Old 03-15-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool. It's a four door SI!

anywho, I think it'll fit. Honda just uses several of the same parts for most of it's cars. You could probably get a definitive answer if you find the part numbers for the OEM civic SI headlights and your executive, if they are the same part number, then you'll know that the aftermarket headlights fit too.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

I noticed that you drive on the other side of the road.
US model headlights fit but the beam pattern would shine in the opposite direction so I wouldn't recommend putting them on your car.
And yes, the headlights should come with an adapter harness so all you do is plug in your H4 plugs into the adapter.

HID kits can fit into your headlight housing and more than likely it shouldn't damage anything.
Best solution is to find yourself a pair of Type R projector HID headlight housings.

To the previous posts...
...its not really a 5 door SI since it's not offered in that trim level...I believe it came with a choice of our D series and possibly a diesel.

Last edited by LiKEaFeRiO; 03-15-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ur light output will dramatically decrease if u get those projector pieces of crap.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

what motor is under there akatsuki?
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

its probably a diesel. Looks like a smaller odessey to me.

it should fit, but others are right. There going to be shining in the wrong direction and blind incoming traffic.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

I noticed that you drive on the other side of the road.
US model headlights fit but the beam pattern would shine in the opposite direction so I wouldn't recommend putting them on your car.
I never thought of that, but my local garage might be able to align them?
And yes, the headlights should come with an adapter harness so all you do is plug in your H4 plugs into the adapter.

HID kits can fit into your headlight housing and more than likely it shouldn't damage anything.
I read somewhere that the aftermarket hid kit bulbs may sit too close to the projector lense in this halogen housing which could melt it. any truth to this?
Best solution is to find yourself a pair of Type R projector HID headlight housings.
I've tried looking for that type r hid housing, and can't seem to find it anywhere
To the previous posts...
...its not really a 5 door SI since it's not offered in that trim level...I believe it came with a choice of our D series and possibly a diesel.
yes it does come in a diesel. Your version of the SI is known as the Civic Sport over here.

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao
what motor is under there akatsuki?
i assume you mean the engine ông bánh bao? its a 1.6 v-tec.

the 5 door hatchback models in uk come in 1.4 petrol, and 1.7 diesel engines.
the executive model comes in a 1.6 petrol.
the civic sport (SI) comes in a 1.6 1.8 petrol and a 2.2 diesel
and type-r is 2.0 ivtec

Last edited by akatsukii; 03-15-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can get clear sidemarkers instead of orange
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

Your headlight's output looks like this \__ \__
Ours looks like this __/ __/

Maybe you could take apart the projectors and flip the shield (I doubt it though).

Can't you order the CTR lights from the dealer?
Old 03-15-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO

Maybe you could take apart the projectors and flip the shield (I doubt it though).
on most projectors, you cant do it.
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the advice so far.
I spoke to somebody who has the same headlight unit. It is true that his light output was decreased, but i was told that if i put a hid kit in there the output would be alot better.
Also i went to have a look at his headlight unit, and it had screws on the back to correct the beam pattern.

So.. i decided to invest in a set of headlights together with a HID kit.
I installed it this morning and was quite disappointed with the light output of the halo rings. I wired them up to my side lights or 'daytime running lights' as you call them in the states. Is there anyway to increase their brightness by wiring it differently without modifying the headunit to replace the bulbs?

Also i have another problem,

As you can see, the original H3 halogen bulb has 1 connecting wire whereas the HID bulb has 2 connecting wires.
The other cables coming out of the HID bulb all leads to the ballast.
My headlight unit only has 1 port into which i can plug a connecting wire... so where do i plug the 2 wires from the HID bulb?
Old 03-25-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

plug the red wire into the connecting wire. screw the other (black) into the chassis. it will be a ground.
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

just switch out the projector with some real lhd hid projectors. just do a search for hid retrofit.
Old 03-25-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

i've seen that type before, and though how fun it would be to have...everyone would be giving you a second look! You're probably the first on this forum with one!

Which engine does it have?
Old 03-26-2008
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

wow never seen a 4 door si like that lol
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

twiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nice

Si Mini Van Lol Jk
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

2003 executive sooooooooo...........thats the definition for EX lol wow