Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

guess my new mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
guess my new mod

okay so it might not be obvious from the pic, but i guess that was the whole point lol. i think it makes the rims alot cleaner. dont know why i never thought of it before.

Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: guess my new mod

something with the brakes?

and i like the side marker and emblem. works well.

Painted lugs?
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

LatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of light

I think its the black lug nuts?????
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i swapped out the chrome ones with the muteki black ones. its a shiny black and perfectly matches the rim. i need to paint my rotors and drums asap when it gets warm lol. rust is ugly.
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light

what color are you going to paint them. is it hard to?
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

yeah its hard lol. the wheels come off, then while its on jackstands, i gotta prep and paint them, and let it dry. i got some rust dissolver gel ima try out, then sand them down and alcohol them to make sure the finish will last. then the drums are getting spraypainted with black caliper paint. and the fronts, ima just paint that ring around the hub and part of the rotor black with a brush. thats gonna be the hardest i think cause well idk if i will even be able to with the caliper in the way, which i really dont wanna take off. but the rears are the worst, a lil rust up front is not gonna be that bad.
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

good black, flat black imo is best. to much attention to calipers is stupid i think. and damn thats a lot of work for what it does.
Old 03-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

the drums are easy as hell to paint...front on the other hand are a pain in the ***... especially if you take the calipers off. Don't do what I did and rush it.
Old 03-11-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by amexicancarguy
good black, flat black imo is best. to much attention to calipers is stupid i think. and damn thats a lot of work for what it does.
thats what i have. they look good. its simple n clean....

freak i hate it when they paint it red.....its soo freakign off...hahahha
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

lookin clean as usual... but i dont like muteki lug nuts... they get scratched easily and the adapter for the lug nuts tends to break.
Old 03-11-2008
I'm an idiot.

Shambler is an unknown quantity at this point

I was gonna guess that you lightened your gas door...
Old 03-11-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

awesome. I have a set of muteki lugs. Did you get the ones that are closed ended or open ended? I have the open ended ones and am not sure if i like them. I also have a set of chrome ones that imo look pretty good cuz my rims have a really deep lip on them. But the black definantly does look clean.
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

closed end. you can barely see em. the chrome ones i had for a year, the key is fine, and the nuts are in near perfect shape after being taken off at least 15 times by the shop trying to balance them and find out my bushings were torn finally. and muteki are 1/2 as heavy as other brands. pretty good to me...
Old 03-11-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

thief! you have my rims! Looks good with black lugs. I kinda prefer chrome ones.
Old 03-11-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

What the!?

Heh, jk.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lugs.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	73841  
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Black lugs look good, I'm going to actually put some blue lugs I have laying around here pretty soon and also paint my calipers and rear drum. For a minute I thought you were going to put LEDS in your wheels ;x jk.
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

heck yes tire leds ftw, sad thing is i still see those things driving around town.
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

Tokoyama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amexicancarguy
what color are you going to paint them. is it hard to?
painting calipers isn't actually that hard at all, i painted the calipers on my IS a few months ago, was pretty easy, theres lots of ways you can go about it, i chose to go with the brush on caliper paint. the only hard part is the prep work, and even then it's just hard work not necessarily hard. as long as you do the prep work properly and spend a lot of time and care on it, it'll turn out very nice
Old 03-11-2008
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

you shouldve got some Rays... looks nice tho!
Old 03-11-2008
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

dont paint your drums man
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

why not? they are totally rusted. and they came in black stock when they were new
Old 03-11-2008
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

do what i did man. wire brush them down to the metal and then clear coat em. they'll end up the same color as your rotors.
Old 03-11-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

^ not a bad idea
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

i thought clear coat cant take hi temps. any pics?
Old 03-11-2008
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light

VTEC emblems and painted drums. Wow...

I laugh my *** off when I see painted drums.

I predict metal park bench wing inside of 12 months.
Old 03-11-2008
Premium Member

you ever have anything useful to say? i didnt think so.
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

lol what a retard
Old 03-12-2008
< My future wife.

let me dig some up man. they look nice.
Old 03-12-2008
< My future wife.

I honestly think it looks a lot cleaner than a uniform color flat black paint job or anything else. Plus it contrasts better with the rim spokes since the drum is not actually black, but a gunmetal color. Lastly, the colorscheme ties in better with the rotors up front. I did however paint my calipers up front black. No problems with heat yet.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1117.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	73848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1118.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	73849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	73850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	73851   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1152.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	73852  

Last edited by armieo; 03-12-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2008
Premium Member

thanks looks good

Quick Reply: guess my new mod