Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My A3 Swap.... (Easter update page 3)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
My A3 Swap.... (Easter update page 3)

Time to pimp zie auto

Its still in paper, it was hot off the truck, like less than an hour, I just couldnt help myself but to go check it out. All the stuff is coming off tonight, I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Obviously better pics at that point, all I had with me was my iPhone.

Its been unwrapped.... see page 2

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dust is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: On the 10th Day of Christmas, I got for myself....

really nice i have my eye on these for a while. u still have the civic?
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

looking good boiler!!! pmed u
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

notice how much care luxury cars put into shipping their vechicles. hondas only come with plastic covering the front bumper...
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

ask him if you can keep the cloth wrapper. i want to wrap it around my civic to make it seem like an audi in the parking lot :P

and yes, he still has his rice bucket :P
Old 01-03-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

that cars gunna get jacked like some ish in SE DC. but verrry nicee car. lol are you rich? iPhone, (a now project) honda, and an Audi!??!
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweeeeet!
You finally got it, I was just about to pm you to see if it had come in yet.

Are those the special rims that you order for it? or is it just the regular stockers on there now? Can't really get a good look at them from the angle of the pic and my bad monitor. From what I can tell it looks nice though can't wait for more pics once it gets unwrapped tomorrow!
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
notice how much care luxury cars put into shipping their vechicles. hondas only come with plastic covering the front bumper...
Yeah but his car is coming from Europe vs. our civics are coming from Ohio so what would you expect lol!
Old 01-03-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Sweeeeet!
You finally got it, I was just about to pm you to see if it had come in yet.

Are those the special rims that you order for it? or is it just the regular stockers on there now? Can't really get a good look at them from the angle of the pic and my bad monitor. From what I can tell it looks nice though can't wait for more pics once it gets unwrapped tomorrow!
The wheels are the factory wheels that come with the S-line package. Its was really hard to see or make out anything, the whole thing is covered, inside and out.... the color is rare and special order only, so no one really knows what the car is going to look like, even the dealer.... the only other cars that color is available on is the S4 and RS4.

Basic rundown....
Its a 2008, 13 miles on it
Sprint Blue Pearl
Black/Platinum Grey interior
2.0T FSI (200 HP, 207 TQ)
6 speed manual
S-line package (wheels, seats, bumpers, fogs, trim, spoiler, sports suspension)
Adaptive Bi-xenons
Convenience package (auto lights and wipers, dimming mirror w/ built in compass, ehhh..... it was a required add on for the lights)
Built in Ipod socket

Originally Posted by dust
really nice i have my eye on these for a while. u still have the civic?

I still have it. Its paid off and the insurance is peanuts a month.... there isnt really a reason to get rid of it, so now its just a toy... well its been a toy for a while, but now I dont have to drive it every day.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-03-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2008
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

In for more pics. Nice car.
Old 01-04-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Hope your Audi venture goes better than mine did.. I had an Audi 90 back in the day, and it was a peice of junk.. had to replace the entire radiator, tranny, suspension, and had to junk it when the motor began burning oil like nobody's business.. I hear they make them w/ better quality these days, so good luck with it, and from what I see it looks nice
Old 01-04-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

So are you going to **** with this one too or just leave it stock? Sounds like a really nice ride. You get all the creature comforts in a small, nimble little package that should rock and roll when you get on it.
Old 01-04-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Now Clint, do you really, honestly think I can leave that thing STOCK????????? I'm not going to go ape **** on it, but lets put it this way.... ECU flash = 30 HP, 50 lb-ft and its $450.
Dont expect anything wild this time. Drop, wheels, chip, filter on a stick and *maybe* an exhaust if I find one thats quiet and sounds ok.... we'll see. For now.... very basic. By the end of the year if its dropped and on wheels, I'll call it a day, I still have a couple loose ends to tie up on the civic before track season.

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
Hope your Audi venture goes better than mine did.. I had an Audi 90 back in the day, and it was a peice of junk.. had to replace the entire radiator, tranny, suspension, and had to junk it when the motor began burning oil like nobody's business.. I hear they make them w/ better quality these days, so good luck with it, and from what I see it looks nice
The Mk5 based cars seem to be a step up. They have their issues, but the car has been out in the EU since 04.... by now most of the issues have been sorted out. I see a lot of 06s (first year in US) with issues, but by now, most of the bugs seem to have been sorted out. As long as its built well, I ought to be ok. Its German, I'm not expecting completely smooth sailing, I've got new batteries in my multimeter, and I gotta go find a set of triplesquare bits. Bring it on.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-04-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2008

Whew! A little of my faith in mankind has been restored Justin, Thanks! Plus 230/257 will dig quite nicely!
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

nice car! i love audis. but have fun with your electrical and good luck doing anything on it yourself
Old 01-04-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
The Mk5 based cars seem to be a step up. They have their issues, but the car has been out in the EU since 04.... by now most of the issues have been sorted out. I see a lot of 06s (first year in US) with issues, but by now, most of the bugs seem to have been sorted out. As long as its built well, I ought to be ok. Its German, I'm not expecting completely smooth sailing, I've got new batteries in my multimeter, and I gotta go find a set of triplesquare bits. Bring it on.
Nice, seems like you've done your research! I loved my 90 and was sad to see it go.. def a fun car, and was a TANK in the snow
Old 01-04-2008

^^^ (at the guy above Kevbotron, why don't I just quote....) You don't know Justin very well. Hell, I don't either, but the man built an engine in his closet.

Last edited by speedfoos; 01-04-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by speedfoos
^^^ (at the guy above Kevbotron, why don't I just quote....) You don't know Justin very well. Hell, I don't either, but the man built an engine in his closet.
thats impressive! im sure his mechanical inclination will help him loads with it. i hope hes good with wiring because as soon as one of his power windows stops rolling down hes going to have an electrical nightmare on his hands lol! "is it blue, to green, to red, to green, to blue, to black?" that was my mechanics favorite phrase when we tried to fix my power locks in my A4 Quattro in his shop lol.

Last edited by J Casanova; 01-04-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

given the right tools he could probably build the whole car in his closet! LoL!
Old 01-04-2008
I like my commute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Yahhh I know he did haha.. those were just my 2 cents on Audi's and my bad experience with them. That car I had was from 16 years ago, and I'm sure they're more quality now anways haha. It was a 5 banger too!
Old 01-04-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

A little bit better.... its awesome. Its smooth, its quiet, the seats are great... I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, but I'll keep updating throughout the weekend. So far, its great.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-04-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2008
Premium Member

satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough
Re: My A3 Swap.... (Unwrapped page 2)

good choice i love that car
Old 01-04-2008
Premium Member

satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough

if you don't mind me asking how much it run you
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

Mmmmmm It's Purtty.

It really Looks nice in that blue and that engine bay is so clean!
I like the rims on it too, Glad you didn't get that glass roof
can't wait for interior Pics. too bad you can't post that new car smell

P.S. any news on those valves
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the title of this thread; very misleading Justin. I was like wtf he swapped an A3 motor but you did literally lol.
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

oh i didnt know it was a four door! its cool kinda looks like the new impreza not quite a station wagon not quite a sedan lol.
Old 01-04-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

damn nice!!! thats 30k huh
Old 01-04-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

P.S. any news on those valves
I'll get em tomorrow.

Ok, back from an extended drive.... holy crap. take the civic, do a 180. Its so quiet and so smooth you dont even know its on. I forgot to shift a couple times, found myself doing 4K in 4th without even knowing it. Put quite a few miles on it tonight.... it was nice out. Just all this crap in it, and it all works... the headlights turn and it actually helps, the auto-dimming mirror works so well its annoying.
Still working it out, the clutch is different, it has 6th gear, which I sometimes forget it has, and seeing out of it is a lot different than the civic. Its been a while since I drove a 4 dr, you look left and all you see is pillar. With the window all the way at the back of the car its hard to judge distance behind. I'll get used to it.
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

nice pick up...good luck with it.
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i really like the a3; keep us updated with the progress on it and nice car.

Quick Reply: My A3 Swap.... (Easter update page 3)