my build thread - sspem2 - Page 4 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

my build thread - sspem2

Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Re: 02 em2 w/ k20, bride, takata, volk, arc, mugen = game over

Originally Posted by civicsrcool View Post
yeah that was pwnage lol. k24 isnt that expensive andy. already seen this guy on k20a.org that sells 'fully built' k24 short blocks with any compression you want for 2500 flat rate. awesome deal.
I hope that price stays that way until January when I start my Kswap!!!
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

check out k20a.org and look up member 'niko' i beleive. he said he would be doing it for a long timeeee. ranging from 8.8 compression to 13.7 compression :O !!!! he will also have heads and trannys available i think in the near future
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

yeah that was pwnage lol. k24 isnt that expensive andy. already seen this guy on k20a.org that sells 'fully built' k24 short blocks with any compression you want for 2500 flat rate. awesome deal.
Even so, that's still only a block. You will also a head and some other components from a k20 motor to even have it complete. After that you're then looking at getting mounts and other necessary items for the swap.

in the end, it'll still cost 9-10K for all of that.

i personally spent 9K on my swap (k20a2) and that didn't include a race header or cams yet.

the prices for k series has gone down A TADDDD bit, but still it's a lot.

no where even close to a B series.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

check out k20a.org and look up member 'niko' i beleive. he said he would be doing it for a long timeeee. ranging from 8.8 compression to 13.7 compression :O !!!! he will also have heads and trannys available i think in the near future

the guy you're talking about is NIKOS, so pretty close, but he won't be offering trannies in the future unless he's able to buy them new, which cost an arm and leg. he's not into used trannies
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Well k20 in my opinion is a great motor is you're not working on it. #1 reason I did not do swap is money. #2 reason is....has anyone ever worked on one in the car? Like cams, timing chain, headgaskets....etc....K series motor's are a bitch to work on!
We're doing two headgaskets...one on an accord & crv at the moment. Both k24's.....man are they a mothertrucker!!!!!

I'd never wanna tear one apart unless is was in my lap......no thank you...just my point of view...mechanic side.

My d17 was candy to do headgasket,tbelt,water pump, all seals............D17 is a cake walk compared to the k motors.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

well if you think about it you can piece together that 'fully built' short block for the same price as a regular k20a. the full k20a swap is 5k~ and from nikos the block is 2500, head for 1000, tranny for maybe around 1000 and kpro for 1000. thats 5500 for an assembled k24 w/ a2 head and a kpro for 5500.. when in the first place without nikos you could have only bought a stock k20a with stock everything and stock ecu. i still think thats a killer deal!
Old 05-07-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

You're saying 5500 out of the car. That doesn't take into account everything else that goes with it, sub frame, mount kit, wiring conversion harness, it adds up very quickly. I don't think you could realistically get a k20 in an em2 pulling enough power for 12's under 10k...
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

yeah but no matter what your gonna have to end up buying that stuff anyways. i was pointing out the fact that nikos deal on k20a.org is a very good deal
Old 05-07-2008
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about

new pics on first page. hate it or love it
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

How much did you pay for that Kswap in the end.
Old 05-07-2008
em2

Originally Posted by Maple50175 View Post
How much did you pay for that Kswap in the end.

i spent near $9g's
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

there are folks with kswaps who paid way under 9 grand for their complete swap. searching is the key...my friend has in 6 flat so far. and he's now lookin into building another block.
Old 05-08-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty View Post
there are folks with kswaps who paid way under 9 grand for their complete swap. searching is the key...my friend has in 6 flat so far. and he's now lookin into building another block.
Werd, I figured about 7k for a solid n/a build, swapped in and everything.
Old 05-08-2008
em2

Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
Werd, I figured about 7k for a solid n/a build, swapped in and everything.
reason why i spent so much was the kpro, bcrh, arc intake, custom clutch line, an fittings, an hoses, mounts and misc stuff like wire ties, coolant, oil. it adds up QUICK.
Old 05-12-2008
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by sspem2 View Post
reason why i spent so much was the kpro, bcrh, arc intake, custom clutch line, an fittings, an hoses, mounts and misc stuff like wire ties, coolant, oil. it adds up QUICK.
You're telling me. I just ended up spending $1500 for a turbo that was retail under $1175
How the **** did that happen?
Well, I got a bunch of extra options on it but yeah, about 300 worth just like that...
Old 05-16-2008
Registered!!

drink much?

honestly, i don't have a problem with you or anyone else, but some people take the things you say the wrong way. You come off as a little over confident, even when i was trying to help you on k20a.org on your swap, you come off as a little ignorant and you think you knew it all when it came to swapping the motor.

I don't know, maybe its driving with your hood off, that's like asking for your car to get jacked. You're car is nice, i like it, maybe not the color, but overall i like it. Swap and all.

Not sure who calls you a douche because i've never heard of that as of yet. It could also be your "charge for a ride" comment a while back. Some ppl might take that as the wrong way man, that comes off as too cocky.

To be honest, my swapped car isn't that fast man. I have the swap and to tell you the truth, it's not that great. I wish it could of been faster with the amount and money i've spent on it. I should have done teh k24/k20.

well back on topic since i don't care if you're cocky or not.

sooo....where's teh vids of the car in action with sound clips??

Last edited by D5cIvIc; 05-16-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2008
Registered!!

k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got a k-swap 7th gen as well....quick and fun to drive, but not something to talk **** to d-series guys about.....The k-series is a great Honda engine with lots of room for modifications, but you can't start talking smack to someone who has spent more time and engineering on his engine than you, especially when it started out with less hp, and now has 150 hpmore than you, in the same chasis. Just be grateful of what you have and be humble before you make yourself look any worse....just let it go!! Both gets set-ups get props from me, just know your place.
Old 05-17-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

I cant help but think that arc box is prone to be a big heat sink in a daily driver, for that much money they could make it from composite. From a fabricators standpoint, all the polishing in the world wont make it look any less like a boxy pile of crap. $750, what a shame.
Old 05-18-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

cleaned up the thread a little. please keep it civil. keep the thread on track and stop flaming everyone.

Last edited by Rennen; 05-18-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
cleaned up the thread a little. please keep it civil. keep the thread on track and stop flaming everyone.
shut the **** up before I ban you....oh wait, ****...nvm...back to topic

Rob's car > everyone else's car!
Old 05-18-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbclark1 View Post
shut the **** up before I ban you....oh wait, ****...nvm...back to topic

Rob's car > everyone else's car!
Old 05-18-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

shut the **** up before I ban you....oh wait, ****...nvm...back to topic.
Pahahahahahahahaha
Old 05-18-2008
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

....Rob's car > everyone else's car!
Whos Rob??? Must be a complete newb
Old 05-20-2008
em2

Re: 02 em2 w/ k20, bride, takata, volk, arc, mugen = a pos lol

funny that all i said was k > d and i never spoke of andys ride or build then everybody got on his nuts and bad mouthed me. i just sat back and lol. its old news. im past it and the internet comments never hurt me. i just find it amusing. even rennen pm me saying he never saw anything i said wrong. anyways all the haters i had this is for you

its been confirmed that honda tuning will be shooting my car within the next few weeks. ill post pics of the shoot when they do it.

some new pics from a show over the weekend

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic View Post
I cant help but think that arc box is prone to be a big heat sink in a daily driver, for that much money they could make it from composite. From a fabricators standpoint, all the polishing in the world wont make it look any less like a boxy pile of crap. $750, what a shame.

car isnt daily driven. no ac and no ps in florida, cant do it.

Last edited by sspem2; 05-20-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^but when you DO drive it...do u drive it hoodless?
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

which immature mod changed the title of this thread?
and why would he drive it hoodless, ahah it was just for the sake of taking a picture showing the k motor in there
Old 05-21-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I appreciate what you've done with this car, but when you get down to it, it comes off as a waste. You can't daily drive it because you've made it unlivable (no PS or AC). So it sits in the garage, except for when it's wheeled out for shows.

So is it art? Or is it a car? A car should be driven, hard and frequently. Art is just to look at.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all

whats the point in having a car like that if U dont drive it? its nice, and a good show car but even hector drove his. and he was all ways showing the car!! Is it cuz ur too lazy to do the work on the car for the shows after its been driven or is it because of no PS or AC. if thats the case then Ill take that car off ur hands!!
Old 05-21-2008
Turbo Guru

funny that all i said was k > d and i never spoke of andys ride or build then everybody got on his nuts and bad mouthed me. i just sat back and lol. its old news. im past it and the internet comments never hurt me. i just find it amusing. even rennen pm me saying he never saw anything i said wrong. anyways all the haters i had this is for you

its been confirmed that honda tuning will be shooting my car within the next few weeks. ill post pics of the shoot when they do it.
Umm, you said that, directly quoting what I said before portraying an attitude of modding a d series was a waste because a k is better.

And that's why you were begging for Drew to come into the thread to back you up, lol.
LMAO @ thread title.
But on a serious note, if you really don't want to come off like a ***** to everyone, think twice about what you're posting, that's probably why nobody had your back.

Congrats on the honda tuning shoot.
Old 05-21-2008
em2

Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
Umm, you said that, directly quoting what I said before portraying an attitude of modding a d series was a waste because a k is better.

And that's why you were begging for Drew to come into the thread to back you up, lol.
LMAO @ thread title.
But on a serious note, if you really don't want to come off like a ***** to everyone, think twice about what you're posting, that's probably why nobody had your back.

Congrats on the honda tuning shoot.

i didnt ask drew for help or post here. i was tellin him all the hater comments.

Originally Posted by Unevolved View Post
I appreciate what you've done with this car, but when you get down to it, it comes off as a waste. You can't daily drive it because you've made it unlivable (no PS or AC). So it sits in the garage, except for when it's wheeled out for shows.

So is it art? Or is it a car? A car should be driven, hard and frequently. Art is just to look at.
theres several reasons i dont daily it.
1. the risk of gettin into an accident is at a greater risk dailying the car.
2. the honda theft in central florida is crazy. go on tamparacing.com, its a local forum and i **** u not. theres a honda stolen thread made everyday.

i agree a car should be driven thus why i drive it to shows and the track. my car isnt trailered. i will be driving it from tampa to atlanta for nopi. my car isnt just a grocery getter anymore. it gets 90 plus degrees here and no ac is uhhhhhh.

Originally Posted by chkolny View Post
which immature mod changed the title of this thread?
and why would he drive it hoodless, ahah it was go on just for the sake of taking a picture showing the k motor in there

i changed it.