Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Best dome light ever.

Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
micheecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Best dome light ever.

So let me know what you think if my newly made dome lights, well dont have a pic of rear, but will post soon. Im going to be selling these soon and want to know if anyone wants one. I can make any color or adjustable color. These are amber and are made for 05 ex with sunroof . [ATTACH][ATTACH] 72924 [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civiclightsmall.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	72923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Civicdomesmall.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	72924  

Last edited by micheecivic; 10-24-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: left out part
Old 10-24-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best dome light ever.

nice..how's it light the interior at night??
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Very well ill get pics of interior and back light tonight. rear is an H.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

you should make an insert for the rear deck's 3rd brake light...i'd get that one...
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sweet very clever, and you used the brighter superflux i see.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

My wifes has a spoiler so it has no light in rear deck, but it does have assembly there and i may be able to get size and make some, but I will probably have to make in red leds or white. I am getting 300 leds of various colors in 3-4 days. Ill post pics in an hour or so of the dome lights brightness.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Alright here they are. The new sets I am making will be brigher but these are as bright as original just amber in color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Interiorled.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	72925

Name:	interiorrearled.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	72926

Name:	rearlighth.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	72927
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow that looks as bright as my single 1w dorado led domes. nice job!
Old 10-24-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

looks good luck EX'ers w/ your sweet dome light location!!!
Old 10-24-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
you should make an insert for the rear deck's 3rd brake light...i'd get that one...
they had them way back in 2005. i posted if anyone thought it was cool cause my friend wanted to do it, and my friend ended up doing it heres the link take a look.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ake-light.html
Old 10-26-2007
Registered!!

12345678910 is an unknown quantity at this point

those are pretty sweet let me know when those are available to buy and ill prob pick some up ($$$)
Old 10-27-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

HAHAH!!!! i was bout to do the EXACT SAME THING, but only with white leds...

you've used superflux leds...FTW!
Old 10-27-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

but its actually called a "map light"
Old 10-27-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I'd buy it with white ones in it...
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

Im in the process of making white ones now. There are going to be diffrent colors, white, very bright white, blue, and manualy adjustable. Price will vary upon color and type.

And what to you mean by, "you used superflux wtf".

Let me know what you guys think is a resonable price for these, I have seen the 12 led superflux grids selling for 30 usd. Im going to sell a few sets on ebay just to see what they to for and will work from that. What would you pay if you don't mind me asking. Am working on how much they cost in parts and labor. Ive got 300 dollars into my led projects and need to reecoop some of my money.

I also can include an oscilator if anyone wants them to flash but dont thing anyone would. The multi color ones are going to cycle colors I just have to finish working out the details the switch too fast right now at 200hz need to slow to about 1hz or .5hz.
Old 10-31-2007
Registered!!

Alright here are pics of my wifes new lights. I will have some of the all white and all blue up in a few days. The color changing ones will take some time to work out the kinks in the oscilator and segmentor.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000550.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	72979

Name:	P1000556.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	72980
Old 10-31-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by micheecivic
Im in the process of making white ones now. There are going to be diffrent colors, white, very bright white, blue, and manualy adjustable. Price will vary upon color and type.

And what to you mean by, "you used superflux wtf".

Let me know what you guys think is a resonable price for these, I have seen the 12 led superflux grids selling for 30 usd. Im going to sell a few sets on ebay just to see what they to for and will work from that. What would you pay if you don't mind me asking. Am working on how much they cost in parts and labor. Ive got 300 dollars into my led projects and need to reecoop some of my money.

I also can include an oscilator if anyone wants them to flash but dont thing anyone would. The multi color ones are going to cycle colors I just have to finish working out the details the switch too fast right now at 200hz need to slow to about 1hz or .5hz.

It said Superflux FTW, meaning For The Win... He wasn't saying WTF...
Old 11-01-2007
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough

im down to get a red one
Old 11-01-2007
Registered!!

O read responce wrong on ftw. Also I have reds, but need to get some more pc board. I should get some Saturday, and will have some sets of red blue and white available on Monday. I am just going to put them on ebay with starting price as cost to buy parts and hope I can make something for the labor. Also Im working on making some for other years and and setups, but am unsure as of now of what the diffrences are in the lights. I will soon have some up also for the 3rd brake light.
Old 11-01-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

hook me up wid some red ones and nice job dude ... gotta admit the skills !!!
Old 11-01-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by micheecivic
O read responce wrong on ftw. Also I have reds, but need to get some more pc board. I should get some Saturday, and will have some sets of red blue and white available on Monday. I am just going to put them on ebay with starting price as cost to buy parts and hope I can make something for the labor. Also Im working on making some for other years and and setups, but am unsure as of now of what the diffrences are in the lights. I will soon have some up also for the 3rd brake light.

Super Bright LED's ( www.superbrightleds.com )have them that plug into standard socket sized with programable boards. They start around $13. Plug into the standard sockets and you program the boards. They also have the flasher modules for them.
Old 11-09-2007
Registered!!

Alright red light is done. I was in a hurry and put it in crooked. Email me at metaphysico@hotmail.com if you are interested. I will get the white and blue done soon. Takes about 3 days to make oneClick image for larger version

Name:	reddome.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	73048

Name:	reddome2.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	73049

Name:	interior red.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	73051
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

I have a red set up for sale on ebay now. I will make other colors to sell soon.
Old 11-13-2007
Premium Member

are you selling the whole assembly? or just the led pieces to put in. link? also what color outer plastic, coupe and sedan are different.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

thats sweet dude u should make a small logic part that turn on the C for the maplights and the whole CIVIC for the domelight.

if u can make a warm white one i'd take a front with that logic and rear
Old 11-19-2007
Registered!!

The ebay thing didnt work. I think there is just too much stuff for civics and these get lost in the fray as I only had 7 people view them. So I am going to post them in this forum's sell section. I need to sell these as I have over $200 invested in my led and other electronic projects. These are inserts for the light and housing need to be shaved 1/8 of an inch under light. They are set up to run at 14 volts so will be dimer with car not running. There is not enough room to put a voltage regulator in the assy. I can make Cs work seperately with out too much problem, just need to ad a few diodes. Basicaly I need to sell these for 30 to make a small profit and that doesn't give me enough for the labor, but will make me break even. If you want you can send me your dome assy and I will install and return complete, or you can shave 1/8" off the inside of a 1/18" wide bar 1" tall. With a rotary tool it takes less than 1 min. The dome for this coupe has white covers. You will want a light the same color as the lense for best luminocity, But clear lense will work with any color. I also have red green blue manualy adjustable but they will take a lot more time and be more expensive to make due to having 3 manualy adjustable resistors. Also I dont like posting links to selling sites in forums, usualy against rules, But email me at metaphysico@hotmail.com if you need a link.
Old 03-23-2008
Registered!!

CivicIvy is an unknown quantity at this point

which bulb type do we need for our 2001-2005 non-sunroof version Honda Civic Sedan and which ones need for the Coupe?