Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 Civic Looking to go Show Car - Race Car - Street Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kcsays is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 01 Civic Looking to go Show Car - Race Car - Street Car

i would give you some advice... since we both in show scene...

you can take this as talking **** or take it as advice for future mod.

1. need better or top quality wheels.

2. need better seats, ur building race car, need full bucket not reclinable / luxury seats

3. again as far as building race / show car need hell alot more than what you have for interior and trunk.

just having spare tire and zex nitrous sitting in the trunk wont give you points

i hope meant by street car as u driving it on the road, cuz once u get that car in the show ur in wild class. cuz of the molded kit, swap, doors and things like that.

Last edited by kcsays; 07-20-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Innovators is a jewel in the roughInnovators is a jewel in the roughInnovators is a jewel in the rough

kcsays...

I would hope you would give us some more credit with all the work we have done "so far"...If you would have read a few posts back, we are still working on the car...its underconstruction. Look closely at the pictures. Other than the seats and steering wheel....there is ZERO interior. Yes..we have a ways to go.

I think I misled people with the title of this thread. would we like this as a race car, yes. Have plans/focus changed along the way? yes.

This will be a driver. We are not building this to go up against kids with systems/tvs/speakers fiberglassed into their trunks and god knows where else.

The rims are not the final rims that will go on the car...they are multi patern lugs...originally the car was 4...and now is a five....so that makes sense. We will be looking for a sponsor for the final rims

Better seats....ouch...ideal for racing...no...but sweet...yes...look them up.

I dont take it as **** talking but please give us more credit...and look closely at the pic....I mean really...you can see the roof skin....and the car is in PRIMER.
Old 07-20-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

There are lots of things in there that stick out...but the biggest thing to me are those LCA's. There is no triangulation or support in there whatsoever. You have just some random bends in there just for the sake of having chromoly tubes everywhere. There are tubes that just end in the middle of nowhere. There are tubes that are just bent over other tubes and barely welded on. You basically just did that for it to "look" cool. It has no advantages whatsoever than just sticking with the unibody. Im not trying to be a dick...but that has no thought into it, it looks like you just said "hey lets put some tubes here and there and call it done."
Old 07-20-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

and dont get me wrong...i give you guys credit where credit is due...some serious time has been spent on that thing. The chop top came out really clean..no doubt about that. But honestly you shouldnt have gone with the chromoly front clip. You guys should have seriously thought out the front clip alot more before you did it.
Old 07-20-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Race you when your done... But only thing i like is the tube front end.. Sorry bro, i eather go show, or race there is no AND for me
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Innovators is a jewel in the roughInnovators is a jewel in the roughInnovators is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys, there is a lot of confusion in this Forum. This car WILL meet and exceed all expectations of the people reading this forum, i think this car is far out of reach of most of the readers here. The car is FAR from done. The K20 going in the car will be mocked up in the next 2 weeks, we will post pics asap, as soon as we have numbers we will post them as well. Do not expect to see numbers less than 500, off the bottle. This car will be street driven, due to the fact that the owner of the car is already in the process of starting a new ride, this ones rarity will wear off quickly. Thanks for you intrest, please ask before you assume.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

transformerrrrr lol
Old 07-20-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

omfg some people in here are retarted as f*ck. and dont get mad at me for saying that becuz its true. does the car look like its anywhere being close to done?? seriously. the guy posted up showing everrryboddyy a work in progress. it is clearly in alot of progress and nowhere close to being done. kcsays talks about u dont have enough in your trunk..haha no comment. and spoon em talks about you just dumping abunch of pointless chrome moly bars eveyrwhere.. i highly doubt..these people putting this much effort into this car and then just dumping a bunch of bars everywhere.. thats stupid to assume that. good comments and negative comments are going to happen on here..but to make it seem liek eveyrthing is completely wrong or pointless or w.e is ignorant.
Old 07-20-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Roof scoop.........why? Does it serve a purpose because it looks stupid.
Fender flares.......I love them, they look great!
Nitrous bottle......I think you have it illegally mounted. Now everything tells me you know way more about this than me but I vaguely remember the law stating that the bottle has to be mounted with the nozzle facing the rear of the vehicle in case of a crash. Am I wrong?
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

kcsays is an unknown quantity at this point

hey innovators, i've already givne you big credit for the work just didnt say it in here.

as far as wheel sponsor, you should try to get new wheels and get sponsor by the company u got the wheels from?

you said its gonna be race car... is it gonna be race car theme show car or just strickly race car and drivin on the streets?? cuz from what i hear your not allow to have reverse opening hood, molded kit, even the door unless came like that from factory?

and for the seats... if i was building a race car i would put a bucket seats.. my car isnt race car just daily driven show car i got bucket.. haha

is the cage is gonna be painted as well? if you dont mine what color are you trying to paint the car?

but like u said you need alot of work to do the car i hope everything work out and hope to see you at other events and good luck with the build.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough

dang.. its my first time seeing a wide body on a civic. great stuff for sure.

Last edited by ohsnapsjay08; 07-20-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

This is entertaining.

Innovator, I think your car instills fear in peoples hearts because they don't know how to react...It's a musical symphony of pleasurable connotations and bitter choruses. It's like seeing a hot chick with a smokin body, but a stupid haircut. Or it's like Eating the perfect steak, but having dry potatoes on the side, it's like putting on the coolest pair of shoes, but their a little tight around the toes, Ok Im done with the metaphors.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Fender flares, wider stance and more stability, this car will be equipped with 9” wide tires and is 4” wider than a stock civic. This is a car that is built for a purpose, ONE guy... im sure you all build your own cars so that you like them. The roof scoop? Ever get in an old car with no passenger compartment air filter/vent? Ears pop, this scoop is the only air getting into this car and is hand laid carbon fiber. No blower motor, no heat, no ac. Defogger? we have it covered, don’t worry. Why do people have cold air intakes, turbos and ground effects? Are they racecars or show cars? This car is not like what you have seen, the taillights suck, we didn’t plan on everyone understanding and liking every aspect of it. It will perform, it will look good and it will be fun, goal accomplished.... hope you like it... keep watching for updates.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

the car looks like its off to a good start, and should definitly win something at car shows, and whoop most jdm looking hondas. With that k20 turbo'd that'll be a beast at the tracks. Nicely done man, show and go. Wish you guys the best of luck.
Old 07-20-2007
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

that looks cool as hell! Would look better with lower offset/ wider rims to fill in the fenders.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for the props Christian. We will have the car out there for SEMA 2007. Be sure to stop by and say whats up.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Thanks...those are not the final wheels...those will come later.
Old 07-20-2007
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

lol, what's on the trunk, it kinda looks like 4 shark fins.

but... Props for hard work.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

those are a mock up for the drag style spoiler...and once again I will point out that it isnt finished...

but props...you were the first to comment on it.
Old 07-20-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

dude, don't put a drag style spoiler on there...
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Fever. Not everyone is going to like everything....if nothingelse we have learned that through this thread.
Old 07-20-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

put a rsx type R spoiler on it, it'll suit the car
Old 07-21-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

We need to see the final project before we start talking crap... but the way I see it now is the frame stucture is really scary and weak looking and since your going all out it better be custom made RWD car. Why did u guys redo the frame?? Its gonna be more difficult to put a K series in that car than it originally was.....
Old 07-21-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Innovators
Thanks for the props Christian. We will have the car out there for SEMA 2007. Be sure to stop by and say whats up.
Oh and if your coming here for HIN or i think Sema, either one this year, i believe which is this october or november, look out for a red sedan, full show car process im going through right now with the exterior. Hope to see some good results from your guys ride.
Old 07-21-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dru106
We need to see the final project before we start talking crap... but the way I see it now is the frame stucture is really scary and weak looking and since your going all out it better be custom made RWD car. Why did u guys redo the frame?? Its gonna be more difficult to put a K series in that car than it originally was.....
...why would u say that in the beginning of ur statement...and continue fullfilling what u say we shouldnt do... ...i doubt the guy would take on this project without knowing what hes doing. im sure everything was made planned out. its for some reason.. just liek the roof scoop. everyone jumped to conclusion saying it was pointless blah blah talking crap liek You say, but not knowing why..just assuming. but....everyone gets there own comments right. good or bad..
Old 07-21-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

i want more pics lol
Old 07-21-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Word. I want more pics too. I think the work ya'll are doing on this car is fantastic. There are several things I wouldn't do, but there are no doubt several things I've done to my car that you guys wouldn't do. That's an awful lot of custom engineering being done and a sizable motor being put in to boot. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing updates.
Old 07-21-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not sure what to make of this thing. I don't know that I've seen anything like it. Subscribed for updates on progress.
Old 07-24-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

heres some pics of the control arms you were asking about..notice there are no bends in them...

Quick Reply: 01 Civic Looking to go Show Car - Race Car - Street Car