Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New Wheels UPDATE 7-24-07 page 3 not good

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007
7th Gen Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New Wheels

Originally Posted by satinsilvervic
17's because i was afraid 18x8 would be too wide
WUSS! Get some more negative camber and call it a day! I'm just kidding... Anybody remember Riley? He was the way-too-rediculously-wide-tire guy with his S2000.

I forget what the offsets are, but I remember crunching the math one day and found out that the wheel only extended towards the strut like 4mm and toward the fender well like 6mm... So with a 4mm spacer it would only push the wheel out like 1/2in. (because it's really 1/4" each side of center going from 7.5 to 8 with that offset - or something close to it)

I forget again what the exact offsets were - but its very possible that the wheels would fit our car. Also would put 225/40-18 tires or 215/35-18s instead of 235/40-18s in order to stretch it a little... and click in maybe 1.25º negative camber on all four corners and it'd look like it was designed to look that way.
Old 07-20-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^ me not knowing a thing about wheel sizes and what not.... that just looks like a bunch of chinese. i have no idea wat any of that meant, but im still excited..woohoo!
Old 07-20-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Imagine a section of a wheel, looking straight at it. a 0 offset is when the hub mount is evenly spaced between the inside edge and the outside edge. Offsets are measured in millimeters. A positive offset is when the mount is closer to the outside edge (think: no lip) and a negative offset is closer to the inside edge (think: deep dish).

When changing both the width of the wheel as well as the offset... you get into mathland. What happens if you're not careful is the tire could rub, stick out too far or just not fit at all.

A 7.5" wide wheel with a +42 offset and an 8" wide wheel with a +42 offset are not even, etc.

I don't want to thread hijack, but you should get a general idea of what I was trying to say. LOL
Old 07-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough

yeah im a wuss lol. im cutting it close with 7.5 so i didn't want to take the chance with 8's plus i could use the extra rubber with these crappy roads
Old 07-20-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

17's are the best size for this car

*subscribed for later pix!
Old 07-24-2007
Premium Member

ok it was going to good i guess something had to happen. i got the wheels today and was going to put them on. so their universal four lug but one set of holes are machined out and the other set aren't. so i figured that the machined holes are for my car well they're not the other holes are for my car and i can barely fit the lugs in the hole. so my question is did they send me the wrong rims? if they didn't i don't want them because i bought a black rim i don't want machined holes showing. i called the guy and left a message for him to call me back
Old 07-24-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New Wheels UPDATE 7-24-07 page 3 not good

bummer can you snap a pic? It sounds as though they would def. take them back..
Old 07-24-2007
Premium Member

ill have to get a pic tomorrow. the wheels are at my parents house i was pissed when i found out so i hurried home to call this guy
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

the lugs dont fit, or the studs dont fit???
Old 07-24-2007
Premium Member

the lugs don't fit
Old 07-24-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

tuner lugnuts
Old 07-24-2007
Premium Member

yeah they are but they're the smallest lugs i could find because i had to get small lugs for my other rims. i don't think they're right because there is not a lot of thread sticking out when i put the wheel on
Old 07-24-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

gorilla tuner lugs are super duper small
Old 07-25-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

that sucks..i would keep calling them to get this straightened out. who knows if theyll call u back for sure.
Old 07-25-2007
Premium Member

im calling him again tonight
Old 07-25-2007
Premium Member

i have to send them pics. heres one pic of the wheel

the silver holes are the wrong holes and the black holes are too small to mount the wheels
Old 07-25-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

that's a problem. definitely not supposed to look like that. there's no taper in the holes you're gonna use.
Old 07-25-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

The 4 non-machined ones look to be for decoration only...Because there's no dip on the part of the wheel to fit a lug nut on there. So me thinks they just sent you the wrong size bolt pattern...

Because if you think about it, what car takes smaller then a 4x100 bolt pattern? I don't know of any...I could be wrong, just saying though. So with having said that, if the machined holes don't fit, you definitely got the wrong bolt pattern.

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 07-25-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2007
Premium Member

thats what im thinking. i sent the pics just waiting for a response