Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Started the FG Box

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seiber84 is on a distinguished road
Started the FG Box

I started out by making the floor out of MDF and carpeted. Now I have a nice/level/supportive base to build up from (Unlike the factory "floor" aka Cardboard) My only constraint was that I had to be able to access my spare tire.

Keep in mind that this is my daily driver, and after a horrid attempt out of trying to make my last daily driver into a show car I am being very cautious with everything I do.

I started off by making some flush mount speaker rings with a 1/2 inch roundover to house my MTX Thunder 6000 series 12's that I had laying around.

I had 2 basic ideas that I was deciding between.

I could mount 1 sub in each of the corneres of the trunk and hide the amp (it would give it a real clean look)

Or, what I think I have decided to do, make one box to house my amp rack, botch 12s and the capacitor. In these pictures everything is being held up by quarts of oil and bondo so i know the angles are all off I was just trying to visualize things.

It got dark real quick last night so all I was able to do was cut a rough piece of MDF to serve as the bottom of the box. i will be mounting the digitial cap above the amp and between the two subs. That is the only component I have still yet to get. I have deicded to mount the cap so that it is only paritally exposed. Some of the FG from the box will wrap aroudn the front of the cap to make it seem like it is intertwined in the box.

Updates to come shortly
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

Hondalx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Started the FG Box

Looks nice and really clean so far. I was wondering what materials you used?
Old 05-19-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

very nice start, its gonna look good
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

how are you gonna incorporate the amp into the box? otherwise, you're gonna end up with a "space" at the bottom center of the box with the cap half exposed above it and have to figure out how you're gonna seal the gap underneath?
Old 05-19-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Seiber84 is on a distinguished road

Rings are made of MDF. Once I build a flush mount box to house the amp I will cut some 2x4s to get the angles I want. Then stretch fleece/resin do some body work and be ready for paint.