Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

what do you think my coupes worth??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
what do you think my coupes worth??

Alright so im kinda bored/tired of my car i know i just bought a k24 with intentions on building it but i kinda wanna either get a diff car and sell the motor with my car or get a car i can build the motor for.. so anyway heres everything listed every single detail about my car im just trying to get sum idea about what its worth if i were to sell it.. anyway..

2001 Honda civic lx 2dr.
had a auto to manual swap: yea this mite hurt the value
has brand new champ white paint job with jet black roof and tons of exterior mods.

trans has 55k on it with brand new exedy clutch with maybe 1k on it not even. also has act prolite flywheel

car will come with stock wheels and stock header. but will most likley include the aem sri.

car also has a brand new paint oem champ white hood to match if wanted to swap out the cf.

mod list:

auto to manual conversion
kamikaze header
aem sri
exedy stage 1 clutch
act prolite flywheel
gold valve cover
gold battery tie down.

Suspension/Brakes:
B&G coilovers
ebc red stuff brake pads brand new in box
focuz upperstrut bar

Exterior:

jdm rs frront lip
jdm rs sides
ep3 red jdm H badges
05 rear tails
05 rear bumper
vis cf hood
vis cf trunk
custom painted championship white with jet black roof
10k hid's
oem blacked out headlight
datum1 towhook
jdm rs front grille
pwjdm fenders with dc5 sidemarkers with led retro's
work equip 03's in gold

Interior:
red h on steering wheel
custom diy paint oem silver dash look

anyway heres sum pics.

Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
Re: what do you think my coupes worth??

what does kbb say about your car stock with that much mileage?
Old 05-16-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light

hm lol lemme check
Old 05-16-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

dont do it!!! dont sell it!!
Old 05-16-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

Excellent
$9,715

thats what it says
Old 05-16-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Tehn Tousand Dollahs
Old 05-16-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

haha yup copying ! nah idk what im getting i always wanted a sti but ill never be able to affoard insurance on it in nj.. but i was thinkin maybe a type s or a used evo or maybe a wrx.. idk not really sure yet im trying to start selling motors online.
Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

Stock with that mileage is probably worth around 8-9000. It was repainted so that helps, but it is also going to depend on who you sell it to. You can probably find some sucker teenager looking for something fast and furious who would pay 12-13000 for your car with some of the aftermarket stuff on it. On a side note though, I really like your car and I know that motor build would be amazing. If your car is paid off and you want something else, why not keep the civic since you have already put money into it. Your is on its way to reaching its great potential (with a motor build of course) and it would be a shame to see you give up. I enjoyed going through the "JDM civic" thread and seeing so many pictures of your car, and then you starting your own thread - very funny. But anyway it would be nice to the finished product, so I think you should move forward with the k24.
Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

10-11k sounds pretty reasonable. imo id say keep the 7th gen and swap in the kseries. you dont see many em2's around that are fast and that would make you're car very unique.
Old 05-16-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

yea idk.. im just bored of it idk haha its just not my taste.. i just want something more stock that i dont really have to mod. im getting the in the mood for more stock rather then lots of mods.. i just want something so simple. and not make me look like such a kid lmao.. not to mention im going to try to become a cop which would be another reason why i wanna get rid of it.
Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

i guess thats a good reason... tsx or s2k
Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about wanting something more stock that you dont have to mod much. If you really want a new car s2ks and tsxs are great cars, but I really like the TL type S. Not only do they look awesome, but they perform well too.

You may think that you dont want to mod another car much, but the truth is, if you know that you can buy stuff for a car, you are going to want to buy stuff.
Old 05-16-2007
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve

because ur car is jdm and manual. Sell it for 11,000 on honda-tech
Old 05-16-2007
Registered!!

225Em2 is an unknown quantity at this point

let see 01...= almost 7 year old car...with all the mods..i say around 9k...yea that sounds reasonable..not even over 100k..so man ur about right
id pay 9-10k for it...sell it to some young teenager for a shitmore ahaha..you know they'll make their parents pay for it
Old 05-16-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

ill give you 12 dollars for it....plus tax.

but seriously dont sell it and if you do sell me that rs grill with the jdm emblems lol
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

You are going to have to explain why a 6-7 year old car with only 79k on it needed a new paint job when you try selling the car.

Also those who really want to do research will search your post/thread history and see if they can find any problems you didn't mention on your ad...that's if you sold it on this site.

Take it to a CarMax dealership if thats available since they will appraise your car for free I think.
If not, then go down to the nearest dealership and see what they'll offer you.

Easiest sell would be to park it near a high school with a for sale sign and wait for kids to call you.
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

you'll have much better luck getting more out of it if it was bone stock again.

continue with your build!!!
Old 05-17-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

lol i dont think its worth me putting it back to stock.. nor would i be able to it has custom paint lol champ white with black roof. i need to sell it as is.. reason for paint was i got into a slight rear end accident they only had to replace the bumper and trunk and lights.. it was my uncles bodyshop and i was like hey since its in there why dont you paint it for me lol.. plus he was like this nhbp paint is shot why dont i redo it. lol
Old 05-17-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

I'd say 9500 is a good deal for both parties........
Old 05-17-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

bro i didnt even know ur roof was black..thats cool. i say kontinue with the k. itll feel liek a different car afterwards. if not...a TL sounds nice. an evo sounds ok... s2k....i know its a nice car and its fast n cool n eveyrthing but face it.. s2ks kinda look like a little kids car. iduno why older people drive them..
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

man just build ur car, u change way to much, like u change ur underwear.
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished paying for my 01 EX today, it's a good feeling and the cars in great shape, 68,000 miles.
Old 05-17-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

well my car isnt paid off i still owe like 6 on it.. so with the payments plus what i spend on mods i can have a new car.. i figure sell it pay it off take whats left plus w.e other money i use an put like 10k down on something else. i would never buy a s2k i think there a girls car.. plus its only a 2 seater.. im thinkin something 4dr. prob a wrx or something not really sure yet.
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

HighBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

all urs stock parts r gone ? u should offer two options if u goin to sell ur car.. First option, leave the way it is, nice lookin. for 10-11K (park around the high school,get teenagers attation like this other guy were sayin) Second option, replace some stock parts if the buyer perffer. 11-12K .. then whatever part u got left over, sell it on this web site for more money. and ur have k24 motor right? sell that too if u want lol
Old 05-17-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

a wrx is nice...an sti is nicer...i duno man its up to u...i think we kinda suck at swaying u towards keepin ur champ.
Old 05-17-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

hah ive been trying to get rid of the car before i even got it back from paint but my damn gf keeps saying keep it keep it.. but seriously idk i dont like the style and i really dont wanna put another 2-3kinto it for the swap then more money to make it look different again. i can take the 3k i was gonna do with the swap and ill prob get atleast 4k left from paying off my car atleast i hope. then sell the motor for like a grand and get another 2k.. thats 10k right there i can do alot with that. plus im deff gonna have to sell it when i become a cop in like 2 years anyhow i mite as well just sell it while its value is up.
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

HighBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, k24 motor for a grand ? u can at less sell it for 3 grand and more maan..try it on ebay start out $1000 u will see how high it can go.
Old 05-17-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

its the crv one not tsx.. im gonna start selling motors soon tho.. i found a wearhouse with alot so that where im gonna try to rack in sum cash for my new car. hopefully if everything goes as planned
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough

Eh, I say about 8-9k. Modding a civic doesn't increase the value lol. And I think automatics are worth more than manuals. 'Cause when I got my car, the guy was like...it's 1k cheaper for a manual. I say if you sell it...part out the parts that are easy to get off and can get stock parts + cash easy, then sell your car. You'll get more money that way.
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice

didnt read the whole thread but here's your likely buyers and how much you can get...

A) find yourself a ricer - if you're lucky he'll be a spoiled brat and parents don't mind buying their kid a used car instead of new. How much you'll get may vary from the type of ricer you encounter.

B) a collector - will value the things you've done to you car and may pay you close or 100% of what you've spent on your car. They attend big car shows a lot.

C) an motor/performance enthusiast - might give you a good deal over book price, but remember he can get parts as easily as you can and do the work just as well by himself.

D) sell to the dealership - if they dont reject totally and call your car "too molested", expect book price and little for the addons. You better not go back to the dealership because you'll see them selling it for 100% of what you spent on the vehicle, and then you'll feel raped. A 'mom&pops' saleslot will give you a little less, but are more likely to buy a molested car.

as for me, i'd pay at most 10k if i had the money available for toy cars. I'm planning to sell my 01 coupe w/ 62K and will settle for $4000 haha

Quick Reply: what do you think my coupes worth??