Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Magnaflow or Greddy exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-Squared is an unknown quantity at this point
Magnaflow or Greddy exhaust?

I'm lookin at exhausts to put on my '07 Civic LX Coupe, price doesn't matter, so which would you get? Magnaflow exhaust? or Greddy?
Old 04-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Magnaflow or Greddy exhaust?

well i have the Magnaflow, real quiet, low tone.. not too loud, but not loud enough! the greaddy, depending on which you get, can be extremely loud, or quiet. go with a csutom midpipe, a custom hks ti0carbon exhaust with a random tech. downpipe andget a header.. and a better sound youll prolly get... i wish i wouldve went that route!
Old 04-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

btw... im a 02 lx
Old 04-29-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

u shoulda just made a poll
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

haha i would have, but i needed advice, not numbers.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

dust is an unknown quantity at this point

my magnaflow has gotten deeper and very nicer over time. Each gear has a noticeably different tone, 2nd and 5th or my favs. My setup is a cai no header and the sound is great. It will start of quiet, but over time it will get deeper and louder 05 lx
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Verdict is an unknown quantity at this point

my bud has a magnaflo on his civic sounds ricey, but thats prob cause he didnt install it right. I have a greddy evo2, it sounds deep and aggressive when you step on it. Since i drive about 40 mins to school everyday it sounds deeper and louder when its warmed up. Durability wise theres no rust on it ,but i had to replace the exhaust gasket twice. The gasket looked like it was rusted up but it was also made out of what seemed to be like cardboard. Other than that i think greddy is lovely. IMO search for sound clips on the web to hear/see what you like. ( i have a 04 civic )
Old 04-29-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

ive herd nothing but good things about Magnaflow exhausts. I went ahead and got me muffler and resonator from Magnaflow and plan on getting the custom piping welded together from a local shop. ive herd the magnaflows hang a little low in the middle so...this shoudl be ok. they all sound great. ive never herd rice from a properly installed magnaflow...always deep and mellow
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Verdict is an unknown quantity at this point

yea magnaflows are nice both are good imo

but i love hks and blitz
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

ragdoll66 will become famous soon enough

I would say deffiently go with the Magnaflow. They are the only exhaust company I know of which actually posts dyno sheets. They know what they are doing and they produce great sound. Try hottexhaust.com When I got mine they were pretty cheap and are authorized maganflow dealers. 03' EX. I've already got the magnaflow cat back on my 03' EX, and im getting the megan header with magnaflow cat installed this week. I'll post on here again to let you know how the sound differs and if I feel any difference in performance...
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

I have a magnaflow and really like the low tone. I personally don't like loud exhausts because when your on the freeway cruising at 80 mph the tone becomes annoying as hell. If you like a low agressive tone go with the magnaflow, but if you want something louder go with a greddy.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ragdoll66
I would say deffiently go with the Magnaflow. They are the only exhaust company I know of which actually posts dyno sheets. They know what they are doing and they produce great sound. Try hottexhaust.com When I got mine they were pretty cheap and are authorized maganflow dealers. 03' EX. I've already got the magnaflow cat back on my 03' EX, and im getting the megan header with magnaflow cat installed this week. I'll post on here again to let you know how the sound differs and if I feel any difference in performance...

yeah bro, that'd be awesome and greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

Chun_Kit is an unknown quantity at this point

well since no one has really said anything about greddy..i got the greddy evo2 for my 05 ex... i'm not sure how loud the magnaflow is..but the greddy isn't that loud to me...it has a good nice deep tone to it..and if u do consider it loud..its not that ricer fart cannon sound... I'm not sure if it gave me much of a boost or not..but then again it is only an exhaust..and since i dont any engine upgrades yet...there isn't much to exhaust out.. but yeh..i am really satisfied with the greddy..so if u choose it i dont think u would be disappointed
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

I got me a Magnaflow for my 01LX and it just now started to get rusty since it sat outside in salt for about 2 months straight(15 inches of snow and then another 6 a few weeks later). Other than that its pefect. On the 7thgens the middle can hang a lil low especially if you don't weld it like me, since I just used the supplied clamps, but I've only scraped twice with it and thats because of wierd situations.

I haven't heard anything about the exhaust for the 8thGen's but I'm sure its very similar. I don't think you can go wrong with Magnaflow. I kinda like Greddy but I'll take Apexi N1 over it(I'm getting the N1 if I get a Subby in a bit)
Old 05-26-2007
Registered!!

loonie is an unknown quantity at this point

The sound clips greddy uses. with the TI-C is without resonator Also they never hit over 2000RPM. & I will tell you with a 02 ex. It is Horrid. after 3k RPM. I regret investing in it. I have 60 Miles on it with out the resonator. & Emailed Greddy.
i have been Dealing with Trust since they were about a yr old. And I will tell you they have great stuff for Many Apps but the TI-C should never have been advertised the way it was. not clear about under 94db. with resonator i would guess 76db without i would guess 115.
at 4k rpm. That is my guess. and only a guess.

With the resonator it is quiet. yet not deep. and also gets super hot within a 2 mile drive at speed limit.
Thinking myself I should have got a dif model or the magnaflow.
there is a few other nice catbacks but sad part is we cant hear them or see the dyno sheets on most. magnaflow to me was more of a v6 or v8 exhaust so i didn't want to go with it.

My First post yes I know. But seen this and had to give my 2bits.

Wish ya all the best. Have a great weekend/Holiday.

PS Don't get me wrong I will Gladly Buy Greddy again but Not so quickly on a new item.

Last edited by loonie; 05-26-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2007
Registered!!

ragdoll66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by T-Squared
yeah bro, that'd be awesome and greatly appreciated.
Man im sorry I totally forgot to get back to you on that and you probaly already have an exhaust by now but...in my opinion the sound didnt really change at all with the cat. and header but low end torque deffinetly felt better. 2 to 3 grand deffinetly has a little better acceleration now. And it doesnt bog down as bad when going from a dead stop and your runnin the AC. I got the AEM pulleys a month later and those helped out with that also. The Magnaflow cat is like half the size of the stocker and waaay less restrictive. I`ll post a comparison pic up tomorrow if I get time for everyone to check out.
Old 10-29-2007
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

Originally Posted by burke420
well i have the Magnaflow, real quiet, low tone.. not too loud, but not loud enough! the greaddy, depending on which you get, can be extremely loud, or quiet. go with a csutom midpipe, a custom hks ti0carbon exhaust with a random tech. downpipe andget a header.. and a better sound youll prolly get... i wish i wouldve went that route!

i did the magnaflow with a custom 2.5" stainless catback. ITS LOUD over 93db. I shouldnt have taken off my resonator
Old 10-29-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

greddy sounds like crap......and i mean it. it has a stright up rice sound to it...

magnaflow FTW.....its one of the best. id say the only other exhaust that sounds better is the RSR.....

RSR>magnaflow>HKS
Old 10-29-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

if you get a custom midpipe, a lot of these will sound different. if it were me, i'd get a greddy sp2. oval mufflers for the win.
Old 10-29-2007
Registered!!

Alex857 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex857 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex857 has a spectacular aura about

I have a greddy sp2 on my 04 lx and i absolutley love it. It sounds so goood. Its not real loud..but its deep. it sounds great. not ricey at all. ill get a clip of it on here soon. Also..installwas easy as ****..i didnthave to bend hangers or anything..just bolt up and go.