Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What should my next car be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kronickz is an unknown quantity at this point
What should my next car be?

Hey, after I sell my turbo kit and put my car back to stock, what should I get? I want to get something that is nice but not too pricey. Let me know what you guys think. It can be anywhere from racey to luxury. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
Re: What should my next car be?

07 SI...or 08 if you want to get it later on in the year
Old 03-28-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

lol everyone will basically post what they would buy RIGHT NOW if they were looking

oh and uh RSX-S or TSX
Old 03-28-2007
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice

Price range?

IS350.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Moose03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Audi TT 225
Old 03-28-2007
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice

STI hands down
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

what the other dude said IS350 ftw. thats what I would get lol.
Old 03-28-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

98 hatchback, with a k20 swap
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
what the other dude said IS350 ftw. thats what I would get lol.
Doesn't the 350 only have automatic? and I heard it was pretty soft too so I would prolly take the 250... But my choice would be to try and find a new or low miles gto whatever the last year was I think 06 cause those things are bound to be hella cheap by now because my local dealer was selling them for like 26k i think like a year ago and you can't go wrong with 6.0L... LS2 FTMFW!
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future

S2K or 350Z
Old 03-28-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^^ or an STI, the new ones. He said not too pricey, whats up with the lexus 350's. How about a boosted beetle....or not.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future

F**k getting a sedan if you don't have kids. Who needs friends when you have a sick *** car? Get a 2-seater, so you can at least drive your woman around.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is350 has an auto but its still fast as hell, my buddy is a lexus tech and he brought one home DAMN, but if you want a little bit of both get teh TL type-S it looks damn good, has lux, and is pretty decent in the power ( especially if you turbo that bad boy ). that or an s2k is fun, or an sti, or fck it get the veyron
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by X0DuZz
STI hands down
+2

Owned a s2k for 15 months and have no regrets with MY04 STi. It has the best of both worlds, and does everything that the S can do, only quicker! You can always get a WRX and with $1500 (stage 2) you can be just as fast, if not faster than the STi. EVO uses finesse rather than force like the Ru, and will take turns faster. It all comes down to personal prefrence. After having AWD for the past few months, I don't know how I could have lived without it, it only makes sense

Since your civic is turbo'd, I'm sure you plan on doing some modding. Even though EVO/STi are cheap to mod, they are not dragsters. If you get a Comptech Supercharger for the s2k, you can keep your warranty.

When it comes to s2k vs. Z, I found the Z easier to live with (comfort) but it wasn't as fun. I think all 06 Zs might be gone, but if you plan on modding, you can pick up a base model for around $27k.

Whatever you do, please test drive these four cars first. I didn't test drive the Z till after 13 months of owning a s2k, and I felt that I should have gotten a Z to begin with. Its all driver feel and prefrence when it comes to s2k/Z and EVO/STi. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Two seaters are cool, but I really wouldn't recommend one as a daily driver. S2K was super stiff, and I had to beat myself up just getting in and out of the car. I'm 5'10, mostly legs, and I didn't have enough leg room. I couldn't fully extend my left knee if I wanted to. For the first few weeks my right elbow was hurt so bad during shifting I felt like a pitcher who needed Tommy John surgery. As for women, YES, you will get attention. But its for all the wrong reasons, if you know what I mean.

Although EVO/STi won't feel as refined as the s2k or Z, they will do almost anything better. Brake, accelerate, and take turns quicker.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

i wud say tsx or sti.

I'm gettin a new car when i graduate and i am trying to decide between those two
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point

Does any one else notice that the original poster doesn't seem to care about what we said and people are just too jazzed about the opportunity to talk about their favorite car to notice?

Yeah I didn't think so... any way...

Man the GTO is so cool... it's like a corvette except cheap and it's got 6.0L... It comes in black too, black is a good color... That's about it... GTO FTW!

Last edited by juanotejano; 03-28-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Ill say not a dodge after seeing this:

i will never look at a dodge symbol the same way again!
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
Ill say not a dodge after seeing this:

i will never look at a dodge symbol the same way again!

BAHAHAHA!
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

^^^ at the dodge/uterus symbol. for me, i would either get the wrx/evo
Old 03-28-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Mazda RX8
Old 03-29-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

i might get a clearance Evo IX at the end of the year as the Evo X is coming out.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

hmm... I like your choices of cars. I had my eye on the IS350 but it is so damn pricey. I can deal with cars in $15,000-$20,000 range. I've been looking at the sti's and I like them, but... my next car has to last me like 4-5 years and I have realized that as the older I'm getting, the more I want my car to be luxury. the 350z's are nice too but I think i would rather have a rear seat. Keep em coming
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

oh, my dad has an auction license so i will probably be getting my car at a wholesale price. We just got a 2004 Lariat F-150 4dr in 2005 for only $23,000 with only 10,000 miles on it. Just keep that in mind.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Moose03 is an unknown quantity at this point

A4 man

Turbo Quattro cant go wrong
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

get an enzo, Eddie Griffin is selling one cheap
Old 03-29-2007
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

Legacy GT or Spec-B. Mmmm. Spec-B
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
Legacy GT or Spec-B. Mmmm. Spec-B
SHHHHHHHH!! Don't say that!!! That's what I want and there's only like 500 of them lol
Old 03-29-2007
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

It's such a sexy car. You had better hurry the hell up and find one now. They're all pretty much sold out, IIRC.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
It's such a sexy car. You had better hurry the hell up and find one now. They're all pretty much sold out, IIRC.
Eh, no tengo dinero. I wouldn't mind picking up a '06 Spec-B, just have to deal with the red leather interior though. Much better than blue suede though. I think they are coming out with a 6 Cyl. Legacy GT though for '08. And it is priced a few grand less than the Spec-B.

Quick Reply: What should my next car be?