Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

some new pics of sedan, comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
some new pics of sedan, comments?

Old 03-20-2007
Civicforums Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: some new pics of sedan, comments?

i liked the other rims better
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggested you change back to stock headlights a while ago and you were like" nah stock headlights are for losers, that's a dumb idea" Tail lights are mad hawt, but I kinda agree about the rims. Are you trying to make your car looks less modified or closer to stock or is that just me? Also how attached are you to the orange turn signal bulb, because I would suggest going to clear/white as that is the only thing that breaks the clean lines of the cleared headlight and the silver paint.

Last edited by juanotejano; 03-20-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha i remember that, ya well things change i guess. and i like the halogen light at night better than hid so im gonna stick with it. my car has changed so much and will prolly continue to, i love the rims and theyre lighter than stock. those i will def be keeping.
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
haha i remember that, ya well things change i guess. and i like the halogen light at night better than hid so im gonna stick with it. my car has changed so much and will prolly continue to, i love the rims and theyre lighter than stock. those i will def be keeping.
Well I'm glad that I can take credit for that kinda, I'm gonna tell all my friends I helped design gearbox's car What are your thoughts on using a clear turn signal bulb to go with your clear sidemarkers. I think that a clear turn signal is illegal (maybe not sure) but if that doesn't bother you I think it would look really clean. And that is still a really nice example of a clean sedan, so gj with your constant innovation/renovation.
Old 03-20-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

now lets see some night shots hehe
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FALKEN
i liked the other rims better
agreed, si > this.
Old 03-20-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

I really like the tails!! Are those the ones off from Thailand?
Old 03-20-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

looks good as always.
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

thats one of the best looking sedans ive seen. good work man!
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

looks hawtness, but rims gotta go!
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Shifty is on a distinguished road

not really feelin the rims, looks too small for the car. imho, the SI's suited the car way better. What size are those?
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member

thanks guys, tails are straight JDM, stamped with honda logo. the fogs are projectors from bmw and they are painted yellow inside. I was running around with clear signals before but i like the amber better, and it keeps me legal. i have some philips vision plus in the headlights and they are nice and bright. rims are 15 inch konig hurry, 13.6 lbs each. here are some night pics...

Last edited by gearbox; 03-20-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-20-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

I like the tails.. I've been so lazy waiting around for warm weather to put mine in

I too am with everyone else w/ the rims... I dunno they look small w/ the chrome lip But I'm sure your ride quality has us beat
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member

actually no lol im riding on broken shocks. my shock money went to the tails
Old 03-20-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

haha that doesn't sound like something you'd do

get blues... it's a great ride w/ the ProKit
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member

i have them sitting in my room, just no money to install, and im not diy that. maybe next month..
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Derwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Every time I see your car, I stop and wonder why I got a coupe....
Old 03-20-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

...i like the halogen light at night better than hid so im gonna stick with it.
r you serious man???

i thought id never see teh day that someone would say that...

but arent those pixs u just showed us hids???
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member

nope those are the bone stock H4 clear bulb halogens. i would say they are as bright as the valeos hid i used to have to my eyes. and better color render instead of everything looking washed out. i was shocked how good the light was esp on dark roads. halogen ftw!
Old 03-20-2007
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

the tails look good

do you like mine?

Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox, are those the same tails sold on passwordjdm?
Old 03-20-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

nope those are the bone stock H4 clear bulb halogens. i would say they are as bright as the valeos hid i used to have to my eyes. and better color render instead of everything looking washed out. i was shocked how good the light was esp on dark roads. halogen ftw!
attention everyone........this is a clear example of a man thats lost it...

hahaha.......

anyways i think its cuz this is obviously yellower, so its easier on teh eyes, and you see the yellow a bit more.....

you just cant explain it.....its almost impossible that ur stock halogens come lose to valeos (even though valeos arent the greatest projectors)

ive compared stock civic with my tsx retro, and boy, its like day and night....
Old 03-21-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Originally Posted by FALKEN
the tails look good

do you like mine?

WHats the difference?? THey look stock to me!!
Old 03-21-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

No way I could go back to halogen, now that I got my valeos. I admit projectors do look a bit tacky. Best compromise is retro in OEM housing. But the light output and the range that it goes can't be compared to halogen lights. I see everything 100X better.
Old 03-21-2007
Civicforums Junkie

Originally Posted by dru106
WHats the difference?? THey look stock to me!!
your right, they do look like the stock ones.

however, look closely and you will see that they have inserts that change the signals into amber signals
(theres also no side reflector)
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

those headlights really look like HID in that pic. ive never seen that kinda output from halogen. good find
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

maybe i got a special set? lol. they even have a semi-good cutoff. but really, i could not see hid light at all in the rain, today i could see everything, and the yellow fogs just add to it. driving with hid the light was brighter i wont lie, but the pure white really messed with my eyes and looked dim to me. the yellowish halogens are so much easier to see and they light up with a good range all around. i can even see further ahead compared to the hid projectors.

heres my reflector cut.

falkens tails are the first 01-02 jdm design, mine are the 03-05 design. and yea i got mine from passwordjdm. i like both, but for me the clear lenses match my clear heads and sidemarkers better.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point

always nice to see new pics of gearbox's car =) those tails are hot!
Old 03-21-2007
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road

Your Si's back on FTW. The wheels you have now look like they're 13"s.

Quick Reply: some new pics of sedan, comments?