Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Rims and Tires; Which sites are better?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SweetHondaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Rims and Tires; Which sites are better?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking at these wheels
These are Enkei Rsv's. I pretty sure I'm doing silver, because my car is a 2002 satin silver civic coupe. I think these would look pretty good. I'm not sure about tires though. I'm looking at two sites, wheelsnext.com and edgeracing.com. Wheelsnext.com is about 40 dollars cheaper, but the tires the rims come mounted with are nexen tires, I haven't really heard of them before. What I like with edgeracing.com is I get to pick the tires I want, I was thinking of going with Falken tires 215/45/17. What do you guy think, I would appreciate any feedback you can give.
Old 02-24-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I think those are good choices, the tires and the rims... Silver wheels on ssm is classy and looks nice and 17" wheels seem to be the best setup for our cars. A 45 offset is a good choice too b/c your guages will be correct, and the ride won't be quite as bad as a 40 offset
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
if ur looking for more options try wheelguys.com and wheelmax.com, they have some good wheel/tire packages.
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

Definitely going with the Enkei rims . . .

Thanks for the help guys. I'm definitely going with the silver Enkei's I think they would look pretty good. Has anyone ever heard of Nexen tires? I haven't decided which ones I want to get. wheelsnext has those brand tires as their only option, I called and had to ask a customer service rep. I can save 40 bucks by going with them. Or I can go with edgeracing and get the Falkens for a little more, I haven't really heard good things about nexen, but Falken I know
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
ive heard good things about edgeracing and their customer service. can hurt to talk to them to try and get a lower price!
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

civic7dotcom is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelsmax.com is known for bad customer service. My personal experience with them... not goot either. I went to their store, called them for directions on the way and hardly wanted to help! They told us it would be better if we ordered online.

As for edgeracing they usually have good prices on their tires.
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

edgeracing.com

I think I will probably order my rims from edgeracing.com. they seem to have the best deal on the rims I want and I like being able to chose my tires too. I'm probably going to go with the Falken tires. I've read reviews on here about the Falken Zeix 512 and they seem like good tires
Old 02-24-2007
Registered!!

edgeracing.com

I think I will probably order my rims from edgeracing.com. they seem to have the best deal on the rims I want and I like being able to chose my tires too. I'm probably going to go with the Falken tires. I've read reviews on here about the Falken Zeix 512 and they seem like good tires
Old 02-24-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
rims look good, call around and see the deals they can give you. i was shopping for rims too and best way is to call and talk to em.