Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

to people on air ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
to people on air ride

Anyone know how to make the airlift digital kit drop even lower on the front as it is kinda high the way the kit comes? I know a few people have done it... i thnik blackbullet has atleast. Anyone know what was done to achieve the lower drop in the front?
Old 02-16-2007
Registered!!

xschizx9 will become famous soon enough
well, I don't know exactly how smart it was cause he says it rides pretty bad now..

but i have a friend that cut the strut apart and took out an inch and then re-welded it back together... I don't know how good an idea it was.

I also was watching some mtv tuner challenge thing. and they cut the top mount of the strut tower out. welded in a round 1.5 extension and made a new top mount to get a honda to lay out farther on air cylinders.

I haven't done this, I wouldn't do it to my car, being a daily and all, but I guess with a show car people do things to have the "trickest" ride, and to each their own I guess.
Old 02-16-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
The first thing that came to mind was cutting and welding the bag seat position. Unfortunately of course, there's always that chance of it not lining up correctly. I think the answer to your question might lie within the upper chassis mount. Where something like a upper pillowball mount would normally go. I suppose you could grind it down, or modify the upper mount to make it lower.
Old 02-16-2007
Registered!!

xschizx9 will become famous soon enough
you'd need to make the upper mount higher too allow the bag to compress farther, and tuck the tire in more... lower would just make it even higher than it is... basically you'd have to get the top strut mount higher to make the car go lower.

I guess think of it as a suspension bodydrop.