Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

new exhaust on the way

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01EXGUY will become famous soon enough
new exhaust on the way

hey everyone, been a long time since i logged on, but i didn't forget where the love is..........anyways i just ordered my new exhaust system, the greddy evo2. i would just like to know from you guys that have this exhaust if you are happy with it and does it sound good, not too loud. i was also considering the skunk2 exhaust but went with the evo2 because of the great rep greddy has. the system will be here monday but i will not have time to put it on till next weekend. any comments would be appreciated
Old 02-09-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
with your DC header and SRI it should sound wonderful... at least on my friends vic (with same mods) it sounds awesome
Old 02-17-2007
Registered!!

hey guys, sorry to bring and old and dead thread back to life but i need to ask you something and i didnt want to start a new thread to ask one question. anyways i got my greddy evo2 system on and it looks and sounds great.... but it is pressed up against my kaminari rear lip (urethane) pretty tight. it is tight enough to make a squeaking noise while idling, but loose enough that i can move the system side to side. i wonder if this will cause my urethane lip to melt to the greddy tip? my other exhaust system i had was very very close to the lip but didnt touch it, and i never had any problems with it like melting or squeaking to the mufflers. im not sure about the melting point of the urethane but i think it is pretty high..........im not sure though. you guys think im safe or think i should pull out the dremel tool and start trimming on my rear bumber......which i would friggin hate to do. thanks for any help
Old 02-17-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Mine melted it a little on the underside, but you can't see it unless you squat down and look up close at it. I have the same exhaust and lip.
Old 02-18-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
did you install it yourself? is it clamped or welded together? dont trim your bumper, its better to adjust the height of the muffler. When mine was welded together the guy was able to leave enough space so the tip wasnt making any contact... if you leave it touching it will eventually melt
Old 02-18-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
get longer hangers for the axle back.
Old 02-18-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
I'm using the stock hangers, and mine doesn't touch the lip.
Old 02-18-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Honda2k4
did you install it yourself? is it clamped or welded together? dont trim your bumper, its better to adjust the height of the muffler. When mine was welded together the guy was able to leave enough space so the tip wasnt making any contact... if you leave it touching it will eventually melt
yes i installed it myself. it is a bolt on system of course. it only came in 2 sections, the mid pipe and the rear section that has the muffler on it. i installed it correctly by getting the system on there and making sure everything fit right and went where it should. then i started tightening the bolts starting at the front of the car and making my way towards the rear