Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

new suspension :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
And what's up with the HFP badges?? Nice tails, too.

Last edited by AmbulanceMonkee; 01-21-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

01civichfp is an unknown quantity at this point
lol i like the dual exhaust... i dont care what anyone says.

It's different, and it's not really affecting my horsepower or anything, and it sounds so good!

Tails... im gettin rid of those and gettin the stock ones. I'm just busy tryin to get my turbo set up. i'm not too worried about the looks at this very moment. But i am going to get the stock tails.

The HFP Badges... is because this is a limited edition hfp honda civic

It comes with performance suspension, carbon fiber dash kit, & usually hfp rims & hfp aero kit but unfortunately when i bought this from the dealer they didnt have the one with the rims & aero kit, but this was a steal, so i bought it anyways. I liked these rims better than the hfp & they were about 1500 dollars cheaper, annnd i liked the wings west aero kit and it was also about 1500 dollars cheaper so in total i saved about 3000 dollars lmao!

But it did come with an awesome suspension, until one of the struts blew, and i changed the whole deal and it's been amazing cruising ever since.

I think my car looks good, it looks really good right now, cuz of the lowering & the new jdm yellow fogs.

i promise to have those new pics up on tuesday ok!

Enjoy
-Joe
01 Civic HFP
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

Smile Long Awaited!! New Pictures!!!

Before:

After:

Once again, i have KYB AGX 4-Way Adjust. Struts & The Eibach Sportline Springs

Enjoy! and give me some feedback!

oh btw... i couldnt get the new tires today... but i didnt wanna keep you waiting so i posted these pics up... but once i get new tires i'll post up some new pics!

-Joe
01' Civic HFP

Last edited by 01civichfp; 01-23-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Cars looks real nice loose the ricer tails tho. Those rims flow nice with the car
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

Thanks man! im gettin the stock tails asap!

-Joe
Old 01-23-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Car looks alright. Kit looks pretty good. Don't really like the tail lights, but I guess you already said your getting rid of them though. Rims are decent. Wheel gap is still there, but everyone has their own opinions on how much wheel gap is good for them. However it does look a lot better with drop.

btw, I still want to see that video of you drive @ 90 mph, and making a turn with ease. I'm still waiting for that.
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point
dude i believe the guy made a 90 mph turn if i can do it he can too and i made mine at 101
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks really nice. i never liked the wings west kit but on that it looks really nice maybe its the colour of your car. Rims are nice too they flow really nicely. As for making turns at 90mph how sharp was that turn lol. I mean its one thing on an on ramp and another at lets say a stop sign. Anyways keep the ride clean.
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

What?

Originally Posted by phuviano
Car looks alright. Kit looks pretty good. Don't really like the tail lights, but I guess you already said your getting rid of them though. Rims are decent. Wheel gap is still there, but everyone has their own opinions on how much wheel gap is good for them. However it does look a lot better with drop.

btw, I still want to see that video of you drive @ 90 mph, and making a turn with ease. I'm still waiting for that.
Car looks alright? I'm pretty sure u have a civic too, so i guess yours looks alright too...

I got a bigger series tire, which eliminated the gap, i'll have pics up tomarrow.

and i'll get that video up for you... and thanks junior! i mean come on, it's not that hard, u just have to be able to handle your car man...

Originally Posted by Junior H.M
dude i believe the guy made a 90 mph turn if i can do it he can too and i made mine at 101
btw the turns aren't like 90 degree turns they are more like 30 or 40 degrees, so they are kinda wide but u still have to be able to maintain your car goin 90 degrees and stay in your lane.

Thanks for the comments guys.
-Joe
01 Civic HFP
Old 01-23-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
hey 01CIVICHFP.......what kinda sides/rear is that......

i like them.......

have you thought of getting some eyelids...?

actually lookin at ur kit, you should REALLY REALLY get a carbon fiber front splitter...
(aka front diffuser)

it would flow with ur front lip REALLY well
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hey 01CIVICHFP.......what kinda sides/rear is that......

i like them.......

have you thought of getting some eyelids...?

actually lookin at ur kit, you should REALLY REALLY get a carbon fiber front splitter...
(aka front diffuser)

it would flow with ur front lip REALLY well
They are BF Goodrich 205/50 17

I just got some Dunlop 205/50 17 for the fronts and there is NO gap, it scrubs a lil if a i take a 90 degree turn to fast but it doesnt bother me.

i want some eye lids, but idk how they'd look with my car... i've yet to see any that i like...

and i think that the splitters be pretty sick too, but idk where i can find any... i also want a cf hood...

help me out with some links, and i may just follow your advice cuz i think the same... thanks man.

-Joe
01' Civic HFP
Old 01-23-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
you really need to fix up the rear, tails and dual exhaust looks really stupid
Old 01-23-2007

Originally Posted by junior h.m
without a doubt in my mind, I know he can do it. However he said he did it without even feeling it. How can you make a turn @ 90 mph and not feel it.

I'm pretty sure you felt the turn when you took it at 101.

Originally Posted by 01civichfp
i can take turns goin 90 and cant even feel it
This is the quote I took from his other post.
Old 01-23-2007

Originally Posted by 01civichfp
btw the turns aren't like 90 degree turns they are more like 30 or 40 degrees, so they are kinda wide but u still have to be able to maintain your car goin 90 degrees and stay in your lane.
I'm pretty sure turns are 90 degrees, not 30 degrees. That's more like a bend in the road, and not a turn. I could care less about doing 90 mph in a bend.

If my car could do 190, I could do that in a bend too.
Old 01-23-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Way to edit out the pics of the rear of your car after people ripped on your tails and dual exhaust. I wanna see that ****.
Old 01-23-2007

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
Way to edit out the pics of the rear of your car after people ripped on your tails and dual exhaust. I wanna see that ****.
here you go

Old 01-23-2007

Get rid of those tails immediately. And WTF is up with the dual exhaust??
Old 01-23-2007

Get rid of those tails immediately. And WTF is up with the dual exhaust??
LOL... I agree with that. I posted that his car was alright, and he gets offended. I guess that's what happens when uncle ben's does a makeover on your rear of your car.

The rest of the car looks alright though.
Old 01-23-2007

that is one fugly rear, i think the dual exhaust helps with the VtAk
Old 01-23-2007

It does. But, it reminds me of my buddy's g/f. From the front, she's cute as hell, but, when she turns around she has a HUGE ***. His car looks fine, till you see it's ***.
Old 01-24-2007

Old 01-24-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
all this site does is flame people. to his his own. dont mind them. your car looks good bro. i agree with the others as well about the exhaust and tails though. just stop being such an *** about everything. you know who you are.
Old 01-24-2007
Registered!!

Thumbs up More pics!!

Originally Posted by caquinde
all this site does is flame people. to his his own. dont mind them. your car looks good bro. i agree with the others as well about the exhaust and tails though. just stop being such an *** about everything. you know who you are.
ppreciate it man,

i just take it as constructive criticism... because i totally agree with the tails.

I'm the first owner of this car... and lets all just admit when fast & furious came out, we were all into the big body kits & euro tails and such... at least i have a decent lookin lip kit... no big body kit on this baby... i kept it clean for the most part except my tails...

And if my tails are such a big deal, why dont you guys help me find some horseshoe tails for my car... cuz i cant find a pair, only single tails on ebay... and everyone on here has the 04-05 tails for sale, and i'd rather get the horseshoe tails for mine, since it's stock on my car... come on, you dont like em' so much, help me change the error of my ways... lol, no seriously tho, i cant find em' so help me out!

As for the dual exhaust, i like it... it sounds amazing, it doesnt sound so ricey it has more of growl, no bumble bee's in this exhaust!!

But i have a t3-t4 garrett turbo sittin in my garage, and once that bad boy gets put in my car, i may take off the Y pipe... and stick with one. and have it coming out at an angle... but idk we'll see.

and like caquinde said... to each his own. i drive the car, not you guys... so i appreciate the construtive criticism but if i want the dual exhaust im gonna keep it, im not gonna change it cuz a bunch of guys on civic forums dont like it, if i change it it's going to be because it's gonna be the best for my car performance wise... because right now im being told it's not affecting me at all, it just sounds really good.

But thanks for the advise guys, i will take everything into consideration.

Well...

new pics with the new tires!!

I ended up gettin Dunlop 205/50 17 in the front, i still have the BF in the back, but im gonna get the back ones changed next week!

Check out Neujen.com!
-Joe
01' Civic HFP

Last edited by 01civichfp; 01-24-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

abarab is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, got a problem, for some reason my right front suspension has been making a lot of poping noises when a I turn, come to a stop, and when i start rolling. I don't know what the hell it is, I can't think of anything but springs, I cant even tell where exactly it's coming from, i've had many ppl look at it and they dont know either. I've replaced the front knuckles, shocks, upper pillar mounts, bearings. I don't know what else to replace or look at...any suggestions???
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
yeah pics.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

pics of what? the suspension? like i said, i've looked at it, had professionals look at it, and friends look at it. you cant tell just by looking at it, i cant even tell where the noise is coming from other then that side of the suspension. it's weird, you can feel it too in the steering wheel and pedals, and when you place your hand on the suspension when turing the wheel, you feel it most. but when you place your hand on the left side, you dont feel or hear it at all. No it's not rack and pinion, and it's not power steering or anything else, it's that right front suspension.
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

popping noise...?

Originally Posted by abarab
pics of what? the suspension? like i said, i've looked at it, had professionals look at it, and friends look at it. you cant tell just by looking at it, i cant even tell where the noise is coming from other then that side of the suspension. it's weird, you can feel it too in the steering wheel and pedals, and when you place your hand on the suspension when turing the wheel, you feel it most. but when you place your hand on the left side, you dont feel or hear it at all. No it's not rack and pinion, and it's not power steering or anything else, it's that right front suspension.
MINE DOES THE SAME THING!!!

That's so weird... and they told me it was from a blown strut, so i changed the spring & strut... and it fixed it. it does it every once in a while, but it's not too bad. So idk what's wrong with it.

My friend who goes to school says it's an axle, but im not sure... what do you think?

-Joe
01' Civic HFP
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

well, i have a k20 in mine, im using gsr axle on the right, but i've had the swap for three years now, and it just started doing it about a year and half ago, since then i've been doing nothing but asking ppl, having ppl look at it, and replacing things, the only thing i can think of is the springs. as in the coils grinding agains each other, but why wouldn't the other side do it? i contacted eibach, i have the sportlines, and they said i'd have to send it in to warranty it. and the only wy they would warranty it is they would test it first, and if nothings wrong with it (according to them) then they would send it stright back. Problem is...that takes about a week for them to test it and how the hell would i drive my car then?! I have school and work, it's my only way of transportation. how gay is that?!
Old 01-25-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
abarab, got pics of ur car with the swap?
Old 01-25-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
It does. But, it reminds me of my buddy's g/f. From the front, she's cute as hell, but, when she turns around she has a HUGE ***. His car looks fine, till you see it's ***.
cute and huge ***......ummm and her huge *** is bad why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Quick Reply: new suspension :)