Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Next up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TrAvIs 05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Next up?

Ok, so my 02 LX standard sedan is completely stock except for the AEM short ram intake that i put in yesterday. I'm not sure what i want to do next. Magnaflow catback exhaust, Eibach springs (1 inch lower), Revo short shifter, or Ingall's engine torque damper. Right now i'm just looking at spending about $400 so i can't really just get it all at once. Is there something i should get first and is there any negatives to any of the things i've named? The only things i'm worried about are wheel rub from the springs and the "vibrations" that some people say are pretty bad from the damper.
Old 01-14-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
I'd start working on the suspension before anything else. If your road conditions aren't absolutely horrible, I'd consider dropping it at least 1.5" on sportlines if you're set on going with eibach springs. Then get your camber kit as well, install it all, get an alignment, and that's probably around 400 bucks.
Old 01-14-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
suspension
Old 01-14-2007
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by beadebaserr
I'd start working on the suspension before anything else. If your road conditions aren't absolutely horrible, I'd consider dropping it at least 1.5" on sportlines if you're set on going with eibach springs. Then get your camber kit as well, install it all, get an alignment, and that's probably around 400 bucks.
what he said...
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
sup. revo ss, wheels.
Old 01-17-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
You should maybe check out some coilovers depending on how deep your pockets go. That way you get good handling with adjustability and the ability to raise or lower your car as needed.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
suspension is your best bet. and don't touch the engine. just go swap instead of header, intake and ish.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Well, i just bought the car (payin' it off) and it's really just something reliable for college so i'm not changing anything major right now. I figure intake (already got it), cat-back, short shifter, tint, keyless entry, rims, head/tail lights, front lip, and maybe WAY down the road a suspension upgrade with some good stuff. Right now i've decided i'm getting the short shifter and next week i'm suppose to get scheduled for my tint and hopefully keyless entry also. Then like mid-february i'm gunna get the magnaflow cat-back. After that it's just gunna be stuff for looks.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough
suspension..n dnt buy da cheap $300 coilovers its guna cost problems.. go wit springs and shocks
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
suspension first....we have a groups buy goin on for tokico blues for $325 shipped they are usually around $500 so id recommend gettin some unless ur gonna go full coilovers but thats more than u wana spend right now
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Why does suspension seem to be so important for an every day driver? I go less than a mile to school and less than a mile to work and it's like completely straight roads. I know that having all the power in the world is pointless if you can't control it, but an 02 lx isn't very powerful... ha.