Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Would this mod be good for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTecCivic1505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Would this mod be good for me?

hey i have a 2002 Civic EX and a friend of mine offered to sell me a Apexi VAFC im not sure if its the I or II. I was wondering if i get this installed and dyno tunned on my car if its worth the trouble. My current setup is AEM V2 Intake , 2.25 Exhaust, HP Racing 4-1 headers with High flow cat. For right now this is what i have and maybe turbo setup in the future. I was just wondering some things and i know i would search but dont have the time need to give him a answer asap cause he has other buyers lined up.
- anyone this this is a smart thing to do.
- if this is smart to put on should i put on fuel injectors first and tune it with them?
- and how much of a difference should i expect

thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
how much would it cost you? you'd probably put down an extra 10hp with it and your current setup, whether or not that small amount of power is worth the cost of the unit + the tune is up to you. the stock injectors would be adequate for your current setup.
Old 01-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If you have plans of boost, dont waste your time/money. Just jump on an emanage now so you have it for later. Without boost e-manage will do a little, with boost, it'll work far better than an AFC will.
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough
woah woah woah stop right there, u said 10 hp for that set-up? did u mean the AFC w/all his parts? or 10 hp just from a AFC??

HEY WAT ABOUT NOS, do i need a e-manage then?
Old 01-06-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
did i not say "with your current setup"? read dude..
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
If you have plans of boost, dont waste your time/money. Just jump on an emanage now so you have it for later. Without boost e-manage will do a little, with boost, it'll work far better than an AFC will.
I was thinking about doing that but i head its also alot of money to first of all buy the emange and then to tune it its alot more money cause there is so much more work involved. idk if this is true or not but thats what i heard. also do u mean to get emange or emange ultimate
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by skipbarber
how much would it cost you? you'd probably put down an extra 10hp with it and your current setup, whether or not that small amount of power is worth the cost of the unit + the tune is up to you. the stock injectors would be adequate for your current setup.
My friend is selling me the vtec controller for $150
Old 01-06-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
its pretty useless... i have a VAFC II and used it to tune my turbo.. i wish i woulda saved my money and went with an emanage..
Old 01-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
its pretty useless... i have a VAFC II and used it to tune my turbo.. i wish i woulda saved my money and went with an emanage..
how was it when your car was NA.....like noticable difference ?
Old 01-06-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VTecCivic1505
I was thinking about doing that but i head its also alot of money to first of all buy the emange and then to tune it its alot more money cause there is so much more work involved. idk if this is true or not but thats what i heard. also do u mean to get emange or emange ultimate

Spend it now or spend it later. Tuning will cost more because its considered engine management not an AFC, but the tune will also work better. Blue box, black box, whatever... I don't know what extras the EmU has, but the blue box works fine.
Old 01-06-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VTecCivic1505
how was it when your car was NA.....like noticable difference ?
never used it n/a.. but if its not that great tuning a turbo, i doubt it'll do any good for n/a applications..