Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Revo Short Shifter, Anyone got it???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Revo Short Shifter, Anyone got it???

Saw a picture of a revo short shifter, just wondering if anyone knows anything about it???? Thinking of getting one!!!!
It replaces the whole shift assembly, not a short shift adapter!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...61886671QQrdZ1

Last edited by civydcex; 12-10-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, a forums is a database of information. I hate answering NOOB (this is you if u don't know) questions. A simple search, and 10% use of your brain will get you your answer. If your to lazy to search...anyone who reads my post don't answer his question. Make him work for it. Lazy bastard....

Otherwise, good luck with the revo!
Old 12-10-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
amen......at least its not another intake question...
Old 12-10-2006
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
about 80% of forum members have it, it's everywhere.
Old 12-10-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
it works like a charm

here's where i got mine from
http://robearracing.com/pd_revo.cfm
Old 12-10-2006
Banned

tsudocivic2k4 can only hope to improve
How is the installing it part? I herd u have to like unlink the tranny. please give me some info on it.
Old 12-10-2006
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
disconnect the shifting cables from the old one, unbolt, pull out old one, remove bushings, put bushing on revo, put in revo, bolt it down, reattach shifting cables, reinstall center console, take it for a test drive

for better results, lube it up a bit.. i used some white lithium grease and its worked for about 1.5-2 years
Old 12-10-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
I have the RSX 5 spd REVO. It's about the same height as our stock **** and takes off about 1 inch of throw in each gear... so like 2 inches total.
Old 12-10-2006
Banned

tsudocivic2k4 can only hope to improve
So how hard out of 5 is the difficulty to install this?
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well i'd say it's harder to install for 03 & up (i have an 03) cuz i didn't know what the hell i was doing... so i'd rate it like 3.5
Old 12-10-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by JB Dizzle
well i'd say it's harder to install for 03 & up (i have an 03) cuz i didn't know what the hell i was doing... so i'd rate it like 3.5
how is it harder? just curious..
its a pretty simple install.. so i'd say.. 1-2? if you know where all the screws and bolts holding down (there's 2 plastic clips in the front, 2 bolts in the back, and 2 screws under the black pocket piece, i think..) the center console and you know how to use a wrench/screwdriver..

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 12-10-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
my install took me about 15 minutes FLAT. Seriously... it's like unbolting/screwing like 8 things, disconnecting 2 cables, putting on some grease and rebolting/screwing everything. A post higher up stated this perfectly.
Old 12-10-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
even after 3 years, im still happy with mine
Old 12-11-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by civydcex
Saw a picture of a revo short shifter, just wondering if anyone knows anything about it???? Thinking of getting one!!!!
It replaces the whole shift assembly, not a short shift adapter!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...61886671QQrdZ1
no one has heard of Revo on 7thgen!

j/k, get it and be happy! 1 of the more worthy mods!
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

jjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the revo ss, im defenitely happy with it. its a good buy.
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
the hardest part of the install is removing your center console from between you seats. this also happens to be the most time consuming as well. super easy mod.

like boggie1688 said, try searching or else prepare to get flamed on.
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Just like always, a bunch of usless posts by a bunch of ignorant people!!!
So sorry 7th gen gods!!! I forgot I cant ask for advise directly I have to search. Sorry for bugging everyone, once again!!!
A simple, "It's a great mod", or, "It sucks" would have been sufficent, but no, everyone had to flame once again!!!
Some people are just dicks!!!
Even noobs are flaming^^^^^
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey man I liked this post. The problem is all the old heads on here have been through this before so when they see it again they get annoyed. Yes, there are tons of threads out there but I know that was not the intention of you to resurrect an old topic. When this site came out I never had money to mod so I never had to read those old threads. Now I have money to buy things but ppl aren't talking about the same parts and the new search button isn't like the way it used to be so it makes it harder to find what you're looking for. Don't sweat it man. But I do thank you for this post bc I'm in the market for a short shifter too.
Old 12-11-2006
Administrator
Administrator

searching for **** is a bitch... thats why i [usually] dont flame on **** like this..
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

korhk is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had the Revo ss for about 2 years.. still awesome.. by the way, i'd recommend getting a skunk 2 **** with it.. perfect combo i'd say and the install would be easy.. just look up some diy section and you'd be find =)
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Hey man I liked this post. The problem is all the old heads on here have been through this before so when they see it again they get annoyed. Yes, there are tons of threads out there but I know that was not the intention of you to resurrect an old topic. When this site came out I never had money to mod so I never had to read those old threads. Now I have money to buy things but ppl aren't talking about the same parts and the new search button isn't like the way it used to be so it makes it harder to find what you're looking for. Don't sweat it man. But I do thank you for this post bc I'm in the market for a short shifter too.
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
searching for **** is a bitch... thats why i [usually] dont flame on **** like this..
I do appreciate the input guys, Thank You!!! The search does suck now!!!
I thought it was a good topic, havent seen anything on it yet myself. I will get one regardless just because the price is so good. Allready had the dc adapter and am not satisfied with it. **** it cost about the same as the Revo so what the hell
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
When you get it please post up your experiences.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
When you get it please post up your experiences.

I will bro!!!!
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

korn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
i rate 2
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
I have the RSX 5 spd REVO. It's about the same height as our stock **** and takes off about 1 inch of throw in each gear... so like 2 inches total.
I have the RSX one too. Is their any differences between the civic and rsx one? Either way great mod.
Old 01-03-2007
Registered!!

Eclectic is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, it's been a while since i have been here. but i remember that a fellow member here had a website in which he had a deal that included the revo short shifter with aluminum bushings for about $105 (includes shipping).

just wondering, who was that member again? or what was the link of his site?

thanks again!
Old 01-03-2007
Administrator
Administrator

capyoda sold the aluminum bushings

King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.

same **** on that site for the same price.. i paid 16 for mine..
Old 01-03-2007
Registered!!

gipperkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kornsined
I have the RSX one too. Is their any differences between the civic and rsx one? Either way great mod.
I was wondering the same thing. Input anyone?
Old 01-03-2007
Administrator
Administrator

i'm pretty sure the 5 speed rsx and the civic coupe/sedan shifters are the same..
Old 01-03-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Nig is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a great mod worth the money I got mine from autodynamic.com

Quick Reply: Revo Short Shifter, Anyone got it???