Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Winter Parts Collection Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
My Winter Parts Collection Thread

Okay here's the second thing I wanna do this spring. Swap in a 04/05 coupe grill molding w/ aftermarket black mesh into a sedan. I haven't seen anyone around whom has done this on a sedan, was wondering if anyone has had any experience . Does the molding just pop in? Do I need the whole coupe grille? plz see the pic below...

Grill would go instead of what I have now...

LIST---> Click image for larger version

Name:	14s5p01_b4501.gif
Views:	241
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	68978 Click image for larger version

Name:	car 025.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	68777 Click image for larger version

Name:	car 031.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	68778
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sig4.jpg
Views:	7399
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	69142  

Last edited by Kevbotron; 01-04-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i dont think that changing your headlights constitutes as "tuning"...
Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
wow, how fitting for your title jk
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
uh...cool headlights. I guess, don't really get what was said tho.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
nice. I am not sure if thats tuning but congrats on the headlights
Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

^thanks man...

OK OK it's not tuning sheesh, next is gonna be a coupe grill molding w/ black mesh
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
i might want them so i can black those out and not **** up mine lol
Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

^right dude, I was in that same boat... i'll sell em' to you tho
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

$10?
Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

SOLD!
Old 12-04-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Kevbotron
SOLD!
ahh damn i was gonna give u $10.01
Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

too late they are in the mail
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

lol oh well
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
riight.. lets see i need stock tires for winter! thats my tuning experience
Old 12-04-2006
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
either thats alot of silicone or you were really happy when your saw your headlights
Old 12-04-2006
I like my commute

^ better to have more than less right?

oh and I didn't get that excited
Old 12-19-2006
I like my commute

for pg.1..
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

slowcivic2die4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kevbotron
Okay here's the second thing I wanna do this spring. Swap in a 04/05 coupe grill molding w/ aftermarket black mesh into a sedan. I haven't seen anyone around whom has done this on a sedan, was wondering if anyone has had any experience . Does the molding just pop in? Do I need the whole coupe grille? plz see the pic below...

Grill would go instead of what I have now...

LIST---> Attachment 68978 Attachment 68777 Attachment 68778

It will work. All you need is the lip and honeycome grille. U have to take the front bumper off and it snaps right in. I went from coupe grille to sedan grille. Very easy !!!!
Old 12-19-2006
I like my commute

^thx man, so I need the whole coupe grille? not just the lower molding? I wanted to use some black mesh instead of the honeycomb
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
if all youre wanting is black mesh, you dont need anything. unless youre still wanting the honda emblem and ****. i habe an 05 coupe and i pulled out the whole grill and put powdercoated black mesh in mine. lets see if i can find pics....... searching........... ah ha my car thread you probable wont be able to see the mesh, but you get the idea.

EDIT: probably would help if my domain wasnt expired.

Last edited by _unclejuice; 12-19-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2006
I like my commute

^hrmm I know, but I want the molding of the coupe w/ the mesh behind it w/o the honeycomb..... ya no pix
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
let me get a pic of mine up. just a sec
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

my baby
you can actually see the mesh in this one

EDIT: nevermind those fogged up headlights. i fixed those yesterday.
Old 12-19-2006
I like my commute

yes, exactly what I wanna do, but I need the lower part, the molding... How did you mount the mesh, wire ties? and where did you get the mesh?
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

i used the original screws that hold the original grille to the molding. mesh can be picked up just about anywhere. and by molding, you are speaking of the little piece of white trim below the grille, right? wire ties? wtf is that? not on my car.
Old 12-19-2006
I like my commute

^yahhh the molding being the trim under the mesh is what I need, I dont think I would need to buy the rest of the coupe grill What did you do w/ the splash guard? maybe I can use the one from the sedan grill
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

if the splash guard is the black piece over the radiator, i didnt use it.
Old 12-20-2006
I like my commute

cool well I appreciate your help man, have some rep
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

no problem man. good to see atleast one person around here who doesnt think im a complete *******. by the way, if youre looking to do this, i think ive still got the template i made for the mesh so i didnt wreck a ton of mesh makin it. if you need it and ive still got it i can send it your way.

EDIT: why wont your molding work? is it all one piece or something?

Last edited by _unclejuice; 12-20-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2006
I like my commute

That would be AWESOME, yeah I have the feeling I could go through quite a bit of mesh lol... yeah the sedan grill is one peice, I could cut around the black part see below... but it won't look as good as just the coupe molding.

Quick Reply: My Winter Parts Collection Thread