Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Turbo Installed Now Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
ok everyone..... i threw a rod in my #1 cyl so i need a block, and mon i should be getting some go fast parts from dezod
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
ouch that sucks, this is costing you a shitload of money lol
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
^You cant make an omlet without breakin some eggs, good luck with the build.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
not really dude. block is only gunna cost $150-$300.. i just need a block no pistons or rods. cuz i dont need them garbage OEM ones..
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by puidokas
^You cant make an omlet without breakin some eggs, good luck with the build.
hell yeah dude.. but this dident happen from the tubo so its all good. my car keep over heatin even before turbo, and it warped my rings and **** and they finaly broke. so not im gunna fix the over heatin problem and get the bottom end and clutch in and be ready for that 14.5 psi spring for my tial wg, and me and chris are gunna have 2 figure out something for the injectors and im gunna have him tune it proably
Old 11-24-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Your motor was surely weak anyways all in all its all good ... Boost with a tight engine
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

yup i dont mind. i was planin on buildin the motor anyone some day, it just came fast then i thought.. owell can u say 250+ whp comein soon?
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
just out of curiousity..if you were having overheating problems before, did you think it would run cooler after turbo? cause anyone knows that a byproduct of compression is heat...hence the need for intercooling and upgrading cooling capacity...
Old 11-24-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
that sucks, but it's awesome too. can't wait to see how much you put out with the new internals. I hope i don't have any problems, but like you said your's wasnt running right before, so that was probably it. it just couldn't take the extra power from the turbo.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
just out of curiousity..if you were having overheating problems before, did you think it would run cooler after turbo? cause anyone knows that a byproduct of compression is heat...hence the need for intercooling and upgrading cooling capacity...
umm do i look dumb? lol i know it would not make it better, i just never got around 2 gettin the new water pump, so thats gunna be done now, and i might get the koyo radiator also.. and i dident really care if they motor was gunna blow or w/e cuz this is all free for me so w/e my parents got loot ***** haha love bein in a rich family
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
just cause you can burn money doesn't mean you should...i got an idea, you can start a "buy tuningmycivic a turbo fund"..i'll be home to collect in January

rofl

seriously though, you should have known something like this would happen, so why not just build it from the beginning? no need to do the work twice...
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ex2k3
that sucks, but it's awesome too. can't wait to see how much you put out with the new internals. I hope i don't have any problems, but like you said your's wasnt running right before, so that was probably it. it just couldn't take the extra power from the turbo.
yeah me2.. and i dont really think i should have any problems since its just pistons, rods, clutch, and head studs... but i might go all out and get all the new Ti head work from dezod also since the motor will be apart anyway. and im not installin this stuff i got a machanic 2 do it all.. and i would be happy with 275-295 whp.. chris said i should be around that with 14-16 psi or so. im proably gunna have him tune the car 4 me. cuz i still need PCS so send me ANOTHER wire harness that the computer cable works so i can tune it and ish on the lap top
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

just cause you can burn money doesn't mean you should...i got an idea, you can start a "buy tuningmycivic a turbo fund"..i'll be home to collect in January

rofl

seriously though, you should have known something like this would happen, so why not just build it from the beginning? no need to do the work twice...
what work was done twice there bud? idiot its not like i belew my motor b4 i went turbo and knew i was goin tubo and build it with OEM stuff, and now im buildin it with all forged.. damn dude. i just dident think it was happend in 2days.. and why shouldent i burn the $? not many people on here have a built D17 and there is no1 turbo and no1 built d17 around here so im the first for everything on a 7th gen in my area
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

rofl

and why would i start a fund 4 you when ur runin ur mouth dude
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
someone's got a temper...damn man calm down
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

^ in case you missed it, that was sarcasm....

and just to clarify, you're the only one running your mouth. You boosted your car with known overheating issues and then drove around with an "ok" tune. I'm just saying i'm not surprised you threw a rod, but i didn't think it'd only be a couple days either. Having overheated the car before, and knowing that our cars have aluminum heads (which by the way warp a hell of a lot quicker than iron ones, duh) you should've had the block and head decked at the least, just to be sure there was no warpage.

You however, took the easy (read cheap, quick, however you want to) way out and boosted anyway. now you're paying for it. some of us work for a living and scrounge and scrimp to be able to mod our cars as we see fit. I'm not calling you stupid, dumb, lazy, or w/e. just stating that, since you're not really paying for all of the stuff you're getting done (your words) there's no reason not to do it the right way from the beginning. if you can't understand or live with that, PM me and we'll continue from there.

i was happy for you and your efforts to be boosted with your d17. but i can tell you that you won't be the first of the last to blow a motor because of a rush job. Hopefully, you'll see the error of your ways and learn from this experience. If not, my words have fallen on deaf ears and you won't hear from me again.

my .02...keep the change
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

lol nah im just sayin cuz i get pissed fast and u were bein all like oh did u think turboin it would cool it down.. so w/e and i work a full time job a BJ's whole sale i do over night stock i work 5days a week 10 at night till 6 in the mornin. but i work over time so 40hrs + about 10hrs over time so 50 hrs a week or so. i make $11.50 an hr and i just started workin there 3weeks ago so. all that $ goes into my gas and dumb ****. and the turbo kit was not cheap if i would have went the cheap way on the kit i would have got the TSI kit lol.. but i did pay $1,500 of the kit so i pay a lil when i wanna... but w/e im goin 2 work bye eveyone.. if anyone has a D17 ex block for sale let me know i need 1 ASAP cuz i wanna get this all done in less then a month
Old 11-24-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Hey Matt sorry you having trouble.
Is all about learning from your mistakes and is a sure thing that ppl will point that out right of way.
Don't let that irritate you, I get it all the time.
Something I learned is to do your engine and cooling work prior of installing your turbo kit I drove my car on low compresion pistons for ahwile witch made it even slower, I never blew an engine or a rod for that very reason, I did blew two head gaskets cause the pistons walked while boosting 12psi, the only way to avoid that is to install the block guard, ARP studs and for the cooling problem a koyo radiator and a thin pusher fan.

Your system is very nice and I hope you'll over come and don't give up.
I'l be pushing 350whp soon on 16psi not 20psi (our heads can't hold that much ) may be 18psi on a build motor and ported head.
It took me 3 years to do so, just be glad you have the funds and perseverance.
Good luck bud.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
man just buy a 240sx and go from there.. thats what im doing soon as i get the loot. maybe next year..
see the thing is 240sx can go a hell of alot faster then my civic and for cheap too...i also want to tokyo drift baby!!! hahahahaah see you when u get back tuningmycivic
Old 11-24-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
If you are gonna go that far with it, you best just get the AEM EMS. I'm not saying the PCS isnt good, its just second rate to the AEM. IMO, if you are going most of the way, why not go a lil further and have much more room to grow.

Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
yeah me2.. and i dont really think i should have any problems since its just pistons, rods, clutch, and head studs... but i might go all out and get all the new Ti head work from dezod also since the motor will be apart anyway. and im not installin this stuff i got a machanic 2 do it all.. and i would be happy with 275-295 whp.. chris said i should be around that with 14-16 psi or so. im proably gunna have him tune the car 4 me. cuz i still need PCS so send me ANOTHER wire harness that the computer cable works so i can tune it and ish on the lap top
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
umm do i look dumb? lol i know it would not make it better, i just never got around 2 gettin the new water pump, so thats gunna be done now, and i might get the koyo radiator also.. and i dident really care if they motor was gunna blow or w/e cuz this is all free for me so w/e my parents got loot ***** haha love bein in a rich family

DUDE if you mommy and daddy are rich why the hell did are you wasting your time on a d17? I hope your realize that by time your done building your d17 to maybe get 280 whp along with 0 traction, You could have done a k24 swap and boost and have 400+ whp+6spd tranny.

have fun
Old 11-24-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
yeah is kinda strange if you have money to get a swap, but some people want to build the motor that came with the car and see where they can take it just because. It's not always about having the highest numbers period, just want to go all out with what you have
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

tavdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
But with what you said it also gives you pride in knowing that YOU spent the money that YOU earned to get the car the way you want it, not just sucking the money from others. So then who should really get the credit for the car? Certainly not the one that only had to order the parts. That's how i feel anyways... I bought my car back in 2003 when i just turned 19. Up until now i am still paying on it but i get pride in knowing that i have worked to earn that car.
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tavdawg
But with what you said it also gives you pride in knowing that YOU spent the money that YOU earned to get the car the way you want it, not just sucking the money from others. So then who should really get the credit for the car? Certainly not the one that only had to order the parts. That's how i feel anyways... I bought my car back in 2003 when i just turned 19. Up until now i am still paying on it but i get pride in knowing that i have worked to earn that car.
well said well said
Old 11-25-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
good luck with the build man, sucks to see the motor blow.
but dont act like its nothing cuz ur parents have money...thats not a responible or grown up way to handle the situation.

Originally Posted by soldierboi
man just buy a 240sx and go from there.. thats what im doing soon as i get the loot. maybe next year..
see the thing is 240sx can go a hell of alot faster then my civic and for cheap too...i also want to tokyo drift baby!!! hahahahaah see you when u get back tuningmycivic
ya to bad u will blow a tranny or the motor..
240's arent the god of cars...i
if you what cheap speed...get a foxbody mustang and turbo...run 9s for under 6k. Show me a 240 that can do that without blowing up
Old 11-25-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^We'd like a car that isn't assosciate with the Stone Age or with rust
Old 11-25-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^We'd like a car that isn't assosciate with the Stone Age or with rust
LMAO...well 240s r just as old as the foxbody..so ya

gg
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by s0ltker
LMAO...well 240s r just as old as the foxbody..so ya

gg
ka-t.org talk to those guys and u might change ur mind. besides if u blow the motor ..the engine is not that expensive ...at least the ka24 isnt but the sr is kinda expensive ...i dont know its really up to u what u want to do ..i know what i want so take this
Old 11-25-2006
- hella tite y0 -

Originally Posted by soldierboi
ka-t.org talk to those guys and u might change ur mind. besides if u blow the motor ..the engine is not that expensive ...at least the ka24 isnt but the sr is kinda expensive ...i dont know its really up to u what u want to do ..i know what i want so take this
lol theres no ka24 thats gonna run 9s for under 6k, and that includes the cost of the car too. Besides if the motor blows...then its not a very good build or motor
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by s0ltker
lol theres no ka24 thats gonna run 9s for under 6k, and that includes the cost of the car too. Besides if the motor blows...then its not a very good build or motor
****** ****er *** licking piece of **** dick sucking ****!! haha joking ..most motors the blows are the stock one and the one that are not built right. like i said its really up to u. i know what i want to do so take this

Quick Reply: Turbo Installed Now Rebuild