Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Kaminari questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Kaminari questions

I have a few questions on the Kaminari kit:

1. Are the sides and rear urethane?
2. Is the urethane process they use really up to, or exceeding, OEM standards?
3. How hard it is to install these kits, since they brag so much about quality & fitment?
4. What does everyone think of how it looks?

RHCP has the sedan front, right? Love the look cause its so original. Maybe he can pop in here to answer.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
its the best kit they make 4 our car, i think and, most people on here think.. yes its urethane. and u can do it with the help of a friend in a few hrs
Old 10-03-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Thats great news. The extra 2 or 3 hundred spent on the kit are worth the quality I guess then. Especially in the fitment.
The only problem is my rear bumper is hell and needs to be repaired (scrathches and small dents) and repainted on top of the kit. So it would be 2 bumpers, 2 side skirts, and a read lip all getting painted. thats gunna hurt my wallet, especially considering i can't even afford the kit itself yet.
start saving now i guess.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
you gettin the lip in the front or u doin the full bumper?
Old 10-03-2006

full front bumper. after the scratching/nearly killing of my front bumper its done.
Old 10-03-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i am not going to say the best.....but its very good imo. my front bumper fits perfect, no gaprs around lights, grille, or anything. sides are okay but i have the coupe ones that go up around the doors so they are a little harder than the sedan ones to put on, nad the rear is a piece of cake in fitment and installing. no modding to any of it!

its all urethane, and its just as strong if not stronger than OEM. its made the same way as OEM, and they are light. go to Kaminari.com and FAQs they have more info on how they make it.

installing takes 30minutes at the most, 25minutes is getting the doublestick tape right lol.

and i think they look, or else i wouldnt have bought the kit if you need some more angles let me know, i'll see what else i have

Old 10-03-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
the only problem with the kit is it cost so much lol but its worth it. id buy it if i had money.
Old 10-03-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diskreet
I have a few questions on the Kaminari kit:

1. Are the sides and rear urethane?
2. Is the urethane process they use really up to, or exceeding, OEM standards?
3. How hard it is to install these kits, since they brag so much about quality & fitment?
4. What does everyone think of how it looks?

RHCP has the sedan front, right? Love the look cause its so original. Maybe he can pop in here to answer.

RHCP has the OEM Aero Front Lip for the coupe...
Original? Look at my sig, I have it too.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

billiardini will become famous soon enoughbilliardini will become famous soon enough
the kit is awesome, I would definately recommend it to anybody who is looking for the whole lip or even just parts of it.. The only small problem I ran into were the sides.. Nothing major they just required a little more double sided 3m tape to make sure the top area doesnt rub with my door when opening and closing, besides that one of the sickest kits if not the sickest..
Old 10-03-2006

yeah i was wrong about him having it. Anyway thanks for all the replies. I love the way the kit looks, so now I have to get the money together.

How much did you pay to get it painted?
Old 10-03-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
When it was new I got it painted it cost $400, and thats from a fairly expensive body shop around where I am from, being theres only two lol.

But the second time my dad painted it, cost maybe $50.
Old 10-03-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
The Kaminari kits fits perfect, people who say the sides don't fit then they need to adjust underneith the car, i have it drilled in the bottom so that it pulls close, no 3m tape on my sides.
Old 10-03-2006

i just have the 3m tape on the part behind my drivers door. it seems to pull up for some reason.
Old 10-03-2006

So you think I can get my rear bumper repainted, and 2 scratches (like 1" long, 1/2" wide, 1/4 - 1/2" deep each) reparied on it, along with the kit painted, for less than say $700?
Old 10-03-2006

aahhh you should. thats not including the extra $800-$1000 for the kit though. they are just going to bondo those little scratches. hell they might not even paint the whole rear bumper, but make sure they do or in about 2 years you will see the line where they blended the clear and it looks horrible.
Old 10-03-2006

Yeah im a big believer in paying extra money for quality.. thus the kaminari kit. The paint it dulled/scratched in spots anyway on the rear, so the whole thing needs repainting.
I absolutly want to get the kit on and everything for less than $2k though. I hope to also get springs with that $2k.
Then I need new tires on my wheels, since they are completly slick and the belts are almost showing (have them off now) then on to tint and possibly new seats.
That my plan right now at least. If nothing else I need that kit and the tires.
Old 10-03-2006

yah i think you should be successful in getting the kit, painted, and springs. depending on the spring cost.
Old 10-03-2006

I figure no more than $200 for springs and of course 1/2 the reason i want them is to attempt to install them myself!
Old 10-03-2006

yah you should be able to get it done then
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

loosha808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
I figure no more than $200 for springs and of course 1/2 the reason i want them is to attempt to install them myself!
what kind of springs you looking to get?
Old 10-03-2006

dunno yet. Neuspeed sports, S Techs, or others. don't know for sure.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
either of those are fine. are you looking to replace your shocks as well? and btw, I LOVE MY KAMINARI LIP KIT!!!!
Old 10-03-2006

no i dont want to. front shocks are brand new and rear shocks... well... with the stereo i dont even think im changing the rear springs
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

loosha808 is an unknown quantity at this point
what about some neuspeed race springs, i got a set for sale.
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, im selling kamanari front nad side skirts for $500+shipping, but u have a 4 door, pretty sure only the front lip would fit
pm if u want it
Old 10-04-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
hey diskreet check this out...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280950

Edit: Whoops! didn't see the above post

Last edited by Kevbotron; 10-04-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2006

Who Has The Kaminari Kit On Their White Sedan???
Old 10-14-2006
Registered!!

greenEX will become famous soon enoughgreenEX will become famous soon enough
Hayz
Old 10-14-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Id say the kami is great fitting and looking except for in the heat. down here in FL the heat really sags the urethane, but once it cools everything pulls back together.
Old 10-15-2006

Thanks for the name. I finally got approval from my friends for those pics.

Oh and in PA it gets hot but even summer nights are cool.

Quick Reply: Kaminari questions