Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I got the money for one...but almost the other O_O

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation I got the money for one...but almost the other O_O

sorry for the new thread i know theres a FAQ for this but i just had too BAD ME!

Ok well now after reading boost junkies thread i asked myself should i do that? He has a nice turbo which seems cute, and has made me question my k20 project. I have pretty much all the money for a decent kit from dezod turbo.

This is making me feel like im questioning my manhood O_O
Thats how hard im thinking of....has anyone else (who has swapped) gotten the urge to buy a turbo when they had half the money for a kswap?
And if so tell me your thoughts, because if i should turbo ill have some more stuff for sale k-parts.

My 2nd option was kswap and then turbo....but idk...lol someone help plan this....and i DO PLAN ON GOING TO THE TRACKS.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
thing is all i want to get to is 280-300 hp and im sure i can do it with d17 with proper tuning...so let me get this striaght.....a k20 with 280hp and a d17 hp are basuically the same except the TQ? which is more promising in the TQ area
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
boost = tq. a K20 will get u to 300 with less building to it but when u consider the time and effort for the swap and then the money for the turbo kit, u might as well just stay D17 and go from there. plus parts prices are about the same and often cheaper for the D17.

wait didnt i already answer this question for u?

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 08-28-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
yikes.. iam thinking about turbo before, and someone said that K swap is more relaible, so i thought i should go for kswap, and then there's this one clip where this vic got a turbo.. snaps sounds tight as hell.. so now iam tend to go on turbo.. now this.. iam confuse!!
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
go turbo unless you have another car to drive around while your car is in the shop for three to 5 months depends
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
d17 r also eayier to work on. cant get to the turbo on the back of the k without some creative tools.
Old 08-29-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
k24a1 swap it, k20a2 head, and call it happy that NA just over 200whp and youll spend about 6g's if you do it yourself. Great for track and street. And if later on you still decided to boost you can.
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

i can get it for cheap the mechanic i know can get cheap parts and he will do theentire swap for 500 with everything he needs in 4 days

anoyone on this forum have a turbo k20?

Last edited by boxcarracer; 08-29-2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
well u can think of this if u plan on selling the car later down the road your not gonna do so well with a k20 swapped into the civic b.c local buyers wouldnt want it(unless they are into modding). now if u go turbo on the d17 u can always pull off the turbo sell the turbo nd then sell the car how it was when u pulled it off the lot. now if u dont plan on sellin the car or wat not i guess a nice k20 would b okay and of course it would be alot more reliable than the boosted d17 b.c its still stock. its all based on wat you want. do u want crazy power or enough power to get you goin faster than now? ive already made up my mind. im goin with dezods v3 turbo once i get the money b.c i can practically install it myself with a lil help and i just want some extra kick than the power i have now. if i went with k20 i know i will need to take it to a shop due to limited specialty tools and i know i wont b keeping the civic my whole life.

so all in all if u can get a k swap done for hell of a good deal then i say go for it. but its your decision in the long run and u better have a backup car while yer car is being worked on
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

nycolombiany is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo BOXCARRACER.....do you know a good mechanic to install a turbo kit..in Queens or in the 5 boroughs for cheap? if so how much will he charge? I was thinking of getting a new car....But it will be a lot cheaper to just turbo my car.
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

i know a shop that installs turbos thats their specialty.....but it might cost a lot... i know the guy and heard storys of him ripping people off...after hearing that i dont go by anymore but u can try a shop called DRT drag race technology they were in honda tuning with a hatch 646 whp at 30psi u can look it up on honda tuning search DRT its a red hatch. its located in middle village near queens center mall pm me for more info

so all in all if u can get a k swap done for hell of a good deal then i say go for it. but its your decision in the long run and u better have a backup car while yer car is being worked on

im not going to sell or trade my civic in for anything i wanna make this thing max out in whp on the track i want it to be a lifetime project something ill have even when i get kids....lol

Last edited by boxcarracer; 08-29-2006 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-29-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
idk, for reliability i would say just the swap. you need side money to fix what breaks from turbo. i dont care how good your fuel and tuning setup is, the motor wasnt made for hi boost plain and simple. neither is the tranny. our cars barely hold themselves together without boost as it is.
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
to boost the d17 to 280-300who its going ot take a complete build up. which in reality would cost as much if not more than a swap. and still not as reliable. you would be maxing out the cars potential at this point. so if you ever wanted more you would have to swap to get it and now you have spent money twice. just swap it!!!
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

greenEX will become famous soon enoughgreenEX will become famous soon enough
I'd get a drop, a nice (lip) kit, and turbo it with a mild tune. No offense but there will always be something better out there so dont spend crazy amounts of money only to part the car out later like most of the other guys on this forum who went to 350Z's and EVO's and RSX's
Old 08-29-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by greenEX
I'd get a drop, a nice (lip) kit, and turbo it with a mild tune. No offense but there will always be something better out there so dont spend crazy amounts of money only to part the car out later like most of the other guys on this forum who went to 350Z's and EVO's and RSX's
This is my plan now. I'm getting a dezod kit through his GB and then I want to tackle the suspension. I was planning on getting a bike but I decided I'll wait until my insurance break when I turn 24-25 (nice college grad gift for myself since I'm behind in credits ). Eventually I'm going to get a new car and I may not want to keep the civic after that, so I'll be able to break everything down and reuse some of it or sell it all off.

You should decide quick because dezod's GB is a really good deal, especially if we can get 6 people. Dezod's kit for 2600!! I'm all over that even if I was broke.

Quick Reply: I got the money for one...but almost the other O_O