Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Some what of a new look... (Pics Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Some what of a new look... (Pics Inside)

Well some of the changes I have done in the last couple of months are a CF hood and some eyelids. Yeah it’s not much but it’s "some what" of a new look. I know I might get "flamed" for the hood but I like it and it's different. These are pictures of my car I found off the internet. These were taken this last Sunday (08/20/06) at the Import Experience Car Show in Texas. And now all comments are welcomed! Good and Bad ones! Tell me what you think?

Edit: Yes my hood is popped open. Trust me its a perfect OEM fit.

Last edited by texascivic2k1; 08-23-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
nice!

That hood cost an arm & a leg?
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

nyte_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
definitly like the new look. First look made my jaw drop.
Old 08-23-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
damn, that's nice!! props
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
car looks really good man...haven't seen too many people sporting that hood...is that the kaminari hood?
Old 08-23-2006
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
daamn! i never like hoods that have designs but that **** looks hot on your ride! what wheels are those?
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
damn its soo nice but I'm not sure about the hood maybe it'll grow on me...
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
yeah thats the kaminari hood. I want one as well. That looks really good on your ride man.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
dsamn I like your car!
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
looks good
Old 08-23-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
damn nice brakes
Old 08-23-2006

fuledya is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I get a pic of the hood closed? I want to see how it fits.

Give me the specifics cause I am looking to get one too.

Does it come predrilled for the washer nozzles?

Do you use your stock hood latches and mounts?

Cost?

Where did you purchase it?

BTW, you should get carbon fiber eyelids to match.
Old 08-23-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
looks great man like always
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
where did u get ur eyelids from?
brand?
cost?

thnx
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks really sweet man, I like everything about it, good job!
Old 08-23-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I think it's perfect because all your stuff is really clean, and this is just a bit more extreme than the rest......making it believable...it all looks like it belongs, nice work
Old 08-23-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by manthatguysfast
daamn! i never like hoods that have designs but that **** looks hot on your ride! what wheels are those?
They are 18” Motegi FF7’s glossy black w/polished lip.

Originally Posted by Hayz
damn its soo nice but I'm not sure about the hood maybe it'll grow on me...
Yeah I was taking a chance buying the hood… I really didn’t know if I liked it but as usual I wanted to be different but CLEAN. It has grown on me.

Originally Posted by fuledya
Can I get a pic of the hood closed? I want to see how it fits.

Give me the specifics cause I am looking to get one too.

Does it come predrilled for the washer nozzles?

Do you use your stock hood latches and mounts?

Cost?

Where did you purchase it?

BTW, you should get carbon fiber eyelids to match.
1. Yes pics of the hood closed will be coming soon. But I a sure you that Kaminari products fit great.

2. It does not come with predrilled holes for the nozzles. My car is always clean so took out the whole windshield washing system… as you can see in the front bumper.

3. Goes on as easy as Honda put on your OEM hood.

4. Cost is a lot different question. The guy that sold it to me said it was a “baller status” hood and checked the prices on it and it was about $800 – $1000 dollars shipped. I bought it from him (member EM2typeflex awesome guy!) used for $600 shipped.

Yeah I like the CF eyelids but the weave goes the other way and there are different shades of CF and didn’t want to go through that. But I cant turn back because I J.B. Welded the eyelids on the headlight. lol

Originally Posted by bullet02ex
where did u get ur eyelids from?
brand?
cost?

thnx
It was a gift from a family member. Sorry. But I know she got it off ebay.

I really do thank everyone that has commented! Keep them coming!
Old 08-24-2006
im just a stupid n00b who knows nothing

CM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of light
Simply amazing!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I think that may be my favorite coupe on the site now, absolutely hawt!!!
Old 08-24-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
lookin ggood man keep up the great work
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I like it. The hood goes with the flow of your kit so it looks great on there. Too extreme for me but it looks great. Very well done!
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

BRED civic is an unknown quantity at this point
sick hood... why does it pop up a bit? and eyelids.... not a big fan, my suggestion would be to get some nice halo projectors.

SICK ride though bro
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BRED civic
sick hood... why does it pop up a bit? and eyelids.... not a big fan, my suggestion would be to get some nice halo projectors.

SICK ride though bro
please no projectors it would take away from the overall clean look of the front...
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats how u represent the black on black coupes!!
very nice man.
Old 08-25-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
I think that may be my favorite coupe on the site now, absolutely hawt!!!
Your going to make me blush. Lol Thanks!

Originally Posted by BRED civic

SICK ride though bro
Remember I didn’t take these pics. These are pics I found on the website from the car show I entered last Sunday. So when I was getting my car ready (cleaning it) for the show he/she caught me with the hood poped. The first couple of pics were taken before the show started.

Eyelids I got them because not too many people have them. Plus I wanted more of an aggressive look too. Hey thanks for you opinion!

Halo projectors… I’m not a big fan of them. If I did get projectors it would have to be a retro fit into the OEM housing… like member “vietstylez” for example.

Originally Posted by Hayz
please no projectors it would take away from the overall clean look of the front...
Enough said. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MYK1013
thats how u represent the black on black coupes!!
very nice man.
Yeah got to love the black on black cars! Even tho it’s played out (like everyone’s says) might be a change up in the near future. Dunno yet.

Again thanks for all the comments! Keep them coming... Maybe some new ideas?
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
car looks sweet!!! nice and clean
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

greenEX will become famous soon enoughgreenEX will become famous soon enough
any more pics from that show? btw ur car is still hott, lol
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

xiskylineix is an unknown quantity at this point
good job mang!! great looking car!
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
ahhh texas ol pal....I always love ur car..and now the ride is sweeter than before mang...I'm amazed how you upgraded with even a better look than before and still kept it clean...way to go

PS...i guess ur still tossed up between the tsunami & wings west lip spoiler ehhhh....if it seems so hard to pick one why don't u just leave them off lol...
Old 08-25-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Hey simplicated what’s up! Yeah I am still stuck in between the two spoilers. Like you said that might be the best way to go..."just leave them off". I think what is hard about the spoilers if because if I get either or I probably will make it permanent.

Tsunami = Drilling holes in to the trunk
Wings West Lip Spoiler = Extremely strong glue/bond will be harsh on paint if taken off.

So yeah I am stuck. Well hey thanks for the complements!

Quick Reply: Some what of a new look... (Pics Inside)