Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

anyone ever see this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
anyone ever see this?

has anyone ever seen anything like this?

now here is the story.
was driving down sunrise highway (longislanders would know) and im in the middle lane doin about 60 heading east. then out of no where a sewercap is sunken in a bit and the front is lifted up. so i look left. car on the side. i look right. car there too. got no where to go but right into it. well i hit it and BAM all i hear is a flat. and thats what happened.

now will ADR replace it since i only bought them 3.5 months ago?
i got a police report. but it is a state road and if i wanna fight it im prolly gunna have to go to albany new york and its so out of the way. so i would rather go through ADR. i never heard of a rim splitting like that.
Old 08-13-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
what the fvckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk note to self: never drive on sunrise highway ever again
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
I've seen cracked rims, but damn. Sorry for the loss. I would fight it if ADR won't fix it.
Old 08-13-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah tell me about it.
Old 08-13-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
well if your shocks werent blown the wheel might of not broke but adr doesnt know that they are so im guessing with something as drastic as this they have to do something...hopefully. You have wheels to use in the meantime? you can have mine if you want
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
god dang man thank god u didnt spin out of control
Old 08-13-2006
PWIT

i have my winter tires. but they dont have have tread on them, i was hoping i had til november to get new threads on them.

yeah the crack is more than halfway around my rim. the ******* next to me wouldnt let me over so i drove like 1000ft like that before the ********** moved.

Last edited by CenZ; 08-13-2006 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2006

damn man
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

mmhmm001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn that crazy. Glad to see you got over to the shoulder safely.
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
dam that sucks but good luck....i hit a manhole cover similar to ur accident..bent the rim in bad...company said unless u purchased insurance on them(not the roadhazzard thing which i had- they told me it only covered manufacturer defects) they wouldnt cover it...said it was like that with most companies...hope u have better luck..they should replace it just because of that awsome split
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
that is strait up unheard of
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
wwo its like the rim was weak when u recieved it fight it man
Old 08-13-2006
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
wow, thats pretty bad.. I hope ADR replaces that for you. And once you get a new rim.. sell them quick! Cause that is some poor construction on their behalf.
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
damn!! that really blows...

are those ADR competition 7's? black with polished lip?

in the event ADR wont replace it, Ive got 2 i can sell ya for really cheap. I bent the other 2 by driving 70 over a "pot-hole" created by the city... i think one might have slight curb-rash, but maybe not, id have to double check
Old 08-13-2006
Registered!!

4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
You gotta fight that **** with the manufacturer. That's some BS.
Just tell them JDA.
You know "I was JUST DRIVING ALONG......"
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

CiviCSiR202 is an unknown quantity at this point
how low your car is ???
Old 08-14-2006
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about
ADR is cheap quality... my buddy bent his coming off a curb.
Old 08-14-2006
PWIT

bending rims is completly different than splitting them down the center.

for who asked how low i am, around 2.0"

and who said they might have my rims, they are ADR S07R's black with polished lip
http://adrwheels.com/sfImages.large/268.jpg
Old 08-14-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
That is the wildest thing ever!!!! At least ur safe.......those are ADR's......im never buying that brand of wheel
Old 08-14-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
just to tell you, you can fight the city about not maintaining the street right but ADR will NOT do anything about damage to wheels if its not out of factory defect...hitting something on the road means "miss use" of product so they will not warranty anything...not saying this to hurt u its just i see this too often because it sell rims every day and idiots come after they hit a pothole saying that the bend or crack was there before ...even tho it wouldnt happen that way when we mounted them the first time....
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
yeah i had 18's on my car and i broke 2 of them at the same time...driving down a smooth highway too...
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

gizcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to live in Jersey u can fight it
I was driving on 24 in the passing lane at night out of no where i hit something and my car started to shake i pulled over and my rim was bent.
So i went to see what it was on the road it was a large peace of stone with rebar in it so i took a pix. The next day i took it to shop and my hole right side of axle was __ck up control arm, rim ect...... called DOT DEPARTMENT and they paid for the damages
Old 08-14-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
damn....... that shiii sucks.....
Old 08-14-2006
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Damnnnnnn
Old 08-14-2006
PWIT

so what would i have to do for this? call new york state DOT and tell them to fix it?
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CenZ
and who said they might have my rims, they are ADR S07R's black with polished lip
http://adrwheels.com/sfImages.large/268.jpg
ahh, nvm. the ADR comp.7's look the same from the back
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
It can't hurt to try both routes, the manufacturer and the DOT.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
that happened to one of my classmates back in highschool, on his toyota rav4 with stock 15" steelies.

he said the lane he driving was unpaved, so he switched lanes and one of his wheels cracked completely in 2

|____________

but that that sucks man. your best bet is to get the state to pay for it - i've read before that other members have successfully gotten paid for their damaged rims.

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 08-14-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
thats just crazy never seen anything like that..... sorry hope everything works out
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
you should put some red paint on the crack and run down the street yelling "im gunna getcha" while chasing people. haha

or just hang it up in your house.
Oh yea, glad you're ok and nothing serious happened. Check your suspension for any dmg.