Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

H.I.D. Retrofit pics, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
there is diy in lighting forum. good call on jb weld. if it bothers me enough ill just take em apart again. or maaybe even from the back without taking light apart? how does the jbweld work exactly.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
^ mix and apply
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
dont put Jbweld where it get real hot....cuz it wont stay their
J-bweld and heat = nonononono
Old 08-09-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jay78
dont put Jbweld where it get real hot....cuz it wont stay their
J-bweld and heat = nonononono
NICE job on the retro
And JB weld is resistant up to 500° F
Old 08-09-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i didnt think it would get that hot? i was gonna put it to hold part of the projector to the plastic housing. does it bond to plastic? i was gonna put epoxy but that stuff cracks really easy
Old 08-09-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
i didnt think it would get that hot? i was gonna put it to hold part of the projector to the plastic housing. does it bond to plastic? i was gonna put epoxy but that stuff cracks really easy
They all kinds of JB Weld: http://jbweld.net/products/index.php

But the O.G. stuff will bond plastic too: http://jbweld.net/products/jbweld.php

quote from page:
What does it bond to?

Virtually any combination of iron, steel, copper, aluminum, brass, bronze, pewter, porcelain, ceramic, marble, glass, PVC & ABS, concrete, fiberglass, wood, fabric, paper -- just about any porous and non-porous material.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
My projector is mounted to my TYC's using a product called Fast Steel.
Sets in 5 minutes, good to go in a few hours, and cures completely in 24 hours.
This stuff is as good as steel; as you can drill and screw into it when it hardens.

I said JB Weld because most people know that one by name.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
JB weld works the same as fast seal.

and can resist high temperatures.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pics look good dude. Makes me want to do mine haha
Old 08-10-2006
Premium Member

thanks. i got jb weld, so does it set fast, because i really didnt wanna take the lights apart or off the car due to all the wires being spliced already. i was hoping i could hold the light upright and just drip some inside the hole, then once stops moving just put the light back on.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

i naver tried jb weld cuz some told not to use it.......let me know how it goes.....
Old 08-10-2006
Premium Member

damn gotta take everything apart again. and the jbweld sets in 6 hrs and cures in 15. looks like i gotta put stock lights back on til tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

steve this is how valeo clear lens would look like here is mine not aimed correctly....
color moded

Old 08-10-2006
Premium Member

now its raining crap. maybe tomorrow ill fool with it. those pics look nice, just not what i was going for. i like less color but yea your cutoff is much sharper.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

so is this gone be your last retro or planning on next one?

Last edited by jay78; 08-10-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2006
Premium Member

this is all for me. im keeping it. happy with the looks and projector.